Reviews for Sharing Skin
angellwings chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
Okay I love this story! I was hoping that was where you were headed! This is a pairing that needs more love! And I love the way you wrote Ella. I really do! She's one of my favorites and I love to see people write her as intelligent. Great fic! I loved every single word! You're being favorited!
nevershoutbribri chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
:D

I absolutely LalalalaLOVE Nate/Ella. :)

They are adorable. ;D

Favorited, of course, of course.

Sunset Clouds chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
I love Ella, I can't even help it. She's a character that is underappreciated. She's the dumb one, but you can do so many things to her character, because she's not exactly one that has one type of personality. I like this Ella. It's a nice Ella-reflection. Amazing!
FEBrackman chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
this was really really good! I hope you keep writing past 50 :D

3 Faith
Kacee chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
Wowee.

You know that was brilliant, don't you?

This is one of my favourite one shots that I have ever read.

Seriously well written, and very interesting.

Loved it D

Hugs,

Kacee
fromoutoftherain chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
That was so freaking beautiful. No other words can describe how much I truly loved this story.
with the monsters chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
O.O

If I haven't said this before, you're BRILLIANT. Like, bloody fantastic! And I'll have to agree with Amanda - you wrote ME! I don't know how, but I can totally connect with Ella in this, she's got something of me in her, that's for sure. The loneliness and the heartbreak and the broken past, and I just wish my happy ending was coming my way a bit faster.

I cried when I read this, and I'm not ashamed to admit it, because this is a piece of authoristic (is that a real word?) genius. Seriously. You are sososososososo good, I'm so glad I decided to follow the link on Amanda's profile on a whim.

You've given me shivers (and wet cheeks) and I don't even know how. You're just too good for words to say, so I'm going to stop trying now.

Just ... wow. Amazing beyond belief!
PurpleAngel87 chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
I really enjoyed this so so much. I really do like Nate and Ella together...I've only read one other story with them but I loved it and this was amazing in its own way.

It's evident that you've spent a lot of time on this, it's practically perfect. I love your outlook on Ella and I love when Nate finally tells her.

This is such a thorough piece of writing, I really can't begin to explain why I loved it so much, I just really did. I loved the detail, the plot, the interaction between the characters, and of course, your writing style. Huh, what do you know, I could explain what I loved.

Anyway. you already know your worl is amazing, but I think you are totally right to be extra proud of this one...you've really outdone yourself. this is so going in my favourites, and Congratulations on making the big 5-0. Yay!

Well done, once again.

~PurpleAngel~
DJDanger1 chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
That was great
faerietaleredux chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
What a good friend Ella. I appreciated the eloquence of her was more than empty optimism. Its a sign of true friendship that she expressed those things, even though she couldn't really understand where Caity was coming from.

It makes me sad to see how empty she feels because she's not with someone romantically. I know that's how a lot of people feel in real life (and not just girls). I'm kind of on the opposite spectrum personally. But no need to go into that right now.

"She calls Tess and Peggy first, her former best friends who had somewhere down the line evaporated into mere acquaintances..." That line and the whole story of how their relationship changed as they got older was very interesting.

Oh dear. Who is it she's afraid of seeing. Nate? Eep.

"Ella is the equivalent to sunshine and bunnies. And what he needs right now does not involve Ella and her happy parade of sunshine and bunnies." Aw, that's so sad. When people sum you up as one thing -a personal stereotype- and don't think of you beyond those terms. As much as I love him, I think Nate, of the three boys, is most likely to make those kinds of assumptions. He may very well be the more cynical of the three.

&Ella's dead right. If he really wanted to be alone, he wouldn't have come. He wants to mope and have people feel sorry for him. It's human.

David? What? Who's David?

Ok, I get it now. I don't like him though. So my answer to "does she really want it with David Carlson? Her teenage heartbreaker?" is a definitive no.

She "hopes he'll leave her first"? That's quite the cop-out, but fitting with her personality thus far. Still, I'm expecting more from her. It's kind of cruel in a way.

..."the one thing she can't get over...is the fact that her escort is none other than Nate Black." YES! I'm so excited about that.

A very satisfying conclusion. Yay for happy endings and surprise couples. The best ones do surprise you, I think.

Well done, Adalyn! A very special piece properly befitting your fiftieth story.
oddball15 chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Oh, Pyro, that was very sweet. You wrote Ella very awesomely. I really like Ella/Nate. I like how your Ella wasn't totally dumb. She was actually probably the smartest one in the story. Great job. :D
Serendipity545 chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Hey everyone. If you've happened by some minute chance to have read this story because you followed my profile link, you're probably wondering why I haven't left a review till now.

That's because I wrote the below (soon to be on my profile if FF says it's too big) when I first read it. I had such a strong reaction, I felt terrified to post my opionion of it.

And then I realized what a disservice I was doing to this amazing author by selfishly keeping the impact of this story on my to myself. So the below is a copy of the PM I sent pyrolyn. I hope it influences how you all reading this review right now will read the story:

Ada, I don't think I can write a review for this. I really don't think I can. What sort of cruel twist of fate allows me to watch Marley and Me, and then go on the computer to find this story? I know that when people say that they bawl after the read a story sounds so cliche and unbelievable, but Ada, god. You made me hurt.

You made me breathless.

You made me feel all at once.

I couldn't see the goddamn screen about halfway through, and I had to shut off the screen and just cry for a good ten minutes to get it out of my system.

I really wish you could physically hear me right now, because even then I don't think sound could fully convey how this made me feel. And I know that mere words can't.

You said in your author's note (I did read it-my name was the first word after all.) That you wanted to write about Ella.

How in the hell did you end up writing me?

I nearly doubled over in when I read the first paragraphs.

All the worries I stay up late worrying about, all the useless tears I've spent on my worries, my innermost insecurities and hidden self, were right there in those first few paragraphs. (Oh crap-I'm crying again.) This story, this character, isn't just a creation of your imagination, it's a living, breathing girl in New Jersey. And I don't know whether to be blown away by your perceptiveness or to be utterly terrified over the fact that the hidden, innermost part of my soul is exposed to the world right now, or terrified that you so unconciously know me.

"She doesn't understand why they don't want the dream-come-trues and the forever-and-evers."

There are no words in any language that convey to you what I feel when I read that sentence. None.

Just know that those words will reverberate in my mind to my dying day. I'm not over exaggerating. I'm not. (God, how am I still crying?)

Look, I can't finish this. I'll finish it when I'm in a proper state of mind.

Or when I can control myself.

I'll write you a proper, deserving, public review when I can, Ada, I will. Just give me some time.

So Ada, I finally got around to that review. Now, everyone reading this review instead of this story are idiots, and should go immediately read it.

And think about it beyond the surface words, because this story has so many layers a person could drown.
LittleRedOne chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
This was awesome. You write a pretty good Ella. I love when she was telling Nate off. :D
1927 chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
I hope you're glad to know that I most definitely and sincerely enjoyed this far more than "in the slightest".

"The truth is that Ella doesn't want Mitchie and Shane there because her heart will break for them all over again. She hates that the 'golden couple' as her parents once were, hate each other. And she can't fix it. She can't remedy their situation. She can't make five year-old Zoey disappear from the darkness her parents are creating. She just...can't do a thing."

That was one of my favorite lines-it seemed to just sum up your entire character of Ella so well. There were so many great bits in there, but that just stuck out to me. Don't know why. I wasn't expecting Nate/Ella at first, but once they had that conversation (screaming match?) on the first night of the reunion, I was glad, and I kind of hated David after that. But that conversation had me on the edge of my seat, and so you've kind of made me like Nate/Ella. Damn. Thanks for a great read.

Love, Cami

P.S. The title of this is absolutely brilliant.
Dustbowl Dance chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Okay, I hate to admit this, but I usually only read Tess centrics, so I almost missed this. But boy, am I gald I took the time to read about Ella.

This was beautiful! Your hard work definitely paid off. I can relate to almost everything Ella feels, whether I've gone through it or not. I also like the foreshadowing with

Nate; it was there, but not obvious. Mostly though I think that deep at the heart of the piece Ella was still Ella. Yeah, maybe she was more serious, and more articulate, but still she was the kind-hearted Ella everyone knew her as.

Well done, and congratulations on your fiftieth story.