Reviews for Give and Take
Guest chapter 6 . 3/28/2013
i thougth this was rated T. whats wrong with you? but grate story
anoel chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I think I will enjoy your story very much. I see intelligence, humor,and talent in this first chapter. I also like the fact that the author knows how to write a proper sentence with with everything that goes along with that.

I would also like to say that I very much appreciated the authers comments at the end of the first chapter. I am looking forward to finishing the story.

Please keep writing!
akumabarai chapter 9 . 7/5/2009
This was very well done. I too thought that Ruby behaved WAY out of character in Lucifer Rising. There's no way she would have begun monologuing once she accomplished her goal. You've made both her and Sam's motivations and story very believable. Particularly since over Season 3 and 4, we got to see many hints as to Ruby's possible motivations and feelings; you've brought it all together really well.
rahne2 chapter 9 . 6/21/2009
Finally! Someone who saw Ruby's behavior in the convent as out of character. (And finally! The system let me leave a review! I've been trying for weeks. Sorry it took so long.) I love this. Of course, Ruby was pursuing her own agenda. Of course she wasn't stupid or submissive enough to have just been "following orders". And it makes much more sense to me that she had "belonged" to Azazel or Lilith than to the unknown demon in Malleus Malificarum. I'm not sure I agree that she faked her death, but even real death gets her out of Hell, and after centuries I'm sure she wanted that more than anything.

Even when she was betraying Sam, I really believe she cared for him (she never lied to him or Dean, just left a few facts out!). I love that you tied in her love for a past Sam, to highlight it. The background you gave her fits perfectly with the era of her birth and her personality: smart, capable, independent, bitter, and unashamed of her skills and abilities, especially in witchcraft. She also did not lie about holding on to her humanity- she uses people as she was used, but her emotions were real, and her understanding of Sam's bond with Dean was very deep. I love that she mourns her previous host, Kat, and hates Lilith for what happened to her. I believe that Kat was as much a partner as a host, watching "her" all thru season 3.

I'd like to point out that your assumption that Lilith was pretending to try to kill Sam in NRftW is a little problematic. I assume you are familiar with Lilith's legend as given in the Hebrew Talmud, but if not- she was the first woman created by God to be Adam's partner (created as an equal in the first creation story in Genesis), but refused to submit to him as God commanded, so was thrown out and became the first demon, mother of demons and/or the lamia, killer of children in thier cribs and succubus stealing mens' seed. Eve belongs to the second creation story in Genesis 2, created from Adam's rib to be properly submissive to him. I don't believe that Lilith had any intention of dying to free Lucifer if she could help it, but couldn't chance openly defying him if he could ever get hold of her. All those attempts to kill Sam or deal with him were real, because she knew, as Ruby and the "senior management" angels did, that Sam really was the only one who could kill her. (After all the other special children died.) If Lilith could defy God, does it seem likely she would be utterly submissive to Lucifer? (Or utterly devoted to him as a lover or master? I doubt it.)

And congratulations on understanding that Sam would never have started drinking the blood unless, as you have portrayed, he first tasted it by accident; and then came to understand why he couldn't become as strong as he needed to in time, with all the psychological blocks Dean and his Dad left him with. John really was a very black and white thinker, wasn't he? The ghouls in Jump the Shark were right, their father was no threat, he was just a scavenger, but John killed him anyway, for the 'crime' of not being human. I remember cringing when Dean asked Sam back at the beginning of season 4, "Do you know how far off the reservation you've gone? How far from human?" To condemn someone for what they were born is hateful, even if John was right most of the time in equating 'supernatural'with 'evil'.Even he used psychics.

It was always one of his greatest blindspots, and Dean was just as bad, until Sam and Bobby taught him differently, but that's another tale.

So, thank you again for a marvelous story that made sense out of a great deal of ambiguous or out of character behavior at the end of season 4. I plan to explore all your fic now. Love it!
Inactive164488 chapter 9 . 6/1/2009
i love the story i do i do, but i have a few things that i've picked up on, sam's eyes are hazel, and the vampire's name is lenore, not lenora, but apart from that, it's brillient, i love your attention to detail and description. keep up the good work
Basched chapter 6 . 5/22/2009
Whooa! This is very...descriptive! What rating is this story again? ;) VERY good! I'm more than...whoa...I can't barely right.

Looking forward to the next chapter! Certainly!
Basched chapter 5 . 5/22/2009
I love this story, you have the characters down so well, and the detail is great (long winded at times) but still this is a great read. XD
Inactive164488 chapter 4 . 5/17/2009
oh my god, where is chapter 5, there is no chapter 5
Amy90 chapter 3 . 5/13/2009
Same here. (As Tissia said.) :)
Tissia chapter 2 . 5/11/2009
This is funny and well written. I'm really enjoying it. Waiting for more.