Reviews for Not Quite Perfect
adda edwards chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Very HOT! I likie!

You captured their needs and thoughts so well! From fear to ecstacy in minutes! Great job!
getcarter chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Just perfect. Loved the tension in the room after Amanada's bath. I could just picture the expression on his face. Nicely done!
adare1 chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Oh...my...gosh. That was simply wonderful!

Your fic. was tender, sweet, romantic and oh-so-sexy.

Thank you for a fantastic story that made my day.
Sandra2 chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
This story captured the dire situation, all the conflicting needs and emotions. I especially enjoyed the Amandaisms, more light hearted moments that balanced the serious situation. The "Is something wrong?" sequence, and going over the list of needed supplies broke up the building tension. The use of the ticking clock woven throughout the story added an even pace up to and including the final line. Thank you for posting. Sandra
sbfisher chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Beautiful! Enjoyed it - thanks for sharing!
FeliciaMaplewood chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
"and when he says her name it's just a fragment of sound in the night."

Man - I wish I had written that!

This is a beautifully written piece. The voices and the emotions are real. Their interactions very true to character. You did an excellent job using imagery to make the readers feel they were in that shoddy cabin.

Well Done! I so enjoyed it!
SpyGirl chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
So I can't log in, I've forgotten my password! However, I had to tell you that this is a lovely one-shot! Absolutely the best done vignette for that particular episode. Your writing is gorgeous. I didn't think I'd like the present tense, but you made it work. Kudos!

SG
Chrate chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Wow. This is really well written. Thank you. Please write more!
smk123 chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Welcome to SMK ff - hope you return and write some more! I really enjoyed your story. At first the tense threw me off but then became quite interesting as it gave a very 'in the moment' feeling. Liked the 'will they-won't they' tension and, of course, am glad they did! Good description, liked the insight into their thoughts and feelings as this is one of my favourite episodes (along with Nightcrawler). THanks for adding your take on the events!

Charlie
Loretta the Contessa chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
very good story. enjoyed it greatly
Laurie M chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Ah, now that really was wonderful. I love the interior processes they both go through to arrive at the same point. And the characterisations are great, I think. You realy capture Amanda's strength and intelligence and Lee's complexity - and the fact that he always was a decent man even back when he was 'an arrogant jerk'.

Great story - and I'm already looking forward to more.

L x
Jennifer Cannon chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
WOW-that was an amazing and romantic filler for Stemwinder-loved this story and hope to see more from you soon :)
ermintrude421 chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
This is amazing! What a wonderful look into Their time together. The back-and0forth kept me wondering what would happen and if they would or not. But they did! Great story. Hope you will do more for SMK.
resourceful chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Thank you for a truly beautiful story. Steamwinder is my favorote SMK episode, and you filled in the blanks perfectly. I loved the way you portrayed Amanda's worry for her family and the hesitancy of Lee to consummate their relationship under such frightening circumstances.

I loved your attention to detail: the Chinese dinner, the bargain basement clothes, the lumpy mattress, the clock.

I loved the pace of the story-the slow movement that led them through their doubts and fears and brought them to the perfect peace they found in each other.

Bravo. I truly hope you'll write more stories for the SMK fandom.

Thank you.