Reviews for Awake Unto Me
Name On The Spine chapter 9 . 7/18/2009
It's so happy-ish, in a sick twisted way. It's absolutely amazing. Perfect, poetic, artistic, and beautiful all at the same time. It's so . . . argh, it's just pure awesome! Please update sooner this time!
DeathlySweet chapter 9 . 7/18/2009
Awwe , poor Alice.

James is such a bastard.

I hope Jasper can make her feel better.

Beautiful story , keep it up :)
Thelittlehope chapter 9 . 7/18/2009
Great chapter! I think this one is my favorite so far!
manda2784 chapter 9 . 7/18/2009
I'm so glad you posted and update! I've missed this story. I'm glad we're to the point that Alice is with Jasper and away from James. It's nice to see that she's able to place some small amount of trust in him after what's happened to her. I'm looking forward to seeing how things pan out from here!
raca chapter 8 . 6/29/2009
I am surprised I haven't sat down and read all of this before...it is a bit darker than the rest of your work, but it seems to fit... honestly how else would a family in the 1920's react to their daughter claiming she saw visions?

I like your Edward. I think, if he were human, he really would be awkward and not social. The constant battle of hearing what people are thinking and then witnessing what they choose to portray would drive anyone away from civilization. He can completely see through the masks that people wear-that has to be disappointing and sickening... but I would think he'd find some refuge with his family, after all they are good, honest people.

Anyway, I hope you continue, I really need to see some healing for Alice and Jasper and Rosalie.
BlindingFirefly chapter 8 . 6/17/2009
Holy crap! You did such an awesome job! It's pleasantly creepy and haunting, but so revealing. You got across what was happening without it be blatant. I'm thoroughly impressed. Well done!
Name On The Spine chapter 8 . 6/17/2009
I'm about to cry. I can litarally feel the tears. It's so poetic. THAT'S THE WORD! Your stories- not just this one, others are too- are poetic, among other things. But this chapter, especially, is haunting. It's so vague, and dreamy, it twists madly in this direction, and that, making the perfect story/chapter.

Oh noes! He finally broke her, didn't he? That's so unfourtunate . . . Then he beat her DX. I cannot wait for the next chapter. I really hope Jasper . . . unbreaks(?) her.
PixiePrincess88 chapter 8 . 6/16/2009
wow! You were right...so very intense.
manda2784 chapter 8 . 6/16/2009
Wow, that was intense. I'm so glad she's out of that place now. Hopefully she's away from James for good, not that she won't still have demons to face. I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter. You are doing a great job writing this!
OstentatiousQuerida chapter 7 . 6/11/2009
Yay! This chapter has finally shown up for me, stupid fanfic. *blushes* Your timeline puts mine to shame. I loved reading about the backgrounds of the other Cullens.

Haha, I loved Edward trying to comfort Jasper. "Edward, just stop." Awkward Edward is very funny to read. (Plus I got a really cute mental image of baby Edward 'walking and getting into things'.)

I absolutely loved the story about the lighthouse. Its an amazing metaphor, such a lovely idea. You put it so beautifully, and I loved how you had Carlisle tell the story. (Plus the history side really interested me - is Mary Reynolds a real person?) Carlisle reminds me of Atticus Finch, don't you think? That kind of father figure.

I can't wait to read the next chapter. I love what you've done with everything so far.

Querida ]
OstentatiousQuerida chapter 6 . 6/11/2009
*hangs head in shame at taking so long to review this chapter*

I love this chapter, especially the descriptions of Alice's life in the asylum. I like how you kept showing her strength despite everything, how she is fighting to retain her humanity, instead of becoming the 'crazy' person that the doctors and James are trying to turn her into.

I like how you added the nurse in, at least someone is being kind to Alice.

Querida ]
Name On The Spine chapter 7 . 6/5/2009
I'm still looking for the word . . . maybe pensive? Nah, not the whole story, but this chapter was really pensive. I liked it. We got all sorts of history . . . One thing I'd like to say, also, is that I rotate between enraptured, and about to cry out of sadness for Rosalie and Alice and Esme and that war scene . . . your writing is just that clear and beuatiful. So keep to the happy scenes before I start bawling! (I'm kidding, but that'd probably happen)
Thelittlehope chapter 7 . 6/4/2009
Great chapter! I like how you did all the charecters and I wouldn't say they were ooc but more like they were yours. If that makes sence...

I noticed that the line "...he had to guess. God, he had to guess." was also in your story The Sound of Silence. Did you mean it to be that way? Or was it a coinsodence (sorry its like I'm tired and I can't spell)?
PixiePrincess88 chapter 7 . 6/4/2009
Very well done! I love the idea of someone becoming a lighthouse through their hard times. It's a lovely mental image. :)
manda2784 chapter 7 . 6/4/2009
It was nice to get some background on the others. I'm anxious to see how things will change for Alice when she marries Jasper and gets away from who I'm assuming is James or the James type character. Looking forward to the next chapter! I'm really enjoying this story.