Reviews for Degrees of Separation
Me chapter 1 . 2/3
I don't actually read your work here, I go to the site that has all your stories in series order... But that's neither here nor there.

It's been so long! We miss you! Are you ok? Love your work!
bookworm chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
More stories about the superkids?
Cally chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
You have a great series going on here. I can't wait to see the next chapter. I love how you created the personalities of the kids. You're a very talented writer. Hope you write another chapter for this series soon.
jenifaui chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
This is probably my favorite of your stories. I loved CJ being revealed as Superboy and the reaction that followed. I absolutely love the concept of hybrid superkids, and you do some great characterization of CJ, Marta, and their friends.

I hope you continue with the series. I think it would be interesting if some of the New Kryptonians returned and discovered what they left behind. Or fast forward ten years to when all of these kids are fighting crime... I would also love some shorts about CJ's new alter ego.

You're a great writer. Thanks a lot!
BookLoverL chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
This series is excellent. I haven't actually seen more than a few short clips of Lois and Clark, but I have seen a lot of the other Superman-related media. I think this story is great and even though I don't know whether any of the children are actually canon I think they fit perfectly into the story. Keep up the good work!
winthjo chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Outstanding story once again Nan. Always looking forward to you coming out with new ones.
Aswen chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
I loved this! I thought it was brilliant. I love all the characters of the children, and their development from previous stories. I hope more are on the way. (Stories, not children, I think Clark and Lois have enough...)
bsctjlcb chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
This is absolutley great...so much so I'm going to go back and read everything you've writtem about Lois and Clark. Thanks so much for taking the time and dsre I mention the forethought to write such an engaging tale.
repmetsyrrah chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Hey, I'm not the best at reviews but I had to tell you how much I love this series. It took me about a week to read it all through the first time and I've eagerly awaited all the updates since.

This story was well worth the wait- I especially loved CJ's Superboy appearance and his choice of costume. I can't wait 'till the other kids join him.

Looking forward to more,

-Rep
JamesTKent chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
That was a delightful tale. I mean, the concept of Lois and Clark with -seven- little terrors is bad enough, but a whole city full of half-Kryptonians has to have BOTH Luthor and the US Government concerned, to be sure.

The interaction between the kids was, perhaps, a little too mature, but well-handled. I'm not at all surprised that Lucy already had figured it out, and she rose to the occasion.

You have managed to make these characters people that I -care- about, and look forward to seeing grow. I'm not sure what else Wyatt can do, but I bet there's something . . .
the-dreamer4 chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Yay! Another episode! "then Susie is a complete moron and deserves whatever happens to her" ... why do I have the feeling she'd make a complete moron look like a genius *grin*

I like how Superboy put Ralphie in his place during the press conference. Amazing how a pair of glasses (or lack thereof) and a bit of hair gel (and body language, I suppose) can make a person unrecognizable. Maybe it's a Kryptonian version of Jedi mind tricks ... "This isn't the superhero you're looking for ..." *snigger* It might be fun some time for that to come up in the superkids' conversation some time as they discuss their future careers.

Often I don't get into 'next generation' fics for any fandom, but your world(s) seems a perfect follow-up to the original canon. You cover 'normal life' without getting boring or tedious or angsty. You have superkids that aren't obnoxious. I'm not sure how you do it, but I love your work. The kids' plans for their future super-careers are matter-of-fact, sometimes cute, and perfectly believable.

For the first time that I can recall, I found a nit to pick! (Do you live in Chicago, by any chance?) Most of the time Ally lives on Michigan Boulevard, but there is one spot where you put Michigan Avenue (CJ/Linda walking Ally home after the power outage.)

I also love your Home arc ... does that follow on the Dagger arc, or another of your AUs, or an AU you haven't shared with us yet? I haven't read the Home series lately, but I think there were fewer first-gen kids than we see here.

Oh well, enough babble. I've had my NanSmith-fix for now. Hopeing for more soon. If you take votes, I'd like to see a Lori-n-Clark or a super!Henderson episode.

dreamer
Pearl Light chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
I love your work and absolutely adorabled this chapter in the dagger series. CJ debut as superboy was perfect as was Marta's take down of the car driver. I love the foreshadowing of Jimmy having the advanced mental abilites. The dialog was right on. I loved the "I'm Superman's kid. And I'm gonna kick your butt!" quote perfect for Marta.

It did take me longer than I would like to admit to realise that the blackout was based on the 2003 one. I think the time adds together, anyhow.

In anycase I can't wait for your next dagger installment I'm a loyal reader of those and hope you continue writing them for some time. Trust me they are wonderful and are fresh each time. I'm personally looking forward to more adventures with the kids.