Reviews for Alternate Ending
Sympathy for the Lost Love chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
wow she sounded selfish
Leremia C. Awan chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
hahaha f****ed up but it SO should have ended that way:D
Ida C. Watson chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
hmm .. i am EXTREMELY fond of this story! i believe that i would have loved the movie if this had happened!
Silvara chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Helen was slightly IC, Klaatu as well, Jacob seemed mute, and the ending did not seem very believable I think. Least it's not really the Klaatu from TDTESS.

I think I can understand the motive that may have you writing this. The ending of the movie itself did not annoy me as much, as the humanist-like public reaction did in fact. I don't think Klaatu was so much wrong because humans are great and judging that amazing specie is so utterly bad and yadda. Not at all.

But we have to remember that by stopping electricity, he may have killed a big part of the humanity all around earth. So, considering that and the fact that the humans now know they are watched, I feel ok with his choice. Now, to have him "aroused" by Hellen voice, and to kill her so simply afterward, it was a little difficult for me to believe. Though he sure must have snubbed humans a little much, to decide to condemn then ALL after what he had discovered actually makes him amoral at my opinion. I think, all OTP etc, left aside, that if he were to kill the majority of humanity world wide - sort of - he would be more inclined to left the persons to whom he own a debt of gratitude (not for saving his life but rather for teaching him much more than his kin had been able to learn about a foreign specie). Maybe I'm wrong, but still you did not really explain his choice in this abrupt and violent ending. His last moves did not seem very mature, patient or humble. And were he not, then why was he chosen to go and decide human’s fate? Bu deciding to extinguish a race, he would, in fact, just act like the very human he accuses of destroying earth; wouldn’t he mess with the natural way of things that way ?

Ok, now comes the ending of my ramblings, I hope you survived it. Thank for the show! I hope to read more of you on the fandom...
Gene.Marie85 chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
This seems twisted, yet I like the natural description you have going on here.

However, after saving Helen and Jacob, I don't think Klaatu would just throw them "under the bus" so to speak. Once he saved humanity, he wouldn't go back on his word. I like how he cares for them, but more so, the planet.
RiffRaffMeehle chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
I liked this story. It reminds me of how nature always balances itself out. it is sad... but beautiful at the same time.
K chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
I like your ideas, and your a good writer, but Helen is a bit out of character...she seems a bit selfish...but good job anyways!