Reviews for Gra Mathar
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
I love Kate. She must be a hell of a woman if she managed to raise Seamus into the wonderful man he is. She did something right.

He was the sweetest little kid.

It's good that it wasn't a burglarar, because what Kate would've done would've been hard to explain to the cops..

And in the end, I love how she slapped him. Because even though she loves him more than anything else, she's honest and realistic. He hurt her, he hurt a lot of people, and he just left. She's still there for him, but in exactly the way he needs her.
xnikininja chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
i love this so much, little seamus is so cute. haha :)
sagebrushandthistle chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
I love these snapshots.

I especially love the sentence, "Seamus was standing on the kitchen counter, the cupboard doors open, and a heavy brass ladle already in his hand, ready to throw after the spoon he had already launched, and the look of abject shock on his small, round face had to be a perfect mirror of her own as each recognized the other as the one they had assaulted." It makes me ridiculously happy for whatever reason. I remember I used to send my little brother up to my mom's room when she woke up when we were making her breakfast for mother's day, and when he was little he'd tell her that the stairs had collapsed, and that was why she wasn't allowed to go down to the kitchen.

Little Seamus is adorable. _
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
Awe that is so sweet I love Seamus' character so very very much :D
Froddopsycho chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
It never fails. I get to the end of one of your stories and I'm bawling. *shakes head* I don't know how you do it. You have a real talent.
ApplePie777 chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
That was wonderful. I'm so glad that the darkness in Seamus was sorta gone by the end. :)

*Pie to the izzle*
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
A nice little fic, keep writing
SWaddict1986 chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
"If whoever it was had woken him…the boy was fearless, and even at six, she knew he wouldn’t hesitate to confront even the most heavily-armed robber. But he was never subtle, the walls between their rooms were thin, and she could hear not so much as a rustle of sheets from his room."

haha, that doesn't surprise me. I love how you mention he's not subtle - most 6-year-olds aren't anyway, but still... ;)

"Seamus was standing on the kitchen counter, the cupboard doors open, and a heavy brass ladle already in his hand, ready to throw after the spoon he had already launched, and the look of abject shock on his small, round face had to be a perfect mirror of her own as each recognized the other as the one they had assaulted. He let the ladle drop, frowning at her as if she had no business being in her own house. “Mam?”"

*giggles* That last bit...so Seamus

"Seamus hopped down at once, scampering over to plant both hands firmly in her stomach as he attempted to push her back out of the kitchen. “Go on, Mam, makin’ breakfast for ya! Issa ‘sprise!”"

He is so cute!

"“All right, all right, I’ll go…but goodness knows, breakfast in bed weren’t nothin’ I were expectin’! What’s the occasion?”

He stopped pushing, and his too-often-pale cheeks were rosy from the morning’s exertions, his eyes shining as he beamed a grin at her that was all the more endearing for being missing all of the front teeth. “’Cause you’re me Mam.”"

Aw *hugs little Seamus tight*

"“Knew I’d be here, did ya! Take me for feckin’ granted much? Knew I’d be here after all ya…after the years…after ya…OH! I could…I can’t…how feckin’ dare ya think I’d be here when ya…ya turned…ya killed…ya left….”"

Heh oh it is so Kate

That was beautiful.
EasyButton chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Aw...Seamus is very sweet, when he wants to be. Once again, you've captured him perfectly. Both scenes were so...him, something that I can easily see him doing. The first scene made me laugh, because it brings up memories of my sister and I, and our many years of early morning well-meaning adventures in the kitchen. Though, I have a feeling that Seamus's Mum had a bit more to deal with than a peanut butter sandwitch in the toaster! Kate Finnigan is a very brave woman.
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Excellent. Sad and painful, but wonderful all the same. Thank you for writing. x