Reviews for The Lay of a Broken Winged Sparrow
The Flying Frog chapter 14 . 7/5
I've been rereading this for the third time, and for some reason, something that ought to have stood out the first time is only now resonating with me.

Captain Esrick Blood-Hunter and his apparent grudge against Jaya.

Is he a side-character who'll be making waves later in the story, or is he a plot device meant to help us get to know Beltaine better as he seeks to woo Jaya?

Here's hoping to a speedy update.
Musica chapter 25 . 4/5
First and foremost, I wish to open with a heartfelt: Welcome back, friend.

Secondly, this update came at a much needed point in my life, a bright point in a fairly stressful time, so I thank you deeply from the bottom of my heart for the reprieve. I took my time in reading your latest chapters, then rereading the whole of The Lay from start to finish that I might regain everything that is Jaya and her plight.

This chapter took a turn I don't think any of us were expecting. My friends and I are turning it over in our heads, trying to figure how Jaya can proceed when her aether is so notably different and detectable. I greatly enjoy how you are turning their relationship, that Jaya's descriptions of Oros have shifted more consistently to hint at future closeness. I am quite intrigued as to what these chapters would be like from his perspective; Truth be told, there are several characters that I am quite curious after. Perhaps, when all is said and done and the Lay complete, I will ask after them, to see what compelled them during this story. My heart goes out to Jareth and Vee, and moreso yet to Jaya for all the turmoil she has yet to suffer. I have so many questions waiting for answers and many points of your story I am holding close as I wonder after foreshadowing, but I will keep them to myself for now.

From all of us. Thank you for continuing the story. You drive me to pick up my own writing once more, and I understand a bit better of how you must feel with such strong players as Jaya, Oros, and Raum. Write as the characters compel you - I am content to wait as long as it takes for the story to shape itself.

Faithfully yours,
evilpinkpen chapter 25 . 4/3
I was sure that I had reviewed this update when I first read it, but apparently I was too overcome by sheer *squee!* to recall that duty. So, yes. Reviewing as so very richly deserved!

I love this story. LOVE it. It is quite possibly my go-to high fantasy fix, and I am including both published work and fic in that competition. I reread it at least twice a year and was never more than slightly saddened by its semi-abandoned state, because it has So Damned Much to offer as imagination food, in pure richness, texture, and implication, even as it is.

Still, my adoration is somewhat baffling to me, as I generally don't go for that particular brand of nearly traumatic romance in which two excessively strong-willed protagonists want absolutely anything *except* to fall for each other and therefore spend endless chapters engaging in nearly violent mutual denial. But. Oh, but. Somehow, Oros and Jaya Do It For Me. Like, hardcore. It's embarrassing how much I love these two and how hard I'm rooting for them. (And for the rest of the Furiae! Awesome characters are awesome, yo.)

Anyway. Ahem. Love your fic, and am Very Happy to see an update. Thanks for feeding the fan monster!
MystiFayD chapter 25 . 3/31
Oh my god oh my god I don't even believe it yet THERE'S A NEW CHAPTER 3 I just randomly thought I should check whether there was an update because you said you were going to finish this story but I didn't really expect there to be one BUT there is! Now I will reread the whole story first I'M SO HAPPY about this 3 thank you, just.. thank you.
Lilly Kim chapter 25 . 3/29
I just can't *fucking* believe you finally updated this! So I was in the middle of my extra studies in an unbearably hot Sunday when the email notification popped, alerting me to this truly marvelous update 3 I literally screeched with joy (and that got my brother kinda worried about me - I'm not an outspoken person at all, mind you). I'm so happy I don't think I have words to define... In short, "lovely" is all that comes to mind. Your writing is even better than before, the dialogue is wonderful and OMG! IS THAT A SMILING OROS? 333333 I love love love where the story is leading us to! I can't wait for more of it. And if you ever decide to drop it (Aion forbid you from doing that, but if it happens...) please, you've got to tell us what was supposed to happen because I can't die without knowing _'''
FYI, me myself would be happy with any sort of update, even if it was half a scene ) So don't bother with the length of the chapter, just keep them coming!
Karano chapter 25 . 3/29
*tear rolls down on cheek*
You updated. It's been what, 2 years? BUT YOU DID. Oh my god I am so happy this is still ongoing. I had long since abandoned the mere thought this might be ongoing. But you, you beautiful being...
Ah, yes, freakish Heiron. It's nice when you're high leveled and animals don't attack you...but I cannot imagine having to actually pass through that jungle. That boss...I am right now thinking about who might that be, eh I'll look for him next time I get there.
The last lines, with the "thank you" and "you're welcome", somehow carried so much emotion in them, I had to pause for a few seconds and just let the words sink in. Your ability to write in such a lyrical way is, unsurprisingly enough, still grade A.
I'll head to your tumblr now Thank you for staying alive as the personification of our hopes and dreams regarding the otherworldly realm known as Aion:TOE.
You give us the strength to keep going. Thank you for your chapter. DOn't think for a second we don't prize it highly.
Good luck at writing, dear lady. May Aion watch over you.
MinniMuffin chapter 25 . 3/29
I was so happy when I received the notification for an update to the lay! This story is amazing and seeing it being continued aaaah 33

I spend the whole last night rereading and falling in love with the characters and your writing all over again.
Kakashiz chapter 25 . 3/28
It's been what, 2 and a half years? xD lets just say it was worth the wait. Really dying to know how it ends, with a fantastic plot comes a fantastic cliffhanger xD interesting to be reading this through Jaya's eyes when we've had a sneak peek through Oros's :P Keep going! I'll wait another year if I have to (although I hope I won't xD)
shom chapter 25 . 3/28
Thank you for your update! I am sooo happy and hope you will continue this wonderful story! I read this series so long back and still remember it.
allyskay chapter 25 . 3/28
Thank you so much for this update! Quite literally a new chapter has begun for Kit and Oros and I'm excited where this will lead. I hope another chapter is on it's way :)
TalosX10 chapter 25 . 3/28
I'm glad you're writing again. I first read The Lay over a year and a half ago, and I've read through it 3 times in all. It's a rather enjoyable story, and I'd really like to see it continued.
The Flying Frog chapter 25 . 3/28
Thanks for updating this. I had just fallen out of Aion's groove when low and behold, this updates and reignited it.

Strange right?
Quna chapter 25 . 3/28
Oooooh yeah! The New chapter! I've lived to see this day! *wipes off the happy tears*
Okay, so it is relatively short compared to most of the other chapters, but "I love it! It's something! Not like that nothing down there!" - A quote from a videogames franchise you MUST check out sometime.
I'm not sure if it's just my impression, but it feels like Oros has moved quite far away from his jerk version in Sanctum (which I love, by the way) and I don't know... has become more boyish? I mentally blame (blame is not the word I'm looking for, really) it on "just got out of a very dire situation" kind of experience.
Looking forward to seeing where it leads :)
umm... Write more please! :D
017Bluefield chapter 25 . 3/28
Yes, yes it has. I'm glad to see that you haven't abandoned this story. :)

So not only do we get to see many things happen to and between Jaya and Oros, but also with the fanfic and its author. I'm excited for what the future holds for this story.

Keep it up. :)
Maho Kijutsu chapter 25 . 3/27
I'm so happy. Your fic is awsome! thx !