Reviews for The Graduation Class
Madjedjjlill chapter 28 . 6/2
just finished reading the completed rewrite and it's even better then the first time. Your stories are filled with so much detail and characters that are so full of life. another great read. Now I have to go see what else you've updated
A.A. Pessimal chapter 1 . 1/31
Thnks everyone! Now moved to revisit one of my older tales, after seeing new reviews. I see the revision process isn't done yet - lots of typos, that annoying FF thing tht chops out whole sentences at random, and little slips that need attention, and some bits where it doesn't fit the flow of the later Assassin stories. It also needs tighter slotting into Canon, as one of the parellel stories straddles "Men At Arms" and the changeover of Guild management from Cruces to Downey. I loved the comment below about this begging to set up a sequel about Lucinda's adventures in Howondaland... it took a few years but this has since been written. I had no plans for it at the time. and as one reviewer pointed out, I need to clear up what really happened between Alice and Johanna when they got drunk at the Graduation Ball. And, in the later parellel story, fit in more of the women teachers who arrived later 9but hadn't been "born" in my head at the time i wrote this). some awkward transitions between present and past tense in various chapters, too: this needs looking at. And maybe new material!
KsandraMallan chapter 3 . 1/28
I LOVED that Roald Dahl story. Chuffed to bits to have it called back here. Loving the fic so far! :)
hankbernathmsn chapter 26 . 3/13/2014
pls check "Joshua N'Kromo." or "joshua Nkomo" ?
hankbernathmsn chapter 15 . 3/6/2014
'...soon silenced by an application of spiral stairway beneath..." some word or words are missing in this phrase
Burn Note chapter 15 . 11/8/2013
On Graumunchen's dialoge: It should be :"Alles in Ordung", you wrote ordning, which is a typo.
Then later "Sehr gut, alles in Befehl", were it should be 'Ordnung' again, otherwise he's saying "very well, everything in command" which doesn't make much sense. Finally, it should be "Fahren Sie fort", otherwise it reads like "please go up" instead of "please go on". Also note the capitalisation on 'Sie'.

So, after I finished nitpicking, I gotta say I really like the story so far. I'm kinda surprised it hasn't got more views.

Cheers
GuesssWho chapter 23 . 10/15/2012
Love the SotL references there.
GuesssWho chapter 20 . 10/15/2012
I love the rat conversation.
Vaneria Potter chapter 4 . 9/15/2012
Although getting a rental of any kind from Hertz could be considered very like murder, especially at ten pm after a fourteen-hour flight.
Wandering Zephyr chapter 15 . 5/13/2012
Vectoring them through Vimes' garden? With all the traps and whatnot he's set up in there? That is *cruel*! But yes, as close to a "live fire" exercise as is possible to get, so it serves its purpose.

Best chapter so far in my opinion! It's also an interesting approach alternating current and flashback chapters, one that makes a nice change in my opinion. Humour seems a little more in the background this time round, but considering the subjects...
Wandering Zephyr chapter 6 . 5/11/2012
...Sugar? I almost think Cruces was lying! Considering his actions in "Men at Arms" (gonne or not), I wouldn't put it past him...
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 28 . 8/27/2011
Ah, interesting. You might want to read the song of the lioness quadrilogy for a similar story (the deception being successful).
Freyalyn chapter 28 . 8/24/2011
And I think we all know who you mean by 'the other'. Thank you for sharing this with us, though it must be a bit of a downer having to plan to rewrite some of this.
cklammer chapter 27 . 8/30/2009
All in all a very enjoyable read. Everything just "feels" right and "in line" with TP's work - great stuff.

Only I have got two beefs with the tale:

* About half passages in german language in chapter 9 (or so) are wrong and/or do not make sense. As a german native I'd like to offer my help to you.

* One I really felt uncomfortable with was the Zulu names chosen for the Kwa'Zulu characters: it is pretty obvious that they are not real but chosen in order to "have a laugh". The Boor and Howandalandian-Morpokian names are on the other hand real English and Dutch names. Maybe I am to sensitive but this difference in naming the beforementioned strikes me as inherently racist. Let me make it clear: I am not saying that you did that on purpose but I am saying that I feel that this is a mistake on your part.
fledge chapter 26 . 7/2/2009
A very thorough description of military history. You certainly know your stuff. And so it's GENERAL Perks already, is it? How far up the ladder has Mal climbed in the meantime?

So finally Jocasta is (back) in the capable hands of her (not so) old teacher - a nice development indeed.

Off the topic, but I'd like to remind you: You still owe us all the story of that less than intelligent student assassin who wanted to inhume a tribe of pictsies...