Reviews for Resonance Chapter 23 & A Half, Getting Detention
So cute
ChrisUSA chapter 1 . 2/6/2017
Excellent
hypnoticageregression chapter 1 . 5/5/2016
Wow, this was so sad in the middle! It really got me down! But a beautiful scene and I'm glad I read it.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/20/2016
Harry will hold Snape "to that."
jadzia66 chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
Oh Severus, don't you know that nobody ever outgrown there need for a father, no matter how old they are? I'm 43 and both my parents are deceased yet I have never outgrown my need for them...
fiddlerdog chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
Beautifully written.
Anne Squires chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this.
duj chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Harry was very silly and his so-called friends were very disloyal. They should have spoken up as soon as Harry got detention, not waited to see how bad it was or long it would last. For that matter, tricking him into being part of a stupid "prank" that he'd never have done himself was using him in the first place. He should be angry with them, not with Snape, and the answer I would have given to "Loyalty means that little to you?" would have been that clearly loyalty means that little to them or they wouldn't have let him be the scapegoat. He *shouldn't* let himself be used and abused. It's a very unhealthy habit.

It would be different if he was one of the principals. If he was one of the originators then shielding the rest by taking all the blame when fingered would have been fair enough. But when the loyalty is not reciprocal, when the principals allow one of the outliers to take their place, then he's just being a patsy, not a friend.

I thought McG's attitude was too blase. If Dumbledore ran a hellhole of a place where kids' lives were not infrequently on the line, that's all the more reason to come down heavily on students trying to continue the practice of endangerment after his departure. They need the reminder that it's not OK. Perhaps, rather than letting Harry off, she should have threatened to extend punishment to the entire Gryffindor house, since the only students we see Harry interact with are Gryffindors, and it obviously wasn't a one-person she should have taken responsibility for the punishments in the first place, rather than leaving it to Snape.

Harry deserved the detentions, anyway. He may not have known what was being planned, but he knew he was doing wrong in passing on that information. I really wanted someone to tell him so, but no one in that school has the sense they were born with.
jules3677 chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
This was a very good addendum to Resonance. It convey Harry's emotions well over the loss of Dumbledore & his need for stability. Well written!
Blueberry Babe chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
Nice thanks..
ILoveLuna chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
I love this story I saved as a PDF thanks for posting and i can't wait to read the sequel.
craizypet chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
i like it. honestly, i love it when harry has little angst at snape, lol, it makes me laugh as i try to imagine his expression with harry having a go at him!
Cubdom chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
I've been re-reading Resonance, my favorite fan fiction, and stumbled across this gem on your page. Excellent chapter. I think you can tell that the chapter wasn't written organically with the rest of the story, so I'm glad you've kept it separate, but it makes for a wonderful "spin-off" lost moment in the resonance universe. Thanks as always for writing.
atymer chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Great imagery brings the location to life. Harry's stumbling efforts to cope and remain independent clash with his longing and fear of having someone and losing them.

The author paints well.