Reviews for On the Outskirts of Ithaca: Outtakes from IiG
star574 chapter 2 . 7/24/2010
Bella asking the family to vote was one of my favorite things she did. :)
star574 chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I can see why you needed to write this for yourself. Thanks for posting it for us!
MyPenNameIs chapter 2 . 5/25/2010
amazing as always! i loved reading it!
AngelaofAlagaesia chapter 2 . 4/13/2010
I've read a few versions of this scene an I really loved this one. Thank you so much for the attention to detail that you've worn in and out of the story - especially your ability to create new objects and NOT just let them fall away but make them a vital part of the story.
AngelaofAlagaesia chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
So now you know I am up to here in reading. "Ithaca" is my gift to myself read as I am doing work, so it is always open on my desktop and I love that. I love outtakes for the very reason that you wrote this one, to give us a little more about what the character was thinking and what you were thinking too. It is so much more pitiful to see these thoughts through Carlisle's mind, he is Edward's father, and Edward's separation is taking such a toll on him. What is truly beautiful, here, and throughout the story, is the way that you write their sorrow. The grief that they desire to express in human terms is written with such tenderness and respect for their nature.
jenward chapter 2 . 1/15/2010
"She was putting it to a vote.

Shit."

Thank you, that was perfection.
JoanB102001 chapter 2 . 1/13/2010
THAT was MOST EXCELLENT to read! There is so much in the books, that I want to hear from EPOV, and this was a real treat. Although it may not be SM, still I can't imagine her veering too far off from your course. And it fits in so well with the story, flawlessly. Brilliant!
Simaril chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
That was lovely. I was dissapointed to find this missing from the full Ithaca story and was delighted to find this here. I really enjoy getting a glimpse into Carlisle's mind. Thank you for your work.
Podge chapter 2 . 12/8/2009
That was great!
ravenstreak chapter 2 . 12/5/2009
List Time!

- “Just so we’re clear, my hiding with you does not constitute my approval of your being here against Charlie’s wishes.” This line almost seems a little tongue-in-cheek. Maybe more of a “do as I say, not as I do” moment. Just the idea of both Edward and Carlisle, technically, being delinquents together is hilarious. It’s also a nice, small clue that their relationship is well on its way to being mended.

- I don’t know how I feel about Edward ignoring Carlisle’s heartbreak (“He’s real. He’s still here”). It seems incredibly selfish. I know he just went through hell and whatnot, but still. The relationship still seems to be uneven. Edward is sharing his pain, but Carlisle is not (nor do I believe that he has the chance to). I know that this is how a lot of parental relationships are, but I’ve always thought that Edward and Carlisle’s relationship was a little more balanced.

- I really like the paragraph that begins with “She might simply have shoved a broadsword through my middle” since it’s a nice chunk of what Edward is thinking. Edward’s thoughts in “New Moon” always seemed to come out of nowhere. It’s nice to see them have a through-line that actually makes sense.

- I think the main thing about I got out of this chapter is that it’s nice to see Edward’s thoughts and how he reacts to Bella’s words and body. We all know the perspective from Bella so combining them feels like a whole picture.

- The full circle of “Please don’t” is a pleasant detail.

- Love this: ‘“That would be”—the worst kind of pain imaginable; the end of my world—“quite fair.”’ I snickered.

- Enjoy the medical description of the heart. I feel like it’s another connection between Edward and Carlisle that maybe Edward doesn’t see for himself.

- Cute way to end the “chapter.” Okay, off to review the official chapter.
KrisBCullen chapter 2 . 11/26/2009
Fabulous! Just fabulous! He is very likely one of the least astute characters, imbued with perfection through Bella's eyes. I love how you've managed to capture all of his indecisions, all of his wrong assumptions, and all of his chivalry. In so many ways, he is still a teenager, but in others, he's an old soul. Seeing him with Carlisle, and then his thoughts as he realizes that Bella thinks she's dreaming, beautifully illustrates how little he yet knows the depths of Bella's love for him.

OK - I'll go back to Chapter 18 now. Thanks!
WD-Den-Mum chapter 2 . 11/26/2009
You'll have to forgive me, I'm in a turkey and mashed potatoes coma, this isn't going to be a great review, but I have to leave you some love.

Loved this. Loved the dialogue from the book, but then you'd add a quick bit of Edward's thoughts too. And I don't know why, but I love Edward's "shit" at the end here. It's just, well, in the book and certainly the way he's played in the movie, he's SO proper, it's nice to see him have a normal reaction to something.
Bella's New Moon chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
I was completely preoccupied with trying to remember what Esme's husband did to her? Maybe a recap?
AnjieNet chapter 2 . 11/25/2009
Thank you so much for posting this as an outtake. It’s always a treat to get more EPOV.

I enjoyed the boys hanging on the windowsill, Carlisle still not approving of Edward’s constant presence in Bella’s room without Charlie’s permission. And then him asking if Edward would be okay if he left. Such fatherly responses that endears Carlisle to my heart even further.

“something which I couldn’t quite put my finger on seemed to have irrevocably changed between us.” Initially this line made me sad but upon further reflection though, of course, with all that they’ve gone through the past six months their relationship has changed, I can’t help but think that in the end it’s for the better. I think they both have a better understanding of the other through all of this and that it will strengthen the relationship more than ever before.

My favorite part of this was Edward’s realization of the parallel between Bella telling him “Please don’t” and his words “Don’t” to Carlisle just hours before. Knowing the hurt he was now feeling was the same as what he’d put on his father.

Yep, I think “Shit” sums it up perfectly. Hee hee. Why is is so fun to hear Edward curse? :)
deesirius chapter 2 . 11/25/2009
I'm gonna make it short since I'm doing this from my blackberry, loved it! Great chapter its so weird to see everybody different tak on edwards pov! Off to read the next one asap!
78 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »