Reviews for Being There
mebfeath chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Aww, he's so cute. I know that most men hate it when women cry because they can't fix the problem and they just don't know how to make it stop (!), but I can imagine that it would be ridiculously hard to watch someone like Amanda Tapping - who always seems so happy and bubbly and vivacious - cry. Ugh. And we all know Jack can't handle it when Sam cries. :D
Katetanic chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Awwwwww. Great ficlet.

And thanks for the tidbit from Amanda. That's so sweet. Awww! *hugs them both*

I would have lost it if I had been there to see any part of that storyline filmed.

And if I had a hand in it, it would have ended much better than them on the dock fishing. LOL
Goomba chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
I think there's a bit in the middle when Jack starts calling Carter 'Sam' that things seem to get a little confusing... when he is saying he doens't want to be "that guy" but I don't think I am thinking the same that guy as you are thinking; and then to have hime kiss her in the end... well it just confuses me. And I think it could be even better if you didn't actually use "Sam" as much as you do. There is no one else he could be talking to so just eliminate the name altogether and it's actually more passionate (I think.) Don't get me wrong I LOVED the part when O'Neill turns and 'gently' closed and locks the door (WOW that couldn't have been better), and to have them kiss at all is always nice - but this is not the time (possibly not the place...)

Thanks, Jen
hifield chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
This was really good - love the build up - you do such a wonderful job with these two - thanks for giving us so many wonderful stories.
Kpasa chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Excellent story- I am so happy you wrote that crying bit in the afterward, that just makes me love Stargate that much more
Danae Dixon chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
"It might kill me, but you have it." Oh, my! I completely love this, it is so very believable, and yet exactly the kind of satisfying angst that would never be portrayed on the show... Really, really great! Many thanks.
tajmahal07 chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
This was so wonderful to read! I was looking for a really well written, realistic J/S story and you captured their relationship so beautifully! I cannot wait to read the sequel! Thank you so much for sharing this! :)
Natters chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
aw. heart wrenching
Anakin David chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Wonderfully written, you caught the tension of the scene extremely well and the characterization is just perfect!

Thanks!
Ellie 5192 chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
Thank you. A great little filler for an awesome scene!

And thanks you, too, for the explanation of the "don't cry" thing- that's so cute!
steadfast chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
Loved it!
Zoser chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
very good but sad.
sg-1fanintn chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Bravo! Every nuance, every word...perfect! You did a great job on this, Pol!

Now...write me another chapter with a happy ending... * wink *
Ravinia chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
ah... very true to character. Now why couldn't the writers get it like you have?

Regarding "don't cry" - Amanda has also said (in an interview or commentary, sorry I don't remember where) that during the filming of "Point of View" when alt-Sam is crying in the guest quarters, Amanda was really getting into it even when the camera was on Rick and not her. Rick kept telling her to stop crying, "you know it makes me crazy when you cry." or something like that.
dp chapter 1 . 5/12/2009