Reviews for As Good as It Gets
GrissLittleGirl chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
You became my favorite Bones' writer.

Beautiful angst story, very touching.

But I want more! Can it be more than an one shot?
MadeOfStars chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
So this is good, even if it is AU now after the finale. I could imagine it going this way, Brennan's rationality being overcome by her emotions. I also believe that most people let life support linger because of desperate hope and that once you start down that path it is hard to say when enough is enough. Once the patient is stable, there is no impetus to terminate support, nothing big enough to give up hope so people adjust to that life instead. (I once worked in a hospital, so I have gotten to see some of this in action.)
wishbones chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Wow, so powerful. Please continue. I'd like to see what would happen at the end of those 6 months. Good work.
KJFlygirl87 chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Great job! As sad as it was, you did a great job.
crazycamera chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
aw
csimesser1 chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
that was good loved it
Lilas chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Wow. That was incredibly powerful and very well written. The flashbacks were especially good, and you really feel for both Brennan and Jared. Stupid Booth for no leaving instructions. One would think as an FBI agent he'd be more prepared :-P. What are the chances of getting a sequel? *puppy dog eyes*
MatildaLee chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
That made my heart hurt. Very beautiful; I liked the flashbacks, especially.
Turbs chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
this is such a beautiful story! i am really curious how things will turn out the day after tomorrow in the season finale! :)
Negative Space Squint chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Despite my dislike of the Fray, I clicked on this and I am SO glad I did! It's beautifulyl written and I wish you would continue it.. maybe with some Booth? Pretty please? :D
boothandbones4ever chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
that was beautiful i actually cried only a little though

please write more its so good
bb-4ever chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
great shot. bones will never give up on him, will 6 months be enough? look forward to more from you
HawkAngel XD chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
how sad... but great work!

HawkAngel
Robert Modean chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Powerful, powerful stuff. I love a good angst fic, one that can make even my eyes water a tad (I didn’t cry, nope, I just got something in my eyes dammit!). Angst is powerful and, when well done, can be as cathartic and moving as the real thing, evocative of pain long passed. Better, in many ways, than the fluff we shippers so often crave. You give good angst.

The whole of this was so touching, and telling, and true to Brennan's character. When you wrote:

**Brennan knew the odds were slim, knew that rationally the doctors were probably right. But she also knew Booth. Time and time again he had proven her wrong, laughed in the face of statistics and done what the odds never could have predicted.**

To paraphrase Hodgins, what she has is faith. Brennan may not be religious, she may express her doubts about the intangible elements of life or the vagaries of others beliefs, but she knows Booth. She knows the man and she’s come to expect the unexpected, to anticipate his surprising strength, to believe in his ability to overcome all odds. She has faith in Booth.

This whole fic was fantastic, from the dreamlike beginning to the figure of a resolute and unyielding Brennan at the end. It was a beautiful, poignant, heart rending dose of angst, and I loved it even as it tore at my heart strings, snapping them like frayed threads. Like I said, you give good angst.
Squillyfer chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
aww, that was one of the best things I've read in ages and certainly the best post-ep for CitC I've read. No one has really dared to explore the negative possiblilities of the surgery and you did it brilliantly :)

Squillyfer X