Reviews for The Things He Sees
Minecraft Guardiansaiyan chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Really heart felt! _
Shu of the Wind chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Bones is probably my favorite character, and you've nailed him. Thanks so much for posting this online.
Hecate's Wrath chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Mh, I like this. McCoy's not my favorite character, but you handle it brilliantly. What little I know of the ST universe, it feels like you have McCoy's voice just right and I'm really very jealous.

This is really incredible, Suzanne-I love the repetition of everything he's seen, and getting to see the movie through his eyes was fabulous.

Excellent job. Thanks for sharing! :)
Idhren chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
"Yet all experience is an arch wherethro'

Gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades

For ever and forever when I move [...]"

Thank you for this gift of a ficlet.
redwingsgirl514 chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
Oh, love it! Nice to get some back story to McCoy. :)
JJ Rust chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Great story! Props to you for venturing outside of HP and crafting an awesome Trek story from McCoy's POV. And you nailed Bones' personality. From his gruffness to his desire to save people. The two best scenes . . .

Bones comforting Chekov. It shows there is a bit of a warmer side to Bones, and given the profession he's in, he is the logical choice to comfort Chekov when it comes to losing people.

Bones and Scotty. Hysterical! Especially with Scotty asking where the entertainment was.

A couple typos I caught: "You always this and that" should be "You're always this and that"

"were up too" should be "were up to"

Big thumbs up on this one. Keep 'em coming. And as you can imagine, I totally enjoyed Star Trek. Half the theater applauded when the movie ended.
aXforamnesty chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
what a beautifully written piece! props for sure! you nailed the characterizations!
liederlady221b chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
I have to agree with you about Karl Urban. The man has done MORE than due justice to McCoy ... and DeForest Kelley's memory.

I love your well-chosen vignettes and your McCoy voice is superb! And a special thanks for the scene between Bones & Chekov. A kid that young WOULD be blaming himself for "losing" Amanda. Although I still have major problems with him being that young-like he enters the Academy at 13 or 14? Uh-huh.

Regardless. Great fic. Hope to see more from you.
Jan chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
I loved Bone's interaction with the crew, especially Chekov.

FWI, Bone's ex wife is Joycelyn (not sure of the spelling)and his daughter is Joanna.

I threw me to see them called Nancy and Elizabeth.

But then, in the series, Jim's older brother was named Sam and in the movie was George.
mrneb chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Nice story! Very well done POV.
Steeldust-01 chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Great work!

You have to write more of Bones :)

It is really a good insight in his character.
Keita chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Superb! Captured his character so exactly! Oh Bones...
MizC chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
haha I loved this! From the first second McCoy came on screen I fell in love (although I've been in love with Karl Urban since.. um.. Xena? lol.) I loved Bones's backstory!

I love how you hit on some critical scenes (and not so critical scenes) in the movie... character exploration is great because you get to see what they're thinking..

Only one little nitpicky thing (maybe 2) Chekov came aboard the Enterprise as an Ensign in the movie (he's already in yellow when they're taking off) so "Oh! Y-yes, um… En-Ensign, I think, now, er… Pavel Chekov, sir.” isn't necessary.

Also, its Spock that 'promotes' McCoy to Chief Medical Officer, not Pike.

Keep writing!
BeshterAngelus chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
I love how you get McCoy. Truly one of my favorite characters in the original series.
lilyoftheval5 chapter 1 . 5/12/2009