Reviews for The truth behind the smile
Cheese Maiden chapter 25 . 12/14/2013
Wonderful story. I stayed up all night reading it. It was bittersweet how Gin and Rangiku story ended. I am glad the mostly everyone loves the kids, and their parents got to see them before they died. I feel bad for Kira from what Nanao did to him
shadegrown7 chapter 25 . 6/25/2013
Wow this story. Hauntingly beautiful and I really enjoyed reading it in a masochistic way. Thanks for sharing this fic with us and I must say in addition to GinRan parts, I really loved the way you wrote Gin and Kira's relationship.
Darksknight chapter 25 . 3/13/2013
Hauntingly beautiful. I'm so consumed in my own grief at this moment that I cannot think to tell you anything more than what an incredible story it is. Thank you for this. Thank you.
still crying chapter 25 . 1/6/2013
I think I prefer the real death for Gin, your one is so much sadder and still beautiful at the same time. This is a wonderful story, thank you for sharing it with us.
Guest chapter 25 . 10/28/2012
this has got to be my fav fanfic ever! i have read it god knows how many times and i still cry my eyes out so much it hurts.
beth988 chapter 24 . 8/15/2012
the detail of the ash cat and silver fox is heart wrenching. it makes everything not shallow as some stories are. although in no way is your story shallow-too much thought, emotion goes into it and the build up isn't rushed. the story is definitely a tragedy. well rounded characters, much depth.
whatthedickens chapter 25 . 8/12/2012
It wasn't perfect but it was... just right. You managed to make me tear up right at the end. GinRan is my otp and you... you, my friend, you have done things I can't put into words. Well done!
Say-theLastWord chapter 25 . 7/24/2012
I hate you. I hate this story. And as much as I hated the ending Tite Kubo gave for Gin, I hate this even more. You are a complete and utter jerk, genius, and master.
Ichimaru Gin is my all-time favorite Bleach character. Ever. His relationship with Rangiku was one of the things that intrigued me the most about the series, and I wanted to scream when he died. Come to think of it... I actually did.
Anyways, this story was achingly sad and beautiful. I hated and loved every second of it. Hated it for the sadness it made me feel, and loved it for the way it was written and the storyline. It was amazing to see what could have been and yet what could never have been. I love the way you wrote each of their characters, even if it didn't quite match up with Kubo's depiction of them at the end.
I can't say much more except for the fact that it made me choke up at several parts. Not cry, mind you, but choke up. Sometimes, tears that don't come out mean more than those that do.
Sigh. Typing this makes me wonder what would have happened if I didn't click on this story. I probably wouldn't have felt so melancholy as I do now. But what's done is done, and everything happens for a reason, so I can't complain. Wonderful story. Thank you for writing it.
AnimaRossa chapter 25 . 6/29/2012
This... This is the best GinRan story I have read! It had me sob like a kid almost all along, and had these two not been my favorite characters, it would still had made me fall in love with them.

I love it, I can't explain all the things I feel and how perfect this story is, and reading your author notes, not once did I find a chapter too long. I almost want to know what happens after now.

Finally, I'd have a favor to ask. I first read this story in the Italian traduction someone made on this site, but as it wasn't complete, I had to find the original. I am in love with this, I just wanted to ask if I could maybe translate it in French to have more people read this awesome piece of art. :3 I do hope you see this review, and I sincerely admire your author skills. I think that's it...

Thank you for this story, really. 3
LovvGrimm chapter 19 . 1/21/2012
I cried so bad in this chapter! '[
L chapter 25 . 12/2/2011
.IT! I really do! I mean I'd cried so hard that I couldn't belive it, normally I'm that kind of cold person that almost never cries while are reading a history...

But that one was so sad! I guess I cried harder when I was reading what had happens to Kira, poor Izurun!

The way you portraied Hinamori, makes me feel so angry that I wished could slap her LOL Nanao too, but she was more... human?

Don't know, guess I just get her point (?)

Now between Gin and Rangiku, omg that just broke my heart in tiny pieces... but I love how you make it, you know I could actually see he doing what you wrote...

And I guess that your motivation just fits him much better than that one made by KT...

Loves little Shunsui an little Rangiku! They're so cute 3

Welll I don't know how it works in ff, and don't know if you'll actually read it, but I just wanna send a review, cause this fanfic made me spend my hole night reading it and just stopped when it's over XD

PS: Sorry for the bad English, I'm tired and never was good writing in the language!
Bard of Chaos chapter 25 . 11/2/2011
It's so beautiful! I'm crying my heart out right now and I love it! Because Gin needs a story. A good one. Gin was always one of those characters that you just couldn't help loving but didn't know why. You've done his character justice and I'm proud to put this on my favorites. Wonderful!
Icedragonshiki chapter 25 . 8/7/2011
that was magical

decided not to ramble on the last chapter, need to keep the good mood of little Shunsui and Kira
Icedragonshiki chapter 22 . 8/7/2011
yeah you really do like tormenting Kira, but I guess I can't complain since that is one of the aspects of this story that makes its amazing. And so terrible of both Soifon and especially Nanao for doing that to poor Izuru. Kira you are strong and the Sanbantai is lucky to have and your are perfect as its leader the whole marigold and despair suits you. Kira stay strong, your pain makes me more sad that Matsumoto's death... honestly and truthfully it does make me cry more than her death.
Icedragonshiki chapter 21 . 8/7/2011
so technically Hitsugaya is my favorite Bleach character all time no matter what but this chapter made me really reconsider that. Aw Kira poor Kira, Izuru if only I could dive into that story and comfort him and give him a hug and support that no one else seems to care. On to chapter 22 wow, now I am really mad that Kyoraku is intervening, god he has not right, and no one besides Kira and maybe Hinamori is thinking that they were Ichimaru's kids too as well as Matsumoto's. I also would like to say this story is soooo original but its so good and its nothing like some of the OOC stories that don't really stay true to the characters. Wow I am in Love with this story and again poor Izuru. He is a deppresing guy enough as it is without all this happening.