Reviews for Archaeology
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 30 . 7/20/2013
Another interesting storyline, to say the least.
If nothing else, there was something rather amusing in your take on Daniel ‘discovering’ puberty as he finds himself increasingly aware of Sam and Anise/Freya as women rather than colleagues, and later developments continue to impress as you explore issues that would have never come up in the series, such as the implications of Daniel’s ignorance of Earth politics or the consequences of Rothman’s death on the structure of the archaeological department.
The new take on Osiris was particularly well-handled, the ‘leeway’ Daniel was allowed in the series given his friendship with the team who discovered the jar lost and replaced by anger over the government stepping in wherever they wish- which feels more of an issue for him given his lack of home-grown ties to this government-, to say nothing of his youth affecting how everyone reacted to his first meeting with Chaka and coped with the aftermath (Although the outcome of the Enkaran situation certainly sucked, made even worse because it’s likely nobody will ever realise just how tragic that loss actually is…).
Very moving moment with Daniel’s conversation with the android Jack at the last- his moment with his ‘template’ in the series was effective, but it still lacked a certain something-, and the final confrontation with Apophis was excellent, providing his death with the personal touch it lacked in the series (Him dying because of the Replicators was dramatic, but there’s still something satisfying about his enemies getting the chance to really crush that bastard after everything he’s put them through).
As always, a good rewrite of the series that tweaks enough details to keep it fresh while also providing a unique perspective on some of the actions and developments of the primary characters; keep up the great work!
spikemyangel chapter 30 . 1/16/2011
i did not realize i was reading the last chapter of the fic until the page ended, hahaha. the ending was great, hilarious and cute, with mushy emotions that make me feel stuff. All is well in the mini daniel universe. still lots of evil out there, so i want to get to reading the next installment (omg, you are a writing machine).

i can't remember what takes place when in the show, so i'm always afraid that the bad stuff is coming and shit will hit the fan. but the great story makes me forget the bad stuff i know might be on the horizen. plus i have the hope you could make the bad stuff happy - the almighty power of the author. I'm not too too sad about Rothman, that had to happen. still a bit sad though. It feels like anytime Daniel gets put with another SG team, you might as well slap red shirts on them (yay star trek reference), and as bad as that sounds, i kinda love it _
spikemyangel chapter 18 . 1/13/2011
"Oh, no!"

"What happened?"

"I lost my page,"

"Are you kidding me?"

"No, I found it, it's okay,"

hahaha, that was great, i love Jacob.
spikemyangel chapter 6 . 1/12/2011
"Jack was convinced Teal'c used these meetings to practice the technique of kelno'reem with his eyes open." i know parroting lines is a horrible way to review, but that one seriously cracked me up.

and while i'm at it, Rothman's brought up the Goa'uld's origin before. Unas in the near future? i loved that episode (a kidnapped daniel, what more can one ask?), did not end to well for Rothman in canon though. it's one of the things that i've looked forward to seeing adapted for your story.
Toraus chapter 30 . 11/7/2010
Awesome story!
CindyLou13 chapter 30 . 11/24/2009
What a great story! It was so nice watching Daniel grow-up. Thank you for a few months of terrific reading. Anything else of yours that you would recommend I read? (I only read completed stories right now cause I can't keep up!)

Thanks so much for writing.

Amanda P chapter 30 . 9/19/2009
Lovely series, much enjoyed. I was hesitant at first with the AU, but it's well executed imh and true to the characters in their new circumstances. Nice balance of action, introspection and dialoge as well. Look forward to more when time permits for you.
Sci-Fi Fan chapter 30 . 7/14/2009
This was a wonderful book. Well written (as always) and great characters and relationships. The Jack O'Niell chapter was very poignant. A clever way for Jack and Daniel to talk about what their relationship means. Also it was a good entry to the topic of what makes us unique and human. I liked Daniel's definition that since the android could recall the early months, he "lived" them as well. Memories are an important part of what makes us who we are. I am looking forward to the stories to come. Thanks!
MegumiFuu chapter 30 . 7/12/2009
I stumbled across "Translations" a week ago and have been glued to your series since. You captured the voices of the characters so well it felt like I was watching an episode. Your Robert Rothman really came to life for me but all of the "minor" SG-1 characters were well developed. As for SG-1 themselves, you caught the team dynamic while adding your own twist. The friendship/familial bond between Teal'c and Daniel was beautiful; I've always felt that there needed to more interaction between these two characters.

When I began "Archaeology" yesterday, I was curious to see how far you would go into season 5. Having finished it, I am glad the events of "Meridian" were not touched; it feels as if the arc of the past four stories has been completed. However, I am curious to see how those events will be handled (if I am guessing the topic correctly :) ). I do not doubt that it will be executed beautifully, though.

I look forward to reading more of your works in the future. Great job!
Stargate Fan chapter 14 . 6/29/2009
I LOVE THIS: "For example," Jack said, "Major Carter is a physicist and a computer expert. Mr. Murray is a foreign liaison and strategic expert, and Mr. Jackson is a foreign liaison and language analyst."

"And you, Colonel?"

"I have the surprisingly rare talent of making all three of them listen to me at the same time," Jack said. "Most of the time. Well, some of the time. Honestly, it's a crapshoot, but-"
WhiteElfElder chapter 30 . 6/26/2009
This has been a great ride. It is nice that Daniel received some closure on things and that he has been able to more or less find his place. Dealing with a younger Daniel and still the normal aged team seems like quite the challenge...
WhiteElfElder chapter 29 . 6/26/2009 the group in for one heck of a debrief. I wonder what everyone will think of Daniel and Teal'c for the way Apophis was taken out.
WhiteElfElder chapter 28 . 6/26/2009
Yes...Apophis is dead. Poor Daniel having to shoot the host like that though.
Harm Marie chapter 30 . 6/25/2009
I loved their 'report' to the general. _
Procrastination Is My Game chapter 30 . 6/25/2009
Hey just wanted to let you know how I'm loving the young Daniel stories! If your next story is about what I think it is I really can't wait! I've been wondering about that since I started reading the series...

Looking forward to the next one! x x