Reviews for Shades of Violet
Wraith Five chapter 8 . 4/3/2014
That said, I thought this was EXCELLENTLY done. The entire concept of Mewtwo being... well... in that situation sounds way beyond plausible to me (hell, it seems very likely to me), and I thought you did an excellent job on the character interaction! I can't wait to read the sequel...

Well, I'm sure you've gotten a bunch of reviews asking this already, but is there any news on the sequel? I realize your profile says you won't post any new fics on FFN, but you kind of promised a sequel almost five years ago...

Wraith Five
MaiWishes chapter 8 . 12/8/2013
Realized why Sabrina was too much like a girl named Brenda in another 'Two fic I just read...same writer! Still good though, shame theres no sequel, just a few oneshots.
MaiWishes chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
Is this the Sabrina in the Haunter episode? I prefer Sabrina aloft, mature, and intelligent. This ones too sassy and immature.
darrelodin chapter 8 . 9/28/2013
Hmm. A nice little piece. Kinda wish I knew if this was before Sword and Shield, or if its in a different world.
Kinda chapter 8 . 1/1/2013
Great start! I would say awesome story, but the plot was only just getting good when it suddenly ended. :O After reading the final chapter's A/N, I relaxed-there's another story coming! YAY!

Then I saw the last update date...three years ago by April. BOO!

Have you given up on the Shades 'verse?

OH, SAY IT ISN'T SO!

Seriously, though. Your unique depiction of Mewtwo is my favorite so far-powerful, yet flawed. Many other fics make him into a Gary Stew of sorts. And the playful yet guarded "friendship" he shares with Sabrina is a refreshing deviation from the frequent romance conflicts. Add in your sassy writing style and talent for giving each character his own distinct voice, and you have the potential for an excellent sequel. Please bring it to life?

So many loose ends...however shall we tie them? :'(
Fire-Metal-Horse17 chapter 8 . 10/22/2010
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this fic and I got so caught up in it, that I didn't realise that I was reading the epilogue!

Please have a sequel up soon! I really do want Giovannl to get some form of come-uppance
TG101 chapter 8 . 9/26/2010
your writing stlye amuses me :D

I read this WHOLE Story today and LOved ot! It was unique and I couldn't pull away! Kudos to you!

Will there be another like it ? :o
themagebear chapter 8 . 8/28/2010
the magebear enjoys your writing style. will be reading more.
themagebear chapter 6 . 8/28/2010
sabrina? married? nuh uh.
themagebear chapter 3 . 8/28/2010
brilliant meeting of the minds. youve captured mewtwos character well, and youve created a believable persona for sabrina.
animeflunky chapter 8 . 6/25/2010
Interesting story. Really enjoyed it and I am looking forward to the continuation :)
WiseAbsol chapter 8 . 6/22/2010
(Grins.) The first scene had me laughing - oh, the tabloids! If they weren't so utterly insane, they'd be kinda loveable. Then you added the comment about how different League members handle the press, and Erika's served to make me snicker. Gotta love that flower girl!

And we get to meet Jamie...he's cute, but even with being a psychic, he seems way too normal for 'Rina! Don't mind me, though, my shipping preferences are automatically slanting my viewpoint on the matter, ;). You mentioned she knew him from when they were students, being sweethearts and such...which begs the question as to why Giovanni ever got a chance with her. I guess that will be elaborated on later, or at least mentioned in passing. Relationship troubles...?

Ah, and Mewtwo is being hunted...and is going to Saffron City. Cue my pleased smirk. As for the situation with Giovanni, Melchior, and Domino...well, I approve of the student defending Jamie, and Domino's inwardly snarky, exasperated thoughts on Giovanni's current schemes. That lovely girl really deserves more screen time in general - she could have been a fascinating villian to follow in the anime had she been given the chance. Alas, Pokemon did not follow in the footsteps of Digimon and really change out antagonists on occasion. Ah well...

I'm looking forward to the unexpected sequel of this fic! I suspect that one will end with the spa, but with you, Kaya, I never quite know.

Talk with you later, dear. Hope you have a good evening.

Sincerely,

Abby
WiseAbsol chapter 7 . 6/22/2010
Interesting chapter, beginning with a bit of a psyche-out with Sabrina battling her own team members for training. No enemy has attacked anyone...yet. Anyhow, that she explained and showed her view of the pokemon world to Mewtwo was, I daresay, to his benefit, as is clear from his willingness to visit her at her gym. When she departs, Mewtwo has at least gained a great deal from her tutorage, and can travel wherever he might wish. As he said, he has options now.

It's almost a shame he's being tracked/hunted by dark pokemon, who will no doubt rain on his mellow little parade. Ah well - guess we'll see where we go from here, eh?

Thanks for the nice read, Kaya. I hope you have a good evening.

Sincerely,

Abby
silver chapter 8 . 6/17/2010
An endearing read. Really uncommon to see Mewtwo form a relationship with a person. I'd always thought of them both as cold people. Or Pokemon. Anyway, glad to hear of a sequel (: Great job.
Forget4me chapter 8 . 5/5/2010
I like the story, but it doesn't hold the taste of a completed work to me. While you have admitted that there is a sequal in the future, you opened up the plot to the threat of Giovanni extremely early in the story and left it hanging there, giving the reader the feeling that it was supposed to be in the story only for you to reveal it is actually in a later date. I realize that you mainly wanted Mewtwo's trainig as a psychic to be covered in this story, it would have been nice to just make a new chapter to this story instead of creating a new one altogether.