Reviews for Son of a Preacher Man
2old4fanfic chapter 8 . 8/31/2014
You've probably heard this before, but the Magnum, Magnum, Magnum thing was hysterical
kalizivis chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
This is an excellent story. Not your typical exb.
karencullen2007 chapter 29 . 5/31/2014
Wow Jasper really grew up. Man I had no idea what kind if story this would be. But I' I took the chance to read. Great story.
karencullen2007 chapter 21 . 5/31/2014
I have to say this part here:

"I'm not worried about them. To be honest, I'm just going to have a hard time not thinking about that kiss." I added, wrapping both my hands gently around her neck, stroking her throat with my thumbs.

Lordy was my favorite part. Especially Edwards hands on her throat.
van1lla chapter 29 . 5/17/2014
Holy shit. . .

I reread this story after 4 years just for the shit of it and you have no idea how many feels I've gotten from this story. I literally almost spend the whole day reading this and once I've reached the end of it, tears started to run down my face.

I'm not nearly as obsessed with Twilight now as I was 4 years ago (well, actually, I'm hardly obsessed at all) and rereading this story still managed to garner up all these feelings after all these years.

Basically, what I'm saying is that this is one of the greatest stories ever!

P.S. I wish Jasper & Bella ended up together! (I usually prefer canon couples but this story had me thinking otherwise)
shhh chapter 29 . 5/15/2014
...aaand I'll probably cry everytime I hear Brown Eyed Girl. Lol
shhh chapter 29 . 5/15/2014
Waaaaaah! Bittersweetness! Waaaah! I just wanted every1 to have an H-E-freaking-A! But this is so freaking good once I started reading I couldn't stop. I want more. I can read this over and over and not get tired of it. This story, I feel it dude, seriously. Ur writing style is my drug and I want more...
shhh chapter 27 . 5/14/2014
Oh my God... I can't breathe. U keep making me cry. I can't breathe. I'm so torn. I want her to take jasper back, but I want her to stay with Edward cuz he treats her like a boyfriend should... ahhhh! And poor Rosalie! Now I gotta blow my nose.
mysticfighter111 chapter 29 . 5/14/2014
Whew, Jasper was testing my patience a lot throughout this story. While he is completely credible you often had me wondering if he needed hits or hugs. You did a great job creating all these different and sometimes difficult personaes. Thank you.
shhh chapter 17 . 5/13/2014
Ok.. I'm a silent reader, but I had to come out of my silence to let u know this chapter made me cry. I can feel the emotions and ... just...I'm speechless. Ur amazing. This story is amazing.
mommymac0508 chapter 29 . 5/2/2014
Wow I was unsure if I would like this story but once I started reading it i couldn't stop and I like how you made it real like this really happened the way everyone was is true to the age and that is what had me hooked thank you I loved it
HollyLouise chapter 29 . 4/25/2014
just to let you know still enjoying your stories 4 years on
littleLahote chapter 2 . 4/23/2014
And before you say anything with my review down there, I have no children and that is NOT because they died in a fire which I had used as an analogy for the pain this fic has caused me.
littleLahote chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
ok ok im just gonna do it
I love you, LaViePastiche. I really do. But I have to let all this out or I'm gonna spontaneously combust on the sidewalk and splatter blood and chunks of my meat everywhere.
I don't mean anything bad by this review. I dont even know if this is a review. I saw other people's review and they're actually very happy with shit and stuff. I can never understand them because, a.) I am not them and they are not me. b.) I ship Besper hard it almost hurts.
So now, you might be getting a hint of what this review will turn out to be.
I'm a Besper shipper. A hardcore Besper shipper and I love them so much. So, naturally, the fic's summary enticed me and yes, I completely read and understood that this is an ExB fic. But as I've told you, the summary was to die for, so I went for it.
I died. Multiple times.
You may not believe it but there are tears blurring my vision as I write this review. I'm not even bluffing just to get your attention. The tears will probably fall later as I continue to elaborate this review.
I'm gonna remind you again: All of this is just me. I'm sorry if I will say things but know that I don't hate you or anything.
As Jasper said: It's unfair. It's unfair that he got to be serious on a girl for the first time, it's unfair that it's just the first time a girl actually saw him, it's unfair that for the first time he became different, it's unfair that for the first time, he actually loved. So deeply. The unfair thing? Is that when he first let her go, that when he made that mistake, he can't undo it anymore. He lost her forever. And nobody but that girl sympathizes for him because nobody really cares.
And maybe Bella and Edward were really meant to be. Maybe I didn't really saw them or their interaction. But it's just because I felt no chemistry. Maybe I didn't see it. I dont really know.
I SAW Bella and Jasper. It's probably because Jasper's was the first Point of View I read. I watched them meet for the first time. I watched them come closer. I watched every little thing that pulled them together. Their first words. Their first date. Their first 'kiss' (DAMN YOU, JASPER). Their first real kiss.
I shouldn't have fallen in love with them. Because I knew the pairing. But I still did. Probably the worst or the best thing that's ever happened to me.
I cried a lot of times in this fic and the first one I remember is when Bella asked Jasper to prom. Because Bella may not know it, but it meant something big to her to have Jasper agree. But at first he didnt. And gave money so that she can buy her prom dress. Because even if he's Jasper and he doesnt do proms, he wanted Bella to be happy. He really doesnt know this shit even if he says he does. And I cried before I read what Alice told him. That Bella didnt want dresses. She wanted him.
It's a pity they never danced anyway. *cries*
The other time was the 'Brown Eyed Girl' song. Because everything was shit and Rosalie was evil (sorry, Rosalie. I want to hug you but you did stuff that killed me, ok?) and Bella was alone and suddenly. Jasper became the unknowingly fluffiest boyfriend ever in the very Jasper way. My face is contorted in extreme pain. Maybe someday, LaViePastiche, I'll do an album of my photos where I have snapshots of my face portraying the horrible feels I get because of your fic.
He never saw it, but I did. Jasper's falling in love before my eyes and they don't have the slightest idea but I do. I knew it. They didn't and when Jasper is slowly realizing it, he became afraid. He fell in love. He fell in love and he panicked and he made the worst decision ever. He fucking broke up with her because he fell in love with her. WHAT THE FUCK JASPER?! WHAT THE FUCK *screams with hints of sobbing in voice*
And you know what hits me? Is when he kept saying she was beautiful that Sunday afternoon (AND YES IT'S BEEN A MONTH BUT I REMEMBER THE TIMELINE) when they first had sex, when he was deadset on breaking up with her for the wrong reasons. He didnt want her to feel that he broke up with her because she wasnt desirable or beautiful, because he knows that she will think that. And that's just dousing my wounds with salt and frying it with onions and garlic. And feeding it to my children. It's inhumane. The pain was inhumane.
Jasper: "The difference is she's seventeen and she's pretty much never had a boyfriend and she needs one who will take her to the mall and football games and carry her books and fucking do all that high school shit with her. She really doesn't need me to introduce her to the world of relationships."
Peter: "Did she say that's what she needed?"
This. This whole thing. When Peter told him that, he should've gotten a motherfucking epiphany. But he didn't. And I cried again.
And the killer shot? The last kiss. Not the kiss Jasper forced upon her where they were both dying in agony and pain of this world's unfairness. No.
The kiss on the nose. I'm actually bawling right now. The fucking parallel killed me, man. Stabbed me in the face ten times and killed my children in the fire. It was their first and last kiss. I'm dead inside.
I have no strength to finish this review. I can't. I didn't know this could be thoroughly exhausting. You should see how dead my face looks right now or how Im just slamming my fingers on the keyboard to get my words out.
And the only HEA I got? The last aftershock? The Brown Eyed Girl song. Let me bask in that last sweet memory of how they ended as friends. Let me cry tears of blood.
Let's not talk about how Jasper had sex with... that bitch. Or practically ground with Leah. Let's just... not. Let's think of better times like giving Jasper head and accidentally punching self on the face.
This story is beautiful, LaViePastiche, but you can't expect me to be happy. Because I'm not. I'm so fucking pissed I'll actually punch you a hundred times while tears are streaming down my face. But I still love you. Don't worry. You actually paid for all of the sins you committed in here by making that "To Get Back Home' oneshot (which I have read before this. That's actually the fic that introduced me to you).
Anyway, I'm glad I've actually said it. I do wish there are no hard feelings (even though I HAVE told you I wanted to punch you a hundred of times)
Thank you for reading this review. or not reading it. I dont know if you're still alive.
Peace chapter 29 . 4/19/2014
I just wanted to say that I thought this story was genius! "Son of a preacher man" holds an unusual amount of depth in the characters and it was wonderful to read it! Thank you for writing this, you truly are an amazing author! Thank you!
8,171 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »