Reviews for The Darker Side of Madness
HappyReaderMan chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Absolutely fantastic, I would recommend this to any Tes fan.
An insightful look into the realm of the Mad God.
No spelling, grammar or lore mistakes.
This is my idea of a perfect read.
Very enjoyable, 10\10
anonymouse chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Wow Terror13 is an idiot and their "tips"/corrections are pure imagination they have no business "correcting" anyone about. This fic, on the other hand, rules!
CallistaZM chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
I like this. I agree with your assessment that there must be far more to Sheo's madness than what we see in the game. This makes sense. Good job.
Hollow Stares chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Anyone who has ever experienced it knows very well the beauty and pain of madness. The days where you wish the world itself would end and the moments where nothing is funny but you can't stop laughing. Well played. Write again, or I'll pluck your eyes out.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
This is WONDERFUL.
Eudevie chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
So I go on looking to see how bad they messed up Oblivion in fanfiction...

This was a wonderful surprise for me. This,unlike most crap on , is actually /good/. I have some mental issues of my own,and seeing this side of Sheogorath was very interesting!

Poor Haskill though.
CharredFox chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
I think I love you. That's one of the things that bothered me about Shivering Isles, as well- I did love the game, it's the only part of Oblivion I ever play anymore- but... you know. The only times Sheogorath seemed to be anything other than enviable was when his voice went a few shades darker. Those were my favorites, but still... Still.

It's stupid, but this fic almost made me cry. Thank you so much for writing it.
Terror13 chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
the end was so touching made me cry a little )
Terror13 chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
just started reading some tips

Haskill loves sheogorath as part of the odd madness he always SEEMS sarcastic but is absalutly serious in everything he says

like when he says "a pleasure as always" he says it sarcasticly but thats part of sheogoraths design of him as he really means it it just doesnt sound like it

also Haskill was never young he is and always be exactly as he is he is an extension of sheogoraths self and knows everything sheogorath knows "Listen to Haskill he knows alot and i mean ALOT, *sinisterly* Even more than he knows"

lastly Haskill is Etheareal and cannot get bodily pains, or be hit or carry objects and lastly the aureal and mazken serve sheogorath gleefully enjoying even manual labour if its for him they adore him (except those disloyal to him ofcourse few but some)

lastly sheogoraths madness isnt illness its just his thoughts and whims more shown to the world, also sheogorath respects those who ARNT mad his champions are the ones who know their own reality he tests them on that to see there strength of mind and spirit

the inhabitents of his domain are his slaves, citizens of his isle because they were too weak to resist madness

hope that helped was a great read all the same the inaccuraces aside id give it a 7/10
THE chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
Wow, the real Madness :D You wrote that realy well, especially I liked "They’ll go outside before they come inside and they’ll get contaminated" xD
phoenix revenant chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Excellently done. :] I've been wondering about the dementia part of Sheogorath's personality, and I think that you've done a wonderful job describing the other side of the coin.
ReaperRain chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
*shrugs* They made it happy and hyper, because if they had shown what mental illness is actually like, no-one would have wanted to enter the Shivering Isles. It annoys me when people claim to be 'crazy' just to make themselves for interesting, when they're the most sane and outright NORMAL people I've ever met.

Bear in mind, however, that Sheogorath's subjects aren't merely psychopaths, but also artists and general creative types - those who live on the edge of insanity, but haven't succumbed to the darker side of it. Thus, the people of Bliss are a more eccentric, lighthearted shade of mad, not so much insane as 'odd'.

It's good, though, that someone decided to write about true insanity, what it can really do to a person. Even if you did it in a humorous way, you still showed just how frightening and extreme it can really be. And as you stated in your intro, you actually know what you're talking about.

I'm glad you wrote this, and I'm glad I read it. Entertaining but oddly thought-provoking as well.

ReaperRain
GothicRose18 chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Wow. I'm glad I went to your page and discovered this. I'm someone who can truly relate, and reading this short gives me the chills.

When I installed the Shivering Isles I too thought it would have been a bit more like this. I was in no way disappointed, (I love Sheogorath X3) but I was hoping for a more in depth view of the isles and its 'ill' citizens.

Thankfully my personality bugs are now controllable, but this does take me back though.

Anyway, its an amazing piece!
Death-Nerd chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
*blinks* Wowzers. That gives me a whole different perspective on things. Awesome writing that too
Crisium chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Ok, I sort of have to thank you for this. The Shivering Isles always always bothered me because of their portrayal of 'insanity'- it's one of the main reasons I played it once and never again. Eccentricity is not a mental illness.

As much as I adore Bethesda, and I do, I wished they'd consulted with people who actually knew mania and dementia before they released the Shivering Isles.

In any case, your story is excellent, for a number of reasons. Well done.