Reviews for With a Little Help From My Zeppo
twotoe chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
I know this is an old story, but I'd love to see it expanded. Loving that Xander gave her some solid real good advice here instead of unbelievable speech he gave last time. Riley's attitude and expectations and Xander's response-if Buffy had gone along with it-is the kind of thing that you see some day down the road where a guy hits his wife and she is the one always apologizing over it, because she somehow deserved it. It is frightening really that Buffy and Slayer aside-and at some point when it comes to self-esteem would that have even mattered as much as we might think-we had the building blocks for that sort of relationship going on right in front of us, with Riley and Xander both in their own way hammering away at those first set of steps.
MBB chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
A nice ficlet. I don't remember reading your other stories, but in this you you write a decent Xander.

It's too short to say if he's outstanding, but better then a many pro-(super)Xander fic.

Also, it is a pretty hard episode to write in (not even the writers did that well) considering most characters don't know all sides of the conflicts - which by the way I think you solved nicely by having them use the information the other reveals. (something that became rarer as the show progressed).

I agree that SuperXanderfics are not realistic (although fun if done well), but I think he could be more then emotional support, there are also the roles of sidekick and supply-guy. :-)

Overall I believe you succeded in your mission of writing a positive Xanderfic, since you understand why Xander (initially) defended Riley (hoping he could emotionally support her). Which at the very least you prooves you are not a Xander-basher, if not a fan. :-)

Personally, i think there might also have been something of his own experience with Cordelia in the show's scene (love him...or let him go, but make it a clean break) to save Buff the same pain, but that's justspeculation my side. :-)
bthecatslayer chapter 1 . 10/15/2009

I can't believe someone accused you of anti-xanderism.

This is one of the nicest fics I've read in a while.

Good Job
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
i like this story... i like how you made xander doing his best to help buffy.

i know you are not a xander and buffy fan but you did just describe xander there when she need him, to save her life, hold her why she cries, and to fix her house, and make her laugh... and when she does not need him he almost disaperse

good story...