Reviews for Man of Many Faces
Silivren Tinu chapter 7 . 6/1/2009
Victory and triumph really came at great cost - it must have been a very bittersweet moment for Aragorn, to see all his dreams come true and yet also miss so many of those who made it possible. I enjoyed this drabble very much! :)
JuliaAurelia chapter 8 . 5/31/2009
Dragon's Breath sounds like something I'd like to try!
JuliaAurelia chapter 7 . 5/31/2009
Aw, poor Aragorn! Makes you wish you could tell him Arwen will be there soon!
rosethorn59 chapter 7 . 5/31/2009
Becoming King for Aragorn had been a long road. He had wanted it to come to pass for a long time. I wonder if he had foreseen how many had to die before that came to be. ME and Aragorn's victory came at a high price. I could see how that would sadden and disturb him so much. All that luxury around him, and all he could think about here were the ones who had fallen. He wasn't able to let it go, yet, and perhaps he never would completely. Not forgetting, just going on with life. And the empty places, that has to really tug on one's heart. Wonderful drabble, Linda!
rosethorn59 chapter 8 . 5/31/2009
This was good. Faramir ordering the expensive stuff and our King ordering a pint of beer. It is such an Aragorn thing. Dragon's Breath. I like the name. Yes, Faramir does have a lot to learn about his lord. Aragorn will always be his old self as well as the King. He has the same simple tastes and ways about himself he has always had. And he has no qualms about anyone knowing that. Nothing can change the way he is. He is just Aragorn. A wonderful man in both worlds. I think he will always think of himself as one of the people as well as our awesome King Ellesar.
Silivren Tinu chapter 6 . 5/27/2009
You know, I really wonder what Denethor thought when he finally learned who Thorongil was. *g* It must have been quite a surprise indeed. ;-)
Silivren Tinu chapter 5 . 5/27/2009
Poor Aragorn! It must have been difficult to try and be happy for his friend, while not knowing if the same kind of joy would ever be granted to him. It's somehow sad that, when Aragorn *was* finally able to rejoice, Halbarad was no longer there to see it or be a part of it. Loved it! :)
Virtuella chapter 6 . 5/26/2009
Well said, Thorongil! It's so easy to be snobbish and underestimate other peoples' cultural accomplishments.
Virtuella chapter 5 . 5/26/2009
I know exactly how that feels. Poor Aragorn, he had to wait much longer than I did!
JuliaAurelia chapter 6 . 5/26/2009
Oh Denny, if you only knew!
JuliaAurelia chapter 5 . 5/26/2009
Oh poor Aragorn! He must be thinking how he'd love to marry Arwen and start a family with her.
Stoneage Woman chapter 4 . 5/26/2009
For a second, there, I thought it was Aragorn getting married. Good twist. I liked these last two drabbles.
Deandra chapter 4 . 5/24/2009
Nice misdirection. Very well done. You do these short form works very well indeed.

- Deandra
Deandra chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Oh, I really like this one. Nice foreshadowing.

- Deandra
Virtuella chapter 4 . 5/19/2009
"A wedding was the greatest day of a man's life, or so it was said."

Ha, I approve of that! Makes a pleasant change from the popular notion that it is the best day only in the /woman's/ life!
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »