Reviews for Waiting
Marvin Fletcher chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
I've read all your CSI fics and never reviewed any of them, so I thought it was about time I put that right.

This fic will always have a special place in my heart - it's what made me truly fall in love with fanfic (and The Love!)

I'm relatively new to CSI; got hooked after watching some repeats of the early seasons. Funny lab-rat Greg was my favourite character and one day I ended up here browsing through Greg fics. And came across an awful lot of Nick and Greg fics. Nick and Greg? Or rather, NickandGreg? What's all THAT about?! Now I'm no stranger to the world of slash, but Nick/Greg was news to me. I was intrigued. So I read a few. Some were OK. A few were funny! Many were not so good. And a lot were awful. But the next time I watched CSI, it was there - I could see it! The Love was real. So I came back and read more badlywritten!fic. But life is short and time is too precious to waste on trying to decipher fics with fluctuating tenses, and no punctuation, plot or (apparently) spell-checker. I'd had a nice time, but was ready to move on. And then I read this fic. It was well written, nicely paced and to top it all contained an original character. An actual CHARACTER. As in, not just a physical description that had been assigned a name! I had no idea such things even existed in the world of fanfic.

Armed with this knowledge I stuck around and found other gems like this, until eventually I began to prefer the fanfic over CSI. I don't even really watch it any more.

I've since ventured into other fandoms; some I've dipped into and then left behind, others are still with me, and one has become an unhealthy obsession! But every so often, I find myself back here where it all began. You opened this whole world to me. It's all because of you and Stevie Goldstein that I'm still loitering around here :) So I want to thank you, I really am grateful. I've had some tough times and, as cheesy as it sounds, the world of fanfic has quite often helped to keep me going.

I am now determined to become a more prolific reviewer and I solemnly swear that one day I will leave an actual review of this fic, instead of a load of waffle about me. I promise!
Cani chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Hi, I amine of your fans, love the way on how u narrated this story through stevie observation. This is sweet and romantic. Can't wait to read the reattach of your story :)
Impure Desire chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Hello, it's me again. :D

I guess it's good that you like long reviews because just like you don't know how to write a short fic, I don't know how to write a short review. My need to ramble won't allow it. We must have been destined for a writer/reader relationship. ] Plus, I know if I ever post a story I would like more than just an "I really liked your story!" Though, I wouldn't complain about those either.

I'm glad that you liked that idea. Especially if it means there's a possibility for another N/G fic from you sometime in the near future! I really do plan on getting to your H/D stuff, though. They are, after all, the pair that really got me hooked on reading fan fiction. I just have to wait until Greg relinquishes siege of my brain.

And I think that I dislike my own writing because I'm so critical. I over analyze everything I do. I guess I could fit right into the Sanders family in A Certain Sunset as Greg's crazy cousin on his mother's side. My tendencies to ramble and psychoanalyze, among other things. For my stories, I generally love the ideas that play out in my head; it's transferring that to written word that gives me problems. I have no problems writing. I have problems writing well. At least by my standards, but I want to eventually get there.

Thank you for the recommendations. I do, indeed, have LJ. In fact, I friended you shortly after typing up my last review. I would be cristine_hazelx. I shall have to look up those members as well as that community. ]

Now, as for this fic, you have definitely achieved a well written, outsider POV story. When I read, I see the story play out in my head like a movie, and this story... didn't seem like a movie. It was more like I was Stevie. Like it was real. I wanted to catch more glimpses of their conversations and couldn't wait until their next appearance at the diner. I started talking to my computer toward the end, saying stuff like, "Come on you stupid arses! Stop being so oblivous! Just kiss him already!" XD I know a story is good when I start to get involved.

It was also interesting to see them interacting solely in the diner setting as opposed to following one of them around in their day-to-day activities.

The epithets sometimes confused me. It wasn't that I couldn't figure them out. It was really just my brain. Every time I came across one it would read like, "Spiky Blond Punky, Greg, always tells him off." Like my mind always had to put in the character name after each one. I got used to it after a while, though, and it didn't effect the story. It was just... new.

This was very unique and not a story I'm likely to forget any time soon. You truly are an incredible writer, and inspiring. I wish I could write half as well as you. Please do keep writing, even if it's not N/G. It seems like something you really love to do and that you're good at. :D
Maara Annika chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
Wonderful story and I liked Stevie very much. Well done with POV.
Autumn Alchemist chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
I love the new point of view! And the shout out to Rashomama. Keep writing Nick and Greg.
SunMonTue chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
Aww... Sweet. And now to re-read your HP stuff or go in search of more CSI?

I have a lot less free time since I discovered fanfiction. Not a complaint, just a statement of fact. :)
starlesscity chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
This was fucking amazing. I loved it. 3 3
Jazmingirl chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
love it
Azamiko chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Good tension.
Tragic Moonlight Death Of Love chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Okay, this is so good! Stevie is awesome!
luukaa chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
You haven't lost it, just as good as all the others :) And i love stevie, i completely understand her wanting to kick there asses and tell them to kiss :D
The She Devil chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Excuse me for writing two reviews. I wasn't finished with the last one and accidentally hit the submit button instead of...well whatever. The point is, I wasn't done.

Like I was saying, great story. I enjoyed the fact that Stevie wasn't gushing or melodramatic, like many third-party fanfictions are. She also didn't seem like a Mary Sue, even if she might've been (just a little bit), and that I also appreciated.

And: clever title. Waiting. I get it. ;)

Bravo, as usual. Every fandom needs good writers like you.

Now, I am really done. :)
The She Devil chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Well, you certainly achieved what you were hoping for: a great third-party story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. You created a character that was so likeable and very real; all of her observations were believeable and not overly done.
hotflower901 chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
I agree with Stevie. Men are strange. And great...loved it
Blatantly Jennifer chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
First of all: I am so happy that you made a new CSI fic that words cannot explain. :) I absolutely love your Nick and Greg personas. You are made of beauty.

Now then. Hiding behind a rubber plant is epic; Stevie is like, the perfect sort-of-OC; her slight voyeursm slash childish curiosity is amazing, because it mirrored mine perfectly; the nicknames are made of win, as always; the mention of Grave Danger and Rashomama was excellet; your dry humour cracks me up so hard (especially the comment about Sara possibly needing glasses); and the small, odd facts like Stevie being absurdly good at crossword puzzles and her progressive ability to carry two plates.

I think if I had been her, I wouldn't have been able to hold back nearly as long. My patience would have worn thin.

I absolutely love, love your writing, and I was so happy to come back online and find a new CSI fic from you that I squealed in delight. :)

Much love, as always,