Reviews for Checkmate
Avide chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
I like the angel you came at Dasey from with this fic. Good choice.
Roman High chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Who's the person? Or did you just make them up?
Lanter chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
I liked the third party mystery, checkmate indeed!
Brianna Lynette chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
I like it but who is it?
Jesse1993 chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
Who was it? I couldn't figure it out... it's driving me insane!
DareYouToMoveVicky chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
Aww that was sweet.
WhenLighteningStrikes chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
Oh, this was AWESOME! I really liked how the only two actually oblivious are Casey and Derek themselves, and everyone else is not only AWARE but also pretty accepting. I kind of feel sorry for this girl, but I just loved her POV on Casey and Derek. It's like all the reasons why we ship them so obsessively laid out before us. The fact that they fight as hell but *can't stay the hell away*, the fact that they are ALWAYS on each others' minds, the fact that *she's* the person he's thinking of, even while he has Sally, the fact that they spend MOST of their time trying to find ways to one-up the other. It's like they're so much under each others' skins and I loved how you pointed out that they LOVE complicating their lives and pretending so much that in the end, their own nephews and nieces will plot to bring them together because NOBODY else will stay with those two for long (SO TRUE!) and also how they'll always be fighting, and how their kids will be polar opposites (like the Dereks studying!) And how their entire existence is a huge game of chess with no real checkmate till the VERY end. And the ending was lovely. I'm glad Unknown Girl got her sort-of-happy-ending too :)
Frogster chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
Good! I like reading an outsider's view at times. And the game of chess is a great metaphor for Casey and Derek's relationship. So many different moves, so many different ways to go about the game, but the end is always the same: checkmate. Liked that.