Reviews for The Paths We Choose
YuukiAsuna-Chan chapter 43 . 1/8
Pretty good, would have liked a little extra showing if Hinata and Naruto ended up together in the Pure World.
ReadR13 chapter 43 . 12/11/2017
Great story, love this.
CryBurnLie chapter 6 . 12/10/2017
This scene, where they are protecting a priestess. is this anon somewhere? bc I have seen these exact lines on another Naruto fanfic..
SarahNThatcher chapter 43 . 12/10/2017
I don't understand the reviews that say good triumphed over evil. I think Naruto knew exactly what he was doing when he brought back Sasuke. He knew he couldn't kill himself and he knew he'd gotten to used to the Kyuubi's power to shut it off. If that wasn't a point he wouldn't have brought it up when Sasuke first woke. He admits that he's tired. That no matter who he controls there will still be more to fight. I think that losing Oto' s civilians when he truly loved them and losing Hinata was all he could bear. He came and took over Konoha because he needed this war to end. Koboha had gone too far to ignore anymore. However, just as he had told Sasuke after he'd killed Shizuku's monk, he felt vindicated by killing him, but it soon became an empty success.
Konoha didn't win. No one won. In Konoha's single mindedness to take out Naruto they hung themselves. Even under his rule there was protection, but like a hostage that bites through their own tounge to not give their kidnappers the satisfaction of taking them, Konoha killed itself. Iwa and Oto are on their door step. They have no money, no soldiers, and no solidarity. With the infighting and backstabbing there's no chance that Konoha will survive without Naruto to protect it.

Honestly, this story was a true work of art. You had such an amazing momentum and any failure in the delivery was easy to fix, you just chose not to. There really were easier ways to tie this off instead of a 4 year time jump with passing comments of the past and flashbacks. The story would have made better sense removing Akatsuki and the third. Had you made it Jiriy, which I think you were originally going to, and having him do the bomb there that would have been a perfect tie in. No sloppy rush. Just perfection. I'll imagine that's the way it was. Either way, this was glorious!
Taiki no Hitsuzen Kage chapter 1 . 11/15/2017
A bit too rushed. Kinda like my stories. Slow down a bit, and give us details.
darklight66 chapter 43 . 10/16/2017
well i have to say that was a great story defiantly a tragedy i wasent sure who to side with in the end although poor hanata
Ricgarson chapter 43 . 10/4/2017
A good story and a bittersweet ending wish you had able to properly write the ending but it was still good
kax321 chapter 43 . 10/4/2017
Very few stories on this site deserve the title of tragedy more than this tale. I agree with a fellow poster; Horrible and Great indeed. After this story I truly understood the phraseIt was not worth it, the price was too high'.
Piandao chapter 43 . 9/26/2017
Przepiekne
tenshiakuma14 chapter 1 . 9/23/2017
Wanted naruto to win though...cliche good wins
tenshiakuma14 chapter 39 . 9/23/2017
Horrible. Great. I don't fucking know anymore
Arkantos Zarlfright chapter 6 . 9/19/2017
Over the last decade this is the third time I've accidentally found this story. Through a variety of recommendations each time I find this story and I'm always so enthralled by the really interesting writing. It is only upon coming to this part, with the priestess, that I realised that this is THE story. I remember it quite well, all because of this little priestess!

I've only relatively recently made an account to save my favourite stories...this one has to go on it now!

First time I read it, the end of this arc, messed me up good. This is now my third time reading this story, I don't know if I've read it since to completion (you were still updating last time I read it I think) but this is one of the naruto fanfiction greats in my opinion. Absolutely love it! Hope to read more of your work in the future :)
Guest chapter 43 . 9/6/2017
Man after all that I still can't believe that shitcunt Shikamaru won without even doing the dirty work himself.

Damn, i really wanted an ending where Naruto wins but since that huge time skip that skipped over the entire war that was teased for so long I'm just disappointed and upset.

To me, since that time skip the story just took a huge nosedive and once again in the end of the day good conquers evil despite good being responsible for the birth of this evil.

Damn I'm so salty, Naruto practically had the world in his palm and victory in his grasp and with an random time skip you gave him a hollow victory, disfigured his appearance, killed the only person he loved more than anything in the world and had his only friend betray him and end his life. I'm so disappointed but at the same time you can't say Naruto didn't deserve it because he truly did become a villain.

Great story, I loved it all the way but the ending and the chapters leading up to the ending truly did make me feel negative.
scryoko chapter 43 . 9/4/2017
Wow, this was good, thanks for sharing
delrey2001 chapter 43 . 8/3/2017