Reviews for Close to the Ground
TOSoldtimer chapter 8 . 10/29/2012
Taxes - aargh! Spock can do my taxes any day. Loved this story.
rosebudmelissa chapter 11 . 5/27/2010
I just had to stop and take a moment to tell you how much I'm enjoying these stories. Some of them are touchingly bittersweet, and others have me laughing out loud. An ideal mix, very much in the spirit of the Original Series. And your characters are all portrayed excellently.
ValiantToasters chapter 13 . 7/4/2009
you have a surprising insight into human nature and emotions. and above that, you have a gift for being able to put what you're thinking into words. your stories are a pleasure to read and i enjoy them an unspeakable amount. well done!
The Buzz chapter 11 . 6/20/2009
I really, really like this one. You capture McCoy's emotions beautifully, and actually managed to make me feel nostalgic and sad as well (and I love when that happens). For whatever reason, the lines that really got me were:

"He wondered where he would go, if he could turn back time. To the first five year mission? Back to when they were explorers; when they were relevant? When they mattered most?"

Excellent work.
damsel-in-stress chapter 11 . 6/20/2009
That was wonderful and made my heart hurt so much.

"You couldn't turn back time." - *Sniff*

So perfect. Thanks for sharing!

~Damsel :)
damsel-in-stress chapter 9 . 6/10/2009
"His home was already with them." - Wow.

So perfectly real and a wonderful, true insight into the characters and the harsh reality of fighting.

I really loved it.

~Damsel
VERENNA chapter 9 . 6/9/2009
A sad and poignant story.

Thanks for sharing.

VERENNA chapter 8 . 6/9/2009
"Of course, the fact that Spock had been arrested might have had something to do with it."

:laughs and falls to the floor::

I remember the jam session...

VERENNA chapter 7 . 6/9/2009
giggles...

Not a mature thing to do, anyway. LOL

VERENNA chapter 6 . 6/9/2009
Ah! This story kills me!Perhaps because Im the kind of person that easily changes decimals...LOL

I know I reviewed many of these stories before, but now, that they are here, I want to write a couple of words just to say Im glad you are posting them.

BTW, You are fast replying!

VERENNA chapter 5 . 6/9/2009
A beautiful story. I can feel the warm soapy water in my hands.

VERENNA chapter 3 . 6/9/2009
Here to learn is one of my favorites. Im glad you posted it here.

The Buzz chapter 9 . 6/9/2009
I really like this one. Thanks!
damsel-in-stress chapter 8 . 6/7/2009
Lol! These are awesome. So many different emotions! You manage to convey so much in such little chapters.

I'm still smiling from ‘Magnanimous’! And the Spock!Hippie was just out of this world!

Thanks for sharing, and if you ever decide to write more, I'd love to hear them!

~Damsel :)
damsel-in-stress chapter 5 . 6/7/2009
That was simply beautiful.

I don't think I have recovered my heart enough yet to actually give it the review it deserves..

I can actually hear the mother humming.