Reviews for Ash Falls
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
HI THERE. I'm probably the last person you expected to see. Or want to see? I don't know. BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER. Because I'm here, in yer 'fic, clickin' on yer review box...

R Amythest gave me a push toward this story, she said it was awesome and I should read it. So I'm here.

Anyway, I love AU 'fics in general. And now that I have fallen into the FE9/10 hole, I CAN READ FE9/10 'FIC! (And write it, but half of the fandom will want to shove me back to Elibe.)

[Despite obvious proof otherwise, Soren considers becoming an atheist.] This is both a sad and funny sentence. I mean, on one hand, a person can't BLAME Soren. But on the other, it's strangely funny. I don't know how to explain it. Sorry, words are not my friend most of the time.

[He can only assume that yet again it was another person deeming him parentless, and someone not worth even glancing at.] What an interesting idea. I like this.

[Timekeeping is meaningless; survival is the only thing worth thinking of.] This is really powerful, and very, very true.

The ending is perfect.

This is a great piece of writing! I'm glad I read it. Post-apocalyptic stuff is pretty rare in the FE fandom, which strikes me as odd considering there's a lot of potential for great 'fics for most of the verses. But I digress. That has nothing to do with this excellent story.

I love how compact and concise your writing is. You didn't waste words and go on for pages about the surroundings, about Ike or Soren or their daily life. It's all quite simple and in the end is summed up with your final sentences (for great clarity!): [Ash falls. Ike breathes. Soren steals life for him a little longer.] This is their life. They're not marking off days on a calender, they're just surviving.

The bits about what Soren will do after Ike dies were really interesting, too.

Anyway, I'll shut up and stop being annoying now. Great work on this one!

Cheers,

-Manna
Sadomina-sama chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Wonderful! I liked this story so much. This is exactly the way Soren would act.
R Amythest chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
I maintain what I said before: aside from Ike's unduly passive role, this fic is amazing and I love it.
Levity chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
Agh, this is beautiful. ;-; The way you write, I love it. I love you. The rest of myself was knocked mute, it seems.
Benjamin .M. White chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Very interesting piece. If you ask me, this seems like exactly what Soren would do. I just saw his death quote with Ike A support yesterday, and that got me thinking as well. I really like this. Well done.
Platinum Streak chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
The day you upload Ike/Soren, the sun shines a little... nope, wait, it's raining. But this is still lovely, even for a post-apocaliptic sure-death fic.

I don't really have much to comment on. It's clear in the quality of your work how careful you are, or how used you are to writing... so I just hope to read more of you soon.

BTW, try and read The Road. First book that managed to completely enchant me as much as it bored me :P nothing ever happens, the road goes on and on and on, life is terrible and not worth living, and yet the writing is beautiful.