Reviews for Pathways
Lizabeth S. Tucker chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
A good way to explain the fast change in attitude.
Joni chapter 2 . 5/21/2009
Um, ... Yeah, ... Until they both get rudely awakened by the guys who want Mark to go with Them! :)
Joni chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
"Maybe" indeed! Maybe is a big word sort of fits with what if's, But Mark will learn he likely made the right choice IF he did have a choice to make!
302pilot chapter 2 . 5/18/2009
I love it when we get to see both sides of a conversation! Thanks for the judge's POV and for filling in the details to one of my favorite scenes.

CB
Georgi1961 chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
THANK YOU for letting us into their minds. There was so much left unwritten around the "basketball" scene. A scene that seemed to set the tone for the entire series. And you addressed the one lingering problem with that scene that always bothered me. It seemed out of character for me (not that we knew his character at the time, but once we did...) for Mark to say "Do that again and I'll kill you." It wasn't him...

So thank you for telling us how the Judge really felt about that, "The kid's threat sounded more like that of a growling puppy, all bark and no bite. Not a lot of danger there."

And my other favorite line, "But how do you hate a guy who overlooks an elbow to the gut?"

Yep, they both tested the other's boundaries during this first game to see where it might be going. A lot seemed to get settled there-and now I'll look forward to your insight into what was going on in their heads during that FINAL basketball game. Can't wait!

Just perfect-as always!

THANKS
JeanneZ84 chapter 2 . 5/15/2009
Just a wonderful story for the Rolling Thunder Challenge.

Every would I read I could hear them saying it.

I could picture that basket ball game all over again.

Oh before I forgot to mention this before so I will now.

That line in the episode where Hardcastle says "I'm Gonna File That Under Who Gives A Damn"Is one of my favorite The time he ment it or at least tried to/

Great Story.

JeanneZ84
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Jaz,

This first chapter is just wonderful.

I reading the rest next and can not wait to see how it turns out.

I always loved that particular part of that episode.

It is definantly amazing that a guy who had hated this judge for sending him to prison had actually felt free to walk up to him doing there game and pull Hardcastle's ball cap over his had guts to do it and Hardcastle just smiled sweetly not with anger.

JeanneZ84
Tharin chapter 2 . 5/15/2009
A great story! I liked how you showed us their thoughts about the game (and the whole arangement) from both point of views. The chapters felt very true in character, and I enjoyed reading very much. Thanks!
L.M.Lewis chapter 2 . 5/15/2009
The two POVs resonate beautifully, and I really like your version of the inside of Hardcastle's head. Here's a guy who's a mystery even to himself.

Well done!
owlcroft chapter 2 . 5/15/2009
The second chapter is a gem! I loved that you hold up a mirror to the first chapter and the way it all works perfectly. Once again, the thoughts fit the character to a "T" and everything is not just consistent with the original, but augments it as well. A beautiful addition to canon, and one I'll read with pleasure every time I watch the episode!
khollie chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
I like this. I knew that Mark had a lot to think about after that game and now I know what he thought. Thanks for writing this.
302pilot chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
What a great fill in for one of my favorite episodes! I have to echo Deb with that whole idea of "Mark doubting Hardcastle's sanity based on the judge having faith in him"-I just thought that was so perfect. I know the idea that someone might just believe in him must have really caused Mark some serious thought-and set the stage for a total life change for him. Reading this was like being inside Mark's head. It gave the reader a wonderful insight as to how confusing it must have been for the ex-con who never in a million years thought he'd come to enjoy the company of the man who 'ruined' his life.

Love it. Thanks for sharing-

CB
owlcroft chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
You know what I really like about this? It's so completely believable. It's totally in character, fits like a glove. Everything just flows - so natural and realistic, expressing McCormick's personality and outlook through his introspection. A beautiful piece of writing.

Thanks for adding to this particular fic challenge and I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Wonderful. Owl gave me a heads-up on this one and he was, as usual, dead on when she said it was something for me to look forward to.

My favorite bit (oh, how to pick just one?). Okay, it's this:

"What kind of a lunatic invites a known felon into his home to join him on some kind of a hair-brained, no-holds-barred crusade for justice?

And what kind of a lunatic says yes?"

Mark doubting Hardcastle's sanity based on the judge having faith in him-now there's a fine kettle of fish.

I am so pleased to see the TWE challenge bearing such fine fruit.