Reviews for A Never Ending Tale
Nic909olas chapter 3 . 4/6/2014
I'm sorry but if this chapter in based on FF XV i can't keep reading it just baffles me how many fanfiction there are that are based on a game that is not released and has been in development for at least 4 years.
Actually Anzie chapter 26 . 8/3/2009
Good job! I loved it, although I was confused at parts... But I've got it now... Holy shit there's a frickin huge bee flying outside my window... O.o

Great story!

zephyr51 chapter 26 . 6/28/2009
This was fun to read.
JakeCrusher chapter 24 . 6/27/2009
To be honest this (and all other fights) were kinda dissapointing. I think the best thing about this story is that its the first one finished.
JakeCrusher chapter 5 . 6/11/2009
I have a strong feeling that the last part of this chapter will be important.
flower on thewind chapter 26 . 5/29/2009
Holy mother of... haha where do I start?

Your fic is simply amazing. I really enjoyed the depth of plot details in this fic. Everything came together very well - and you completed it too! This fic really felt like Dissidia... I'm not sure how to explain what I mean, but the clipped meetings, character interactions... fight scenes... it felt so much like the game (or from what I've seen of it). I really think you've captured the essence of Dissida, congratulations!

Furthermore, your fic reflects a lot of my own personal theories about ff13! To me, this fic should be cannon! I've been toying with the idea that all of the ff13 games will be connected by the crystal, and that the crystal is a single entity rather then 3 separate ones. Sigh, reading this makes me slightly jealous that you got to it first - but at the same time I love you so much for committing yourself to write it down and finishing your fic (I would've gotten lazy halfway through).

On a technical note, I really love your almost poetic way of writing. I really like how you've mad references to the trailers, to Hamlet, and to the humor in Dissidia (namely Squall's interactions with those upbeat characters). It shows that you've done your research; that you've put blood, sweat, tears, and soul into this fic - and that's just so amazing. Seriously. Squall probably had some of the best one-liners in this fic XD

Ah, I've never written a review this long before, ah... but I can't help it! Your fic really resonates! My last point is to commend you on depicting very realistic characteristics of Lightning and Noctis. The games aren't even out yet, and I feel like "yes, those are the characters of Lightning and Noctis." A very good job - thank you for such a treat!
Oreramar chapter 12 . 5/28/2009
I'm not sure what happened to this chapter, but somehow the content here (12. Roses and Wings) is exactly the same as that of the last chapter.

So, I think I missed out on Sephiroth vs. Lightning, plus who knows what else you wrote in there.

On the story as a whole, since I've already read it start to finish: Interesting in concept, but the delivery feels a little...rushed.

I don't know how else to put it.

It seems as though the characters and their problems aren't allowed to develop organically, through action and speech and implications. Things are described and outlined first in narrative, then sometimes repeated later in speech.

One example I can think up right now would be this: In chapter three, you bluntly inform us that Noctis is, for some reason or another, fated to die young and he knows it. (How he knows it or why this is his fate is never really explained, either).

The shock value from this is hard to discount, but then you bring Ultimecia in and she knows just as much as the audience, which is confusing unless she has mind-reading powers I didn't know about. That, or the narrative floats in the air for everyone around to read.

Anyhow, what I'm getting at is this: that tidbit of information was introduced too suddenly and too completely. It gives a tiny jolt of interest, but that soon fades, especially when the how and why don't appear later to feed that interest. Perhaps it might have been better to slowly introduce certain mannerisms, patterns of speech and thought, on Noctis' part so that if you wanted him to reveal it through dialogue later on in the story, you would have a solid foundation of implications and hints to set that on.

Plus, readers are always more interested when either they predicted something and got it right, or when something unexpected comes out of the blue but they can still look back and see the trail of breadcrumbs that had been laid down previously.

Yes, it takes a little more hard work to plot and write a story like that, but the end result is far more satisfying for you and for your audience.

I don't expect you to rewrite this entire story, especially as you're still riding the high emotions from completing it in the first place (congratulations on that, by the way: finishing something like this can be very difficult). Just perhaps keep the above advice in mind for the next long story you write.

Keep writing - it's the best way to grow.

BlueFairy10 chapter 26 . 5/28/2009
YAY! I loved it! Sorry I didn't review sooner I was busy with school and stuff :(

Well anyway I really liked it and I hope you make another story for Dissidia soon! :D
Ghost Writer no. 3 chapter 26 . 5/26/2009
We did enjoy the story. I am speaking for myself only, but I'm sure everyone else did, too.
Ghost Writer no. 3 chapter 23 . 5/26/2009
Your intercation between Lighting and Noctis were stunning. I bet I shall enjoy the rest of this.
SunflowerWielder chapter 26 . 5/25/2009
My theory was wrong, XD

This was a fantastic story, and I loved how the ribbons on the crystal became important - So cool.

An incredible story, it's been so fun to read and review!

Thank YOU for writing it!
SunflowerWielder chapter 24 . 5/25/2009
Bartz: “Really?”

Squall: “NO! I was being sarcastic!”

Zidane: “I think she’s officially lost it.”

I'm going to re-read the story to try and find the hints... although I have a small feeling I MAY know what has happened...

Incredible fight scene! It's a great story, and I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!
BlueFairy10 chapter 23 . 5/24/2009
That was so sad! *sniff* :( poor Noctis and Lightening! Well please update soon, I want to see Lightening kick Chaos's a**!
SunflowerWielder chapter 23 . 5/24/2009

I was NOT expecting that... Poor Noctis. And poor Lightning. I liked Lightning and Cloud's little confrontation in Shade Impulse II, and Noctis' death made me weepy.

Awesome. This story is fantastic, and I can't wait to see the final battle!
SunflowerWielder chapter 21 . 5/24/2009
‘don’t mess with me or I’ll turn you into a newt.’

Ah, Shantotto, what would we do without you?

So the warriors are off as is Noctis. Someone's feeling guilty... And I wonder what the Emperor was going to say. Ah, well!

Awesome as usual!