Reviews for I Am Lucario
Flare the Ninetales chapter 18 . 7/1
Glad to see you back! I've been following this story since middle school, and I graduated from high school this year. Even now, this story is really the only reason that I go on FanFiction anymore. Keep it up!
Superdale33 chapter 18 . 5/26
I've been meaning to write a review for this story, but it always seems to slip my mind.

The story is a well thought out masterpiece, cut and dry. Everything is thought out, every detail has some measure of importance, and nothing ever feels wasted or put in to fill the story. Each character has a purpose, a story, and a way to push the main character. The plot is mostly filled with side stories that give perspective on Humans and Pokémon. Through the eyes of the main character, who has little experience with their problems, we essentially relate to the story through him. It's the short-term threads and the over arching long-term plot that gives everything a little conclusion; even though one story wraps up, the readers know that the great disaster looms ahead. It's the kind of story writing that rewards readers while still having the draw of a grand adventure. Excellent characterization and writing helps immensely in this regard.

Lucario is great. I originally came to this story simply because it had a Lucario main character, and I certainly got plenty of him. His whole life story is laid out so blatantly that you can understand all of his issues, opinions, and ideas. His mannerisms are both though provoking and funny simultaneously. Not to mention his politeness is something I rarely see from a character, let alone politeness that's written well! He is naive and optimistic, qualities I like to see from a main character. He's willing to lend a hand, be friends, and do things normal people wouldn't do to please his curiosity. It's these small qualities that you get a likable character and, in essence, a hero.

The other characters are great too. They all add to Lucario in some way or another. Absol is a realist and brings logic to the situation, but is still emotional and reclusive that his side story really fits his character. Eevee is a pessimist, and balances Lucario's optimism. She actually my favorite simply because of the way she treated Lucario. She had reasons for doing what she does to Lucario, and I anticipated it greatly. Even when it all came together was great to read, and most of it was a simple conversation on the banks of a river. It's the quality of story telling and revelation, AND character progression and relation, that makes it all meld together to come out fun to read. Spike is still new, so there's not a whole lot to say with him. Since he's the pre-evolution of Lucario, we get to see how Lucario learns and behaves around his own kind, and it draws questions to Spike's origins and backstory, similar to Absol and Eevee. Like those two, he had plenty of potential when his personal story comes in, and I'm excited to eventually read. The characters make the story, even the side characters. They only appear briefly - usually no more than a chapter - but they leave an impact on the main characters that it influences the flow of the story. It really shows their importance in the overall plot. The best part is when they pop up later in the story from time to time, proving the stories were really experienced and give the essence of a real world.

With all that praise, there are a few small points that I wanted to bring up. Not necessarily bad - though in my head, they're nearly classified as such. First, the beginning has a LOT of set up. Everything felt railroady, and while it all pays off in later chapters, to an absurdly nice degree, it still comes off as a lot of baggage. There are points that I could tell would be important later in the story, somewhat ruining the surprise. However, it is understandable, since Lucario's father is a Xatu, so there is obviously going to be a lot of prep work. It's the reason why I can't really dislike all the preparation at the beginning: it's so cool to see a Xatu almost know what's going to happen in the future. He certainly gives an aura of uniqueness to Lucario himself, because he knows Lucario will do something about the big disaster, which gives Lucario a lot of draw as a hero. Another issue is the recent chapters being confusing and hard to follow. Reece and Capp bring a lot of interesting points to the story: Xatu's past, his relationship with them, and their involvement with the investigation. It's an interesting and natural twist, and seeing it through Lucario's eyes adds to it since he never knew about them.

Regardless of my minor complaints, this story is my favorite Pokémon story to date, if not my favorite fanfic ever, after five years of reading and writing them. Even the long chapters give plenty of conclusion and interest for the story. It all falls together perfectly. It shows the story was thoroughly thought out, and I applaud any writer who at least plans out their stories before hand. A rare quality in nearly every fanfic, and I appreciate those who put in the extra effort to do that. It's for that reason I cincerally hope you not only continue this story but finish it! It's a tale that I really want to see to its end. I can see a few ways the story can go, and they're all awesome. Even if you don't follow any of the ways I predicted, I'm sure it'll be amazing, since you've kept my attention thus far. I appreciate you writing this stunning story!

As a side note, not particularly related to the review of the story, I've been listening to Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel, and the lyrics reflected the story and characters so precisely that I was shocked that they were so similar. It gave me more enjoyment of the song and story because of it, so it's another reason to thank you!
Kurama8601 chapter 18 . 4/20
Please don't stop writing this story is just amazing I want to see more soon
Please mooorrrrrrreeeee!
Aurumn48 chapter 18 . 3/23
Howdy! So, I read this story, or at least started it, last year Julyish. At the time, I didn't have an account. Then I made one in like August, and was going to follow this one, but then noticed that you hadn't updated in a long time. So, I took that to mean that you had moved on, and I was hesitant to follow or favorite it. So, I didn't. Then, whilst exploring some profiles, I see this one again! And what else do I see? It's been updated! Admittedly that was a few months ago, buuuut, I'm deciding to fav and follow it! I have a new hope that this story isn't abandoned, and I'm hoping for another update soon. Meanwhile, I'll actually read this chapter that I was so excited to see, and maybe post an actual review. Might reread the whole story, actually. Best wishes! -Aurumn
devon3663 chapter 18 . 3/22
I WAS ECSTATIC to see this story was back I'm glad I believed you'd continue this I never want this story to end the characters and storyline is just amazing and I hope this story is a long one! Hope it helps to know That people look forward to your story!
MOOOAAAR
OMG! YOU'RE BACK! I'm so glad you're okay and honestly I thought this fic was left to die. This story is so good and I'm happy you're updating it again.
Noskillsy chapter 18 . 2/18
Okay, I guess I'm up to date now, and this story is amazing! I love it :3 Anyways, these chapters are REALLY long, which is always nice. And a lot of chapters have these... Mysteries which seem to be really well planned out. For example, the Silver Lane murder and this one! I love it! I haven't seen anything like this before! And... Aahh. I enjoyed reading this so much! I also love the "Next time, on I Am Lucario" thing! It just makes the show seem so professional... Oh! I said show! Oops. But it could definitely be good enough as a show! Get some animator or something, get permission by the Pokémon Company, and bam! Great storyline, great mysteries, and a Xatu's death that was almost as sad as the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games' endings. And those made me cry so much... And they're kids games!
Well, I don't know what else to say. *Shrug* maybe you've gotten me to the point where I'm speechless, or maybe I'm just too stupid to think of anything. Maybe it's both. Aaand I still don't know what to type. There's just too much in this story, but that just makes it even better, since the quality of each chapter is AMAZING!
Anyways, keep it up! I'm really loving this!
Zzoun chapter 1 . 2/17
Thank you for writing this. Your work was at least compelling enough to lead me to register for this site, to leave this comment. No, your work is much better than what that last understatement implies.

I could not find any typos in this work, as opposed to most stories on this site.

As a response to your removed poll, I would discourage you from writing romance in this work; as you've listed in your profile, you do not seem to be experienced in the genre, and your story remains quite captivating despite its absence. Besides, it might worsen your already lengthy writing times.

Regardless, thank you for this work, and may you continue your endeavors, from past or future.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 2/15
Do you mean to have Christian themes in your story? I think it's definitely interesting and adds another depth of mystery to the story.
TheGamiHusky chapter 1 . 2/10
Omg Ur back after 5 years omg
I read this chapter a long time ago and I dont think I reviewed. Im very happy you updated! I actually teared up when I saw the notification in my inbox, this was the first Pokémon fanfic that introduced me to so many other amazing ones just by searching for more. So to know that you're still working hard is a wonderful feeling indeed. I wonder why Jolteon would do that, I hope it wasn't to get revenge on the Coopers for mistreating Eevee.
Primus1661 chapter 18 . 1/28
Thank you for finally updating!
Something321 chapter 18 . 1/25
Amazing, just amazing. I'd never though I'd see this get updated but here it is. Keep up the amazing work.