Reviews for Prosody
MK chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
Wonderful!
Eryndil chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Beautiful fic. I studied a little of linguistics many years ago and found it fascinating. You have used the language and concepts of the subject so creatively to describe this budding relationship. It's perfect for the unusual 'romance' between these two.
TrulyShadowKissed chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Lovely story.
quietus chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
I loved this! Your linguistic theme was exceptionally well done and fitting to these characters for whom less flowery is somehow more flowery.
synechdoche chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
How original! Maybe it's because I'm an amateur linguist myself, and maybe it's because my methods of flirting are the kind that are normally imperceptible to outside observers (darn shyness!)... but this fic put a huge grin on my face. You really presented this in a way that made me feel like I was Uhura, thinking what she was thinking and seeing what she was seeing. I'll be looking up more of your work :)
Austen2388 chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
This was brilliant, just so you know. Uhura's point of view of Spock using linguist terminology...bravo.
fandroid chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Amazing
E. E. Lopez chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
I am very impressed. You were able to capture Uhura's understanding of Spock through intelligence and knowledge. I don't believe there is much 'fluff' between them anyways, so I think your story is very true to their characters. My only complaint is that there is no dialogue. Other than that, this is one of my favorites.
PurpleYin chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
I don't know that much of linguistics but it's fab to have a fic that reinforces her skill as much as the romance.
lookingback7 chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
lol, well i loved it. _
frostykist chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
you have a wonderful way of capturing the essence of the characters. they are so in character, you really pull it off. good job.
Keita chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Brilliant topic, beautiful writing.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
No suffering here! I knew from the moment I read the definition of prosody that this story was going to be better than most. When I got to the bit about Uhura breaking down nonverbal communication into phonemes and reassembling them into morphemes and starting to form hypotheses about Spock's prosody, I knew it was going to rock. I learned a fascinating new perspective on linguistics (I don't usually have the privilege of learning theoretically weighty concepts from fanfic!) and you demonstrated Uhura's intelligence, while telling us nothing conclusive (but everything intriguing!) about Spock.

You continue to be the best Spock/Uhura writer I've encountered. I really like this story, because you keep them both thoroughly in-character. You suggest a perfectly logical scenario for their Academy interactions that would make the events in the movie a reasonable next step. I also like the knowledge that the interaction that you focus on in this story would be entirely lost on the casual viewer to this scene.
23roses chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
suffered? it was lovely...I'm looking forward to more!
Your Worshipfulness chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Brilliant interpretation. It makes me wonder how long it took them to get to the stage where the scene in the elevator was possible. This is an adorable potrait of the couple and I hope you write more like it.

Your Worshipfulness