Reviews for Cost
MoonlitShadowsoftheHumanSoul chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
This was just perfect. Short, sweet, and to the point.
Holly Lukeman chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
I was glad to see that you posted another story. I always enjoy reading your work. :)

I've always been an eensy bit jealous of people who can say a lot with very few words, like you do in this story. ~sigh~ However, my enjoyment of this story pretty much leaves that in the dust. You did a great job with such as short piece. The atmosphere was wonderful - I could feel the cold and rain and emotional damage very clearly. What little dialogue there was remained very in character, which is always fantastic.

The subject was really good, and it just made everything that much more painful (in a good way, of course) to have Cold Oak right next to When the Levee Breaks. Castiel asking Dean if he was having doubts about saving Sam was heartbreaking. And then to have Dean still willing to do exactly the same thing even after everything that has happened... Oy, it was definitely a tearjerker.

I loved the penultimate (and the last) episode(s) of the fourth season, and I think your story does 4x21 complete justice. I'm glad that others also see that Dean isn't willing to give up on Sam just yet, even if he's pretty much at the end of his rope.

Great story! It was a lot of fun for me to read... well, ya know, in an emotionally upsetting way. :)
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
OMG! awesomeness!

this was brilliant hun
bhoney chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
It took me a couple of read-throughs to get it, but now that I do, I really like it. Love the idea that Dean's watching that scene from AHBL unfold, and considering whether, knowing what he knows now, and having Sam do the things he did in WTLB-and all season, really-it was worth the sacrifice he made to save him, to bring him back. And I love most of all that the answer for Dean was yes. Really wonderful!