Reviews for The Next Best Thing
corriente chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Wow, this fic is absolutely fantastic! And you can't even imagine how happy I was, coming across something that crossed my mind when I was reading "Lords and Ladies".
I adore your Mustrum, totally. And your writing, very interesting and brilliant with dialogues.
It's been a lot of time and I suppose you won't continue with that... But one may always hope :D
aotearoan chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
This was fantastic. Very funny and original, and well-written too. This is a great fleshing-out of what Pratchett hints at. I honestly didn't think any fanfic of a married Esme would work, but I hugely enjoyed this! Thank you!
RedherringorR chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Very good!Looking forward to reading what happens next ;-)

Best wishes,R
DONTSAYMONKEY chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
This is really good. You've done realy well to keep them in character. Hope you continue it :)
A.A. Pessimal chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Oh wow...

taking a break from writing tonight to look at what other people are doing and if possible to submit reviews.

This is a lovely idea - approaching the events of "Lord and Ladies" from one of an infinity of possible alternative angles. And you manage it wonderfully, as well!

(BUT what if one of Diamanda's alternative coven turns out to be a daughter of Mustrum and Esme? Sulks at the dinner table? Just a thought...)
Clodia chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Oh, this is lovely! I now adore Mustrum. Thanks!