Reviews for Clinically Insane
Livvy22 chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
love this!
amyh52 chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
PeanutButterOreoCookieGirl chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
I'd have given any money to see what that nurse's expression to that would be. something like 0 (cause her jaw would be on the floor)

I'm afraid you'll have to get nurse-no name to mop me up cause i'm nothing more than a goopy puddle on the floor after that scene :P very in character and damned sexy to boot. :)
Solard chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
I really, really li- (okay, ONE more) REALLY like this. The "And watch this, Truman French, as Derek Venturi makes you magically disappear" - brilliant aside, coupled with the "-are you watching Truman?" is just GOLD. It's just quintessentially Derek.

bsloths chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
This was beyond anything I could have imagined as a "sequel" to WYCW. The comparison to falling off the monkey bars, the flashback of all the bad things people have said about Truman, the thinking he's insane, the banter (so funny and perfect!), the KISS, and to top it all off, he has to drive himself to the hospital!

So great!
Green Peridot chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
That second-to-last line made me positively cackle. Heehee! Derek rocks. (You rock too, seeing as you wrote the line.)

Great job. And poor Emily, on a side note. (I liked how you handled that- didn't gloss over it, but it wasn't the point of the fic, either.)
Lanter chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Much as I dislike Truman on the show, Derek deserved to get popped in the much as he deserved the girl. This was a fantastic sequel.
fireflamesinferno chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Glory be! A delectable partner to WLS's original.
Sandalaris chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Amazing, as usual. I actually hadn't read "What You Call Winter" (I don't know how I missed it) and A)it was amazing, and B) this fit perfect. I loved the end, where he calls her his sister and "also my girlfriend" and she yells at him, but doesn't deny it. XD (I could see that happening, well if the show wasn't over that is)
WhenLighteningStrikes chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
You know reading this I realized WHY I wouldn’t have been able to write it, and it’s an obvious answer. Because I definitely don’t have the hold of Derek’s character that you do. There is NO way I’d have been able to write this without making it all corny and sappy and mostly gag-worthy. Not to mention Derek would’ve been completely OOC and all “Hands off my girl” (Yeah. Derek.) And in other words it’ll have completely sucked.

But you.

Ughh! You did it again. Took a whole would be-sappy scene and turned it around with your own particular delicious brand of humor. You know the inner (non) workings of Derek’s head like no one else. And this had some disguised angst as well, which was just *lovely*.

I REALLY love how you’ve added in that ‘Surprise’ scene (I live my life pretending that episode doesn’t exist) because I really hated the fact that Derek just…threw Casey at Trashman even though he’d *cheated* on her and *Derek* had been the one to say “Never speak to her again”. It’s like in-between TLC and Surprise he had a sudden brain transplant. But I absolutely LOVE how he’s coming to terms with and hating himself for it. And how he knows that Casey just went along because she didn’t want to ruin *their* evening and because he let her go, when she was so obviously vulnerable.

And I just love how Derek’s having these mini-epiphanies. Where he’s Leaving Emily and suddenly realizing that Casey is his “sister”. (And how he totally doesn’t care.)

And how you manage to make these utterly clichéd, over-the-top scenes (unhand her ye dawg) COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY original. Every. Single. Freaking. Time. Even while he’s (dreaming of) pushing Truman off her, there are all these lovely parentheses which are just YOURS.

And the next part. Oh man, it was just so, so lovely. You have an amazing hold on the characters which comes through each time, no matter what the situation. I can imagine people writing about Derek actually pushing Truman off her and then both of them fighting and then confessions.

Bu are brilliant. So nothing ordinary for you. You just basically summarized all that we (and Derek, him most of all) just LOVE about Casey (while simultaneously it makes us shake our heads and go all, “Oh, *Casey*”.) and this -“She can’t study for a test without eventually acting like a *meth addict!*” made me laugh so hard!

You know, what I love most about them is… that even through alcohol induced Fuzziness of Brain, they are *so* used to each other that they can still play their complicated games. Like how Casey catches on immediately, even though she’s sloshed (AND had Truman’s paws on her, ughh) and how Derek knows just what to say. And I could imagine them looking at each other (with that eye-sexing thing that they regularly *do not* do. Nope, not at all) and just moving closer (and this is the part where my brain started melting) and then (oh GOD) that kiss. That extremely hot, bittersweet, drool-inducing KISS. (And this was the part where my melted brain started EVAPORATING. I’m suing you.)

“She’s my sister.” He shoots her a malicious grin that is very painful. “And also my girlfriend.”

Now, THIS doesn’t require any sayings. This is so typically Derek that I’m going to call the police just about now. Because to write this line you would have HAD to had Derek tied somewhere in your near vicinity (with leather bands… shirtless… his hair messed… body taut…completely at your mercy and um…what was I saying again…?) forcibly having to tell you what he *would* say. Because people don’t come up with lines like this all on their own. Nope. Impossible.

I don’t even remember what WYCW *was* now. (Something to do with ten things to drive someone crazy in bed?)

Oh, darn it. I love you, you magic-person and I’m honestly very glad that *you* decided to do this. Because nobody does it better than you, and that’s the honest-to-god truth.

(And I should *stop* with innuendos. ;)
Mrs. Pepperwood chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Oh geez- This was just so good.

I really wanted there to be a bedroom scene addition to WLS's fic. And this totally does it justice- it's awesome.

And really funny-

That is so perfectly Derek.

Loved it.
itsi3 chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Ahh hahahaha! I loved it! The end was Very Dasy-ified! "She's my sister. Also my grilfriend" "Der-ek!" HAHAHAHA! I was crackin up!

Great job!

Frogster chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Lovely as usual! I didn't think insanity was catching, but I think Derek picked some up from living with Casey all these years...isn't it funny how they both make each other spastic and frazzled and insane and alive?

Update US soon! :D
my shangri-la chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Hahaha! LMAO! That was great! LOL. I loved it! Fantastical one-shot.