Reviews for Beloved
KL93 chapter 11 . 1/2
Yeah this is definitely a wild tale
KL93 chapter 6 . 1/2
Uwah I ship rands and balsa so hard but yeah this sounds pretty canon. I don't remember them arguing at all though..
KL93 chapter 3 . 1/2
Wow never knew there would be a prince so eager to hand off power haha.
KL93 chapter 2 . 1/2
Oh this breaks my heart. Chagum is such a good boy :'(
KL93 chapter 1 . 1/2
I had the same reaction when I found the anime. Seriously why didn't I watch it sooner? Haha. Indulging myself with this. Lovely writing style
Zachary K chapter 21 . 11/23/2015
Before I start the review, I would like to state that I've not read the books yet, only watched the anime. Also, to anyone preemptively reading reviews in order to decide if it's worth reading, 1: It is, 2: Spoilers ahead. I've placed a bunch of spaces below, to prevent seeing anything you don't want to.

I suppose I'll start with the things I didn't like about it first (I promise, there's not many!). The Mikado: He seemed a little out of character, motivated by greed as he was. Although I suppose one could argue he wasn't motivated by greed. He just wanted Chagum dead because he believed it would be best for the empire if his third son took the crown after him, believing Chagum is unfit to rule. Regardless, it just didn't feel right, I couldn't see him killing off all the villages to go to war when he could avoid it.

Second: Balsa. While, for the most part, you stayed amazingly true to the character, some of the words she used seemed a little... off, for her. I just couldn't see her calling him "Brave Prince", or "Kotora." Then again, what fun is a fanfiction if you don't try to paint a different side of the character? Balsa clearly has a motherly side that the anime didn't cover a whole lot, and seeing Chagum distraught as he was could've brought out a softer side in her. I'd also point out, again, I've never read the books, she may behave slightly differently in the novels. If so, feel free to point that out.

That's honestly it, as far as negative things go. Now, on with the things that I thought were really well done.

The fanfiction as a whole was very descriptive, without dragging on; a skill I don't see much. I felt as though I always knew what something looked like, without wishing it'd just hurry up and get back to the story. I Highly applaud that.

Characterization: Aside from the two minor points I mentioned earlier, the characters were pretty much spot-on. Chagum was wise, but still showed signs of being young and new to politics. His decisions (Particularly the ones involving Balsa and Tanda at the end) seemed like choices he would've made in the show. Balsa was strong without seeming stone cold, and caring without seeming mushy. Tanda was pretty spot on, a soft, caring individual, and madam Torogai was as blunt as she was in the show, and the dialogue she used seemed appropriate for her character.

Pacing: The pacing was wonderful. A slow buildup to a rather tense action scene, followed by a small lull (A believable one, as well), with a buildup to an ending worthy of the time spent working up to it.

Speaking of the ending, it was very well done. I love how you managed to keep Balsa and Chagum close, without forcing Balsa to settle down completely. Chagum's plan to abdicate seemed very in character, showing that, although he does think things through, he sometimes doesn't think of all the scenarios. Clearly not realizing that, as Mikado, he'd have wives and children eventually to tie him down.

I loved how you managed to convey emotion, without being so blunt as to say it outright. The sprinting scene, for instance. She clearly pushed herself to the breaking point, just for him, showing that she cares deeply for Chagum. And on the other end, Chagum practically carrying Balsa to a safe spot to rest. All together probably one of my favorite moments in the story, and probably one of, if not the most well written scenes.

Another point that the sprinting scenes reminded me of; you did an amazing job at making Balsa tough, but not indestructible. After a brutal run, adrenaline carried her to a (Close) victory, and then she was weak, the fight having taken its tole on her. That may seem like a simple thing to do, but many fanfictions I've read will have their favorite character browbeat 100 trained soldiers and walk away unharmed.

Overall, this is a wonderfully written story; staying true to the original characters, and managing to guide the story to a conclusion that was happy, without being unrealistic. Honestly, if I could never find out what happens in the novels that are untranslated, I would happily consider this the ending. I'm giving it a 10/10. The multiple pros well outweigh the small, almost nitpicky cons. I'll definitely be looking at some of your other work, and hope you continue to write fanfiction in the Moribito universe; you clearly have a strong grasp on these characters.
Anon chapter 16 . 7/11/2015
Loving your story! You are seriously just the best for writing it. :)
SkywardQuill chapter 11 . 11/1/2014
Well, I really love this fanfiction so far, but there's one thing that bothers me. See, the anime made a point of justifying everybody's actions in a way that made it so that there wasn't a clear villain. Basically, if I'm talking in tropes, Rousseau Was Right. I'm not saying that I agree with the Mikado's actions in the anime, but I can understand that he simply put his duties as a country leader in front of his duties as a father, and while that's certainly not the right thing to do the way I see it, it at least didn't make him a complete bastard. So I just find his actions in your fanfic OoC. He was never motivated by greed.

Sorry, it seems like I'm complaining a lot, but this is the only problem I have with this fanfiction so far. I'm honestly really enjoying it!
Luka - chan 64 chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
Hey

Good job! I loveeee this FF its my absolute favorite. Hope ya were going to wirte more storrys about Moribito. ;D
Xan015 chapter 20 . 4/28/2014
Really enjoyed the story - thank you!
Fanfictiongirl chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
Das ist die beste Moribito FF die ich je gelesen hab!
Großes Lob an den Autor :D
MoribitoGirl chapter 19 . 11/4/2013
Wow this is the best Moribito FF!
MaxManuka chapter 21 . 10/12/2012
Dear GuardianEnzo,

I have been a reader of your blog for I don't know how long now, two years? It is still my favourite anime blog, was even in the months were I did not find the time to watch much anime nor read all of your posts :).

Moribito is one of my all time favourite animes and I don't know why I did not read this earlier, I remember you mentioning it in your blog a while ago, but who knows.

It probably has something to do with my new Kindle. Ever since I had it I've read much more, books and fanfics alike :D.

But anyway, now to my review proper.

I pretty much loved everything in this fanfic so don't expect much "constructive criticism" from me, bur rather a lot of gushing. Alot :D.

I started to read this fanfic yesterday, having stumbled upon your account some days ago and downloaded this story onto my Kindle. I pretty much did not do anything but eat, sleep and read this. I did not even start up my computer until now to write this review :D.

So this was one of those, those books that keep me reading till 3 AM and then don't let me go until I have read them all though. Because I'm just so drawn in, captivated by it's charms, by it's characters.

I suffered with Chagum, under his dad. I groaned with him at Balsa and Tanda not getting married for the whole story :D. I felt for everyone – even his dad, when he basically said goodbye and sorry to Chagum and his regret was palpable. Palpable like everybody's emotions in this story, be it Torogai or [waterfall girl] or Shuga or Jin. Be it Balsa or Tanda. :)

I love emotional stories. Stories about relationships. About their daily surprises (maybe something every relationship of any kind should have). About characters. So this one was almost like written for me and, as it's narrator would say, I relished in it :D.

I was frankly surprised by how wonderful a fanfic writer you are, even having enjoyed the writing in your blog many many times. I wish, I hope, you write more, be it Moribito (which I of course would selfishly want most :D) or whatever kind of fiction. I think you have a great talent for storytelling :).

There is so much more to say and I am afraid I might not get all of it on paper, but let's try :D.

Chagum, breaching the protocol left and right, may actually be my favourite part. I love [Blithe Spirits] in stories and he is very good at that :D.

Torogai, my favourite character in the anime, shines again with her bluntness and her unique ways of showing affection :D.

Balsa, saving him at the very last minute. Giving everything. Their bond, like a bond all children should have with their parents and guardians. Beautiful, magnificent! :)

Tanda, kind and more patient than anyone in all of Yogo. Always there. Helplessly in love with Balsa. A wonderful dad to Chagum, the caretaker.

Shuga, loyal to the toe, his only friend for those two years. Who know what Chagum would have done without him. Like a big brother.

Jin, Jin ... I wish he didn't have to do that, I wish noone would have had to kill the Mikado ... I wish I could have given him lots of hugs :D.

My heart went out to them when reading this story, and I want to thank you, on behalf of it :D, for writing this. It really moved me, and I cherish stories that do that, no matter what others think their literary merit may or may not be. For me, those stories are the classics, the greats, the canon of emotionally touching me. 3

Arigatou gozaimasu!

MaxManuka.
Alika-Chan Yonsa chapter 20 . 9/9/2012
TT…. I almost cry ! You know, I begun reading your fanfic (three days ago) and each days, I couldn't stop me from reading three or four chapters ! I found surprising how you described the fights scenes, the emotions and respect of the personality of each characters ! I was feeling in the ambiance and I saw the movie of the fanfic in my head.

Great job ! It's the best fanfic on Seirei no Moribito that I have ever read.
Can I request something ? I speak French, and I want to translate your fanfic in French. I will put your link saying that you are the author of this fanfic. Seirei no Moribito it's the best anime for me. Thanks for the fanfic.

Alika-Chan )
Willeyy chapter 21 . 3/25/2012
All right, this is obviously a late review but Im praying you'll get an email and reply back somehow. I'll point out what I didn't like then I'll praise the story as much as I can.

One thing I didn't like, I'm being nitpicky here, is how Chagum responded to Shuga or Mon, especially after becoming Mikado. I felt he shouldn't have said 'Thanks' but rather 'Thank you.' It seemed pretty awkward that whoever was talking to him would be grateful to him and say My Lord after their spiel and then Chagum to be 'Thanks'. Again, I know I'm being nitpicky there, but it kinda bugged me. xD

Also, the pacing in the cave could've been drawn out more, but it's fine as it is.

Now, onto praise. I swear to goodness, this was the perfect ending. Balsa and Chagum's relationship with and without each other was captured so well..I honestly can't get over it. When they openly admitted they loved each other towards the end...my god that was positioned so well. I can't praise this story enough, I truly can't. I can completely say this is one of the greatest stories I've ever read, inside fanfiction and outside. Surely, people do say that a lot, but I really mean it.

I do hope you recieve an email for this review and I absoloutely look foward to more from you, especially in the Moribito universe. Even if it does take a few years, I'm looking foward to it. And please excuse any errors, this was typed on my phone. xD