Reviews for Vengeance
BeasCup chapter 35 . 5/18
I've been enjoying your story for a while now and have reallyyyyy been hoping to catch up to the last chapter because I am anxious to find out what has become of the resistance. I haven't really had the chance to get back into it till now and I feel like I need a refresher he he he so I think I will go back and skim a few chapters before resuming my reading. But, I still want post a review of my thoughts so far. First of all... There's so much sex! Im not saying its a bad thing, but I am a bit uncomfortable with the sex scenes. So I'm very grateful for the edited, toned down version of the scenes, but even those I find speeding through them.
Now I guess that whole sex talk brings me to comment about Puar. I cannot believe how much the relationship has progressed. I mean I am totally shocked that they ended up as mates. I could've sworn that the saiyan temper would've come out full force after finding out the truth. Lol I was cracking up when the truth had to come out in front of vegeta of all people hah! His no reaction-reaction and comment was golden.
On the other end, goku and Chichi's relationship from what I read so far has been more on the serious side. I was excited to see how you explored that side of goku, the man, the husband, the lover. This part of his personality is constantly neglected in fan fiction and you diving into it while still making goku feel in character had me intrigued. But it makes sense, all of it! All the times he left, no one ever challenged to win over his woman but this time, there was someone. Take that and the fact fact that he was in a slaver camp being tortured away.. It makes him appreciate his home with chichi, maybe in the way vegeta learned to appreciate his home with bulma and never left her side in cannon dbz. I'm sorry if my review is too long but I feel if I don't write what I want to say about your wonderful fic, I'll lose my train of thought.
Anyway thank you again for writing!
Crash22244 chapter 51 . 5/5
This story was Amazing! i was kept interested with all the characters, I can't wait for an update! So exciting.
abriel chapter 51 . 4/20
Update soon!
Harpokrates chapter 51 . 4/18
I stayed up until 3 am to catch up with this and I don't regret it at all. The way this story goes from tragic to hilarious is amazing, and I've never seen such amazing character development. Just when I start wondering what happened to a particular character, they show up and have some understated moment of development and its incredible. I'm also now very invested in the relationship between a monkey alien and a shapeshifting cat, and the blossoming romance between two lizard people, and I'm not sure how to feel about that. And even Freiza gets little moments of depth. The scene with the suicided underling was very good, and I felt something like pity for the horrible genocidal monster character.

In general, I tend to avoid het (especially het in shounen series), but I really like the way you handle those relationships. Chichi's insecurity and anger with Goku, and Bulma's guilt in being with Vegeta feel so realistic. This entire story just sort of melds the goofy dbz canon with a darker, more realistic look at the events that occur and its perfect.

That being said, I can't wait for the eventual conclusion to this story. I am 100% sure I'll end up doing some fist pump kind of thing, regardless of the outcome, just because of the overwhelming amounts of awesome.

Thank you!
BeasCup chapter 15 . 4/18
I've been reading this for a few days now. Usually I like to speed through the fanfics I find to know what happens next quicker, but I'm finding myself really enjoying taking my time with your writing. Your story line is complex and you've given depth to a couple of the characters that quickly disposed of in z and I'm really liking what you've done with them. This whole Radditz and Puar thing is such a crack couple that I'm fascinated by what may become of this pairing. I'm also wondering, is yamcha the only of the z warriors that died, or is chioutzu also a gonner? I'm also excited to see more of the androids. I did a quick skim through the reviews, and I saw a comment about 17! I can't wait to read what happens next so I will end my review here and be on my way back to reading, but not before thanking you. I'm grateful for you taking the time to continue to write for us readers. I may be late to the story but I'm just as happy to be reading all the same.
marveling chapter 51 . 4/18
Dear catgirl26,

Over the past few weeks I've been reading your fanfiction and was always looking forward to the hours with the fabulous crew of red station. I have to admit, I'm not good in writing reviews, but I had to tell you: You're doing an amazing job here! The characters are well and deeply designed, the plot is authentic and suspenseful, and your writing skills are just great. I've been enjoying every second of it. Please, keep up the hilarious work and don't give up! I definitly will be waiting for the next chapter - no matter how long it will take for you to update.

Sincerely yours,
marveling
Prl16 chapter 51 . 4/1
Awesome as always, Thank you for the update! :)
Piccolo is green chapter 51 . 3/28
I am very excited/concerned to see how this ki-draining crown works - hopefully there's no long-term side effects!

I love all of your chapters because they have the perfect mix of action and humour in them. Goku's whining had me grinning, because he sounds like every man who has ever come down with the 'man-flu'.

I'm glad the twins have found their stride among the other crew mates - there's something about 17 being a gardener/biologist that has me grinning from ear to ear - it suits him.

Bumping into Yul has me worried - I hope she doesn't rat them out at all, but it would make sense if she does.

The wedding is brilliant as well - I really like how these characters have brought their own cultures with them, and are maintaining these ceremonies/languages/practices out in space. It's very realistic to want to recreate what you can of home in a new setting.

Most of all, I just want to say how much your fic always brings a smile to my face. Even little details like the 'multilingual cursing' have me smiling - your story covers anything and everything, and it's so freakin awesome because of that.

On the personal side, I hope everything settles down for you - up in the air is never fun. I'll be waiting patiently until the next update - take all the time you need. :)
MalachiteFlames chapter 51 . 3/25
Why oh whyyyyyy didn't I expect the ending? AAAAHHHH! Oh my god I love this story. This was a really good chapter.

I enjoied the dragonball tale. That's some neat reasoning why they just can't make dragonballs where ever they want. I really like the idea of the planet having to accept the position of hoast, too.

As always, I love the scenes with 18. Ironic and fitting that she noticed her own sarcasm before Bulma's mom. Heck, I'm not even quite sure B's mom even noticed, but I'd like to think there's more under there than just ditsyness. hahaha

Oh man oh man oh man. I like the ki suppressing ring, too. You have such wonderful ideas! You describe things so well, its like I'm watching TV.

Also, omg I so adore this typo. "pushed her safety googles"

Great, great chapter, and take all the time you need. I don't want this to end. I'm happy to wait as long as it takes you. Sounds weird I know, but this is just such a good story, I like the prolonged wait between chapters. It makes me enjoy them that much more!

Thanks for writing and sharing
MAL
nancy103 chapter 51 . 3/25
Exciting! And a cliffhanger, too!
I am curious to see if there will be a problem for 18 and the gang and getting off the planet. If they are followed, that won't be good.
And of course Radittz would snicker! LOL!
Thanks for updating and hope things are getting better for you.
Luke chapter 50 . 3/25
Don't get the bid deal. They have Dende can do surgery while Dende heals can slowly remove the scarring.
dragonbabezee chapter 51 . 3/24
I think I might've accidentally reviewed as guest, and I can't see my review anyway, I wonder what went wrong? Anyway, as I said there, I do wish that Dende would make some new dragonballs! I know he has no experience and other reasons not to. I also share Dende's worry about what Vegeta would do with dragonballs. Unlike Vegeta in canon, this Vegeta hasn't suffered the same extent of defeat and humiliation, and the only being that he knows of that is more powerful that himself is Frieza. Without being forcefed those fat servings of humble pie and being constrained somewhat by Goku being the more powerful fighter, this Vegeta seems more dangerous and ambitious. I worry about what he'll do if he does defeat Frieza. I wonder what Bulma would do if Vegeta started doing things really morally reprehensible? Their relationship can work right now because their medium term goal is the same - kill Frieza. After that...?

It's kind of sad to see Goku so frustrated and humbled too. It's interesting, because after watching all of Dragonball and DragonballZ I would've said that Goku was a humble character already. But after reading what you're putting him though, I'm beginning to think maybe he wasn't. At all. In fact, kind of the opposite, as he always though he was worth the same as everyone he met, even great masters, gods and princes. And in your story you've gone and taken away the one thing that Goku was really good at - fighting - and he can't handle that! It's as if being able to fight really well was what gave Goku that boldness and egalitarian attitude towards everyone, and now that he can't he doesn't see himself as having value, and he's desperate to get it back. Next would be a revelation that he undervalues everyone that can't fight. Bulma was pretty gentle in her prodding, I think.

I was dying to know if 17 was wearing his bedazzled workshirt in the garden still!
Nooooooo! Cliffhanger!

Yeah, Dende, just make some dragonball already, stop quibbling! And don't tell Vegeta about it! One thing about this Vegeta is that he hasn't suffered the real humiliations and defeats that cannon Vegeta did, and there's no one that he knows of who is stronger than he except Frieza, so his ego is worryingly larger and more ambitious and scary. What the heck is going to happen when/if he defeats Frieza, I don't know, but I'm not sure it will be the age of freedom and prosperity the galaxy is longing for.
Lady Lan chapter 51 . 3/24
Between the talk of settling down and dragonballs, Yul running into the group again, and the completion of the ki-draining circlet there seems to be a lot of threads getting ready to wrap up. And even though I know plot! is important, I kind of feel like this has become a character-driven dramedy and I DON’T WANT IT TO END.

Although I know it must, eventually, the road has just been too fun and I feel so invested in this setting and these characters. I find quite often that several of their back stories, personalities, and the mannerisms you’ve written to slip into the way I read and write DBZ fiction, and even when I remind myself that it’s a Vengeance trope and not necessarily canon, I end up not caring because I like the way you’ve dealt with and explained things better. And besides, Puar and Radditz should forever be a fanon couple because it’s pure genius.

Mostly, however, it’s things like the way you’ve dealt with 18. I think it’s spot-on, from the way she views the world around her and the way she’s going about her relationships. It’s the best characterization I’ve read yet, and I really think you’ve got it perfectly. Krillin is the luckiest bastard and the poorest sap there ever was, and I love every second of it.

As for the opener - I’m with Goku. Needles make me queasy, even just reading about them. Especially when you do such a wonderful job with the imagery. Yuuuck. :D

I also like the small details you’ve slipped in like Bulma’s mom wanting SO badly to plan a wedding (hintnudgeshove?), and I adore the added science-y bits in dealing with Goku’s health, the ship, and the narrative while Bulma's wrapping up the circlet. All too often we (not you, obviously) get lazy and Bulma is ‘tinkering’ about because who the heck knows what she’s really doing? But you’ve lent this plot a lot credibility by bothering to elaborate.

As for the ki draining technology, I’m a bit torn. On the one hand, with Vegeta’s struggle toward Super Saiyan and all the training and drama built up around The Fight, it seems a bit easy to slap something on his head and kill him super quickly. On the other, how amazing would it be if BULMA were central to his defeat? I have been going back and forth on this since I initially read this chapter and I am no closer to deciding which ending I’d prefer. Honestly, whatever way you go will be amazing. (Just so long as it doesn’t end in total and complete failure. After all this struggle it would be a bit of a let-down for Vegeta to struggle to get the thing to work and then BAM die in the process. Although I’m 99.99% positive that wasn’t the ending you had in store. :)

I tend to a get a bit rambly (but I haven’t had a chance to review this in over a year!) so I will end by saying that I adored the last scene - the Saiyan interaction, the way they mesh with and tease, protect and respect Bulma, all the nervous excitement building up to the cliffhanger, and finally, how that even though it’s been ages no matter how long you go between updates it feel seamless.
One of your fans chapter 51 . 3/23
I forgot you JUST updated this, so as soon as I saw the chapter was over, I tried to hit 'Next.'

My face: u_u

THE POINT: your writing has always kept me in suspense. It still does. Looking forward to the next chapter. _