Reviews for Balance
Blaze1992 chapter 2 . 21h
Just one word to describe all the things harry got and how OP he's gonna become. That word is DAMN! also nice touch with the founders and him owning Hogwarts.
himalay1729 chapter 2 . 1/30
Giving Harry all those vaults does seem a bit excessive.
himalay1729 chapter 1 . 1/30
A few comments. Plot line is interesting and writing style is nice. But you have this habit of using descriptive words for harry always. This doesn't make for a pleasant reading. Also, I can understand harry learning maths or physics to a high standard, child prodigy do exist. But him working out the philosophical implication of an isolated culture doesn't make much sense. Maths or Physics or even music have some structure to them, but not philosophy. And harry having to do the chores and stuff doesn't give him enough time to be well read. You have given hints to speed reading etc. But the time is just too short.

Of course, these are my personal opinions. You are entitled to write your own story however you want to. :)
PappyOldGuy chapter 18 . 1/13
OK, WOW!
One hell of a read!
Fan-DAM-tastic!

I simply cannot say enough good things about the writing of stargatesg1fan1. I first started reading his/your story "Beginning a New Path" late last year, with my having stumbled across the "FanFiction" world of writers and readers. I have been bouncing around reading all kinds of things from all kinds of writers, but his/your stories are at the top of my list of favorites. The realities and images your stories bring to life are incredible, I like them very much. I now know that I shall go on to read all the stories written by stargatesg1fan1, it my/probability will take some time, but I know I will enjoy it tremendously!

Again, "Thank You" so much for sharing!
zanzel chapter 1 . 12/31/2015
too much analogies\metaphors to Harry's name for my taste. is whole text like this?
Armageddonfish chapter 1 . 12/31/2015
gotta say, it was very difficult to make it past the first few chapters, mainly because of how you kept referring to harry in so many ways changing it every time. It got very irritating, but that could just be me.
starstrike141 chapter 18 . 12/3/2015
loved the story
thx
Master of Dragons God chapter 1 . 11/26/2015
Interesting
StoneTheLoner chapter 3 . 11/10/2015
I found the forced advancement of Hermoine's abilities to be almost painful. I ended up skipping most of it, as it was full of weird logic, and it wasn't at all internally consistent. Harry's fast advancement made sense to me, because coupled with his occlumency, he has the necklace that speeds his reading and comprehension skills. Hermione DOES NOT have the same advantage. While the occlumency will give her amazing memory recall, she doesn't have the advantage of a magical comprehension boosting artifact. So I find the idea that in a single year Hermoine will be at uni level silly. You've seriously dug yourself a gaping plot-hole though. If being skilled in occlumency is such a gigantic advantage, then do they really stand a chance against people who have had it for decades? If Dumbledore's skill increased at the same rate Harry's did after he learned occlumency, then Harry frankly has no chance.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/21/2015
I thought your fic sucked but I had to give you credit in that if you are going to suck you might as well be the very worst.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/8/2015
You make a great plot and shit, but that weird speech thing ruins this for me and probably everyone else.
SaintMichael95 chapter 18 . 9/17/2015
Absolutely amazing story! I'm totally going to speed read the sequel now.
ThomasNealy chapter 1 . 9/6/2015
This was a good start I love HP/SG fics.

The jade orbed intuitive learner - That was a mouth full. I swear my eyes crossed reading that. Just out of curiosity do you plan out names like that or are they just something that flows out when you wright?
Bad Wolf chapter 8 . 8/22/2015
By the way. I remember somewhere you saying that you aren't good with dialogue. I have to disagree. From what dialogue I've seen in this story so far you do have good dialogue, it's just the rules of parsing it that you have some trouble with. You don't need quotes around every sentence if a person is saying more than one sentence in a row. Also, two people do not have dialogue in the same paragraph. Here's a little example of how to parse it.

Harry looked over at Sirius. "I don't know what you are talking about," he replied.

Sirius smirked right back at his godson. "I'm sure you don't."

Anyway, good story and you do good work. Just thought I would throw a little constructive criticism your way to help out. You want to make sure never to use anything you read in fan fic as an example of writing/grammar/syntax/parsing etc. My love of fan fics had me making such mistakes when I took actual writing classes. But yeah, keep up the good work.
Bad Wolf chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
Know this... I love this story. This is my fourth time rereading it so that should prove it.

That said... There is one thing that just annoys me so much I sometimes really want to delete the story from my brain after reading just the first few paragraphs.

WAY TOO MANY different names/titles/descriptors etc for Harry. The potter heir, the potter male, the young potter, the messy haired youth, the green eyed youth, the teleporter, the shapeshifter, etc etc etc and so on and so many variations of the above etc. No matter how accurate and/or well placed they are, they are still TOO many and TOO varied. Use his name, possibly a nickname or descriptor ONCE IN A WHILE, pick a set of pronouns, and stick with it.

Sorry, had to be said. If I remember correctly, this issue isn't quite AS bad in the following chapters, but it's especially annoying and enraging in this chapter because it seems to happen every other sentence. It makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a rusty spoon, eat them, and then disembowel myself.

Before you consider deleting this review outright, remember my very first line. All that hate I just spewed... And yet I still come back to this story time and again. I love the rest of the story that much.