Reviews for Chrono Break
Seraph Silver chapter 40 . 4/3/2014
I have spent the last week re-reading this story, and I have to tell you how wonderful this is. Absolutely fantastic! I only wish I were articulate enough to express how much this tale moved me. Incredible work here, I thought all of the characters were perfect, and the revelation at the end as well. Masterfully done!
greg1982 chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
This story is bullshit! Chrono was a good guy, and he sure would have not been killed so easily by a few guns.
Zipp Dementia chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
Kyle, if you proceed to actually read the story, you'll see that Chrono does speak. Quite a lot.
Kyle chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
Nothing against you or your work but I am not reading this personally because I prefer Chrono to speak and like it when authors give him conversations.

The stories I have read have done it pretty well like the new one Chrono Lock.
HikariGaijin chapter 4 . 7/20/2012
Just out of curiosity, how long have you been writing? This work is very professional, even if it is just to fill in a gap of a well loved story.
Elz Durden chapter 5 . 11/19/2011
I was going to get to the end before reviewing but I can't. This is a touch of utter brilliance. The descriptions, the conflict chrono feels at how to best serve his people - oh I love this.
downwithheartless chapter 40 . 7/24/2011
Well, your epic comes to a close. This really is a wonderful piece of fiction, and if you didn't need to already know so many Chrono-specific details while reading, I would have recommended it to any of my fellow fiction readers.

Like Shade40 said, it would be hard to top something like this, but I gurantee I will read every chapter of a new story. Thank you for filling my life with this story!
Shade40 chapter 40 . 7/10/2011
So that's the end.

Congratulations! I hope you feel proud and pleased with this splendid and impressive work. I could understand it if you said that you don't plan on writing another story, since it would be hard to top such an epic, but I do hope that you continue writing. It has been a pleasure.

Shade40 chapter 39 . 7/10/2011
Brilliant! Why WOULDN'T I have expected you to use some mind-twisting time paradox to neatly wrap your story with a big bow? Of course, that makes me want to re-read everything, to see what hints you laid on the way, but I think that will have to wait until we have an ending. Initially, I thought that William had found himself in an alternate reality, such as in Chrono Cross, but you probably found that concept too simple and quaint.

I also get an answer to my question of "Whose voice is Nadia hearing?" The idea that the voice was that of Marle, which really was just an assumed name, isn't nonsensical when I think about it. People often take on different roles and act in different ways, much as actors do. One side of her was speaking up, and she had to decide who she was going to be.
Cody the Impaler chapter 40 . 7/5/2011
Wonderful job, Zipp! There's almost a brief short story that could go with that ending, I have to confess.
downwithheartless chapter 39 . 6/30/2011
Wow. I was wondering how Bill could possibly be Crono and Nadia's son if their child was born already dead. I feel foolish for forgetting the very thing that made Chrono Trigger so legendary: time travel. Bill did exactly what Crono did; he went to change the past in the hope of a good future. However, while it seems that Crono merely stopped an event that was already in motion, Bill caused one to happen. It's what Doreen was warning against all those chapters ago. What a tragedy! And all because of a Gate. The Entity has much to answer for...

I like how Bill grew to like the man he had grown up knowing as his evil father, and how he had almost stopped himself from killing Crono. It added a human touch to Bill's character.

Although I now know the "He" Melchior warned of is Bill, what did he mean by, "He's back"? How could Melchior have known Bill's story?

Epilogue, please!
Shade40 chapter 38 . 6/19/2011
A nice opening description of Nadia and her old clothing. Detailed and serious, but not boring. In fact, this whole chapter had a particularly nice blend of physical description, inner dialogue, and flashes of the past.

I still don't really understand whether this 'extra' voice Nadia hears is just her own thoughts going against what she wishes she were thinking, or if they have some other meaning. The only explanation I can think of is that Nadia has some psychological disorder, causing her to hear voices, which she has kept to herself and learned to cope with.

And what a good cliffhanger! Judging by your writing so far, I will not be surprised if you move on to another character for the next chapter, leaving us in suspense. Though (please forgive me if I'm forgetting something that I should NOT have forgotten, since the story has been going on for a long time), I didn't think Nadia and Crono had a child. So 'Mother' may mean some weird, complicated time paradox or accident has taken place. Or is is just pure sarcasm. Well, I'll soon see.
Cody the Impaler chapter 38 . 6/16/2011
Hey, Zipp,

Good job as always! I will be interested to hear the final confrontation with Bill. I've been thinking about this some. I wonder just what kind of person he is?
downwithheartless chapter 38 . 6/9/2011
"Hello, Mother."

What a cliffhanger! I mean, holy crap! Zipp, you better write the next chapter quick!
downwithheartless chapter 37 . 4/20/2011
I am very, very curious as to what Nadia is going to do... Obviously, she isn't completely stable, since she appears to have lost some control of her ice powers... Oh, what's going to happen...

Excellent job comparing the warmth of the machine to the cold of Nadia's hands at the end of the chapter.

I sense that the relative calm of this chapter is going to disappear soon...