Reviews for Close Encounters
Truckee Gal chapter 1 . 5/17
Out of the mouths of babes, a particularly precocious babe, Rhett's signature moustache is born. Most hilarious was young Katie not wanting to write a latter so she conveniently doesn't tell him.
This was one of the most marvelous wanted things I’ve ever read! Imagine! Them meeting so early. Thanks so much, I really hope you write more. Are there any other stories out there where he meets Scarlett as a child ?
brandosiren chapter 3 . 10/22/2015
Oh my God, this was breathtaking! The line Rhett said to Ashley about not letting him be a martyr actually made me gasp! nfrejwgt43eg i enjoyed this so much i cant form words
brandosiren chapter 2 . 10/22/2015
Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow! I'm so extremely impressed by this! Not only was it extremely interesting and well-written, but your Rhett is so, so fascinating to me that I do not doubt for a second that this happened in the GWTW canon. Absolutely loved it, thank you so much for writing! I know I'll come back to this piece again for years to come.
brandosiren chapter 1 . 10/22/2015
I loved this! You write Rhett so well, it was completely enjoyable.
VanessaHolliday chapter 1 . 1/13/2015
LOVE all three chapters...BRILLIANT back story of Rhett's life: seeing him in key points in his life (such as his 20 y-o self taking a last tour of his hometown after being banished by his father, his 25 y-o self in his first serious relationship w a woman, his mid 30s self in love for first time, his late 30s self getting ready to marry Scarlett) that provide so much more insight into who he is, and. what made him the way he is. Enjoyed #3 from Ashley's POV but wish we could also read Rhett's POV on their engagement / wedding / honeymoon period. PRETTY PLEASE!
RozaM chapter 3 . 6/12/2013
Just amazing!) Thank you:)
Firth'sDarcy chapter 3 . 12/8/2012
The saddest part about this chapter was when Ashley notices Rhett daydreaming - I imagined he was fantacizing about Scarlett eventually falling for him as he gives her everything she wants, not knowing how miserable he would be. Ugh, this is even more depressing than the actual story. Also, kudos to you for being able to get me through an Ashley chapter. i usually just skip those...i truly dislike his character, not just for the obvious reasons, but because i believe him to be useless. And to think that he used Rhett's words to convince Scarlett to turn him away from her bed! Horrible!

so...were you planning on continuing this? It's been 3 years...all in all, fantastic work. I don't usually have much patience for fics that are so much lacking in actual Scarlett.
Firth'sDarcy chapter 2 . 12/8/2012
I started off this chapter annoyed that there was another woman, but by the end i have to say it must be my favourite chapter I've ever read by you. Even with the lack of Scarlett, the foreshadowing at the beginning and, more importantly, having Rhett admit out loud to someone his near-obsession with Scarlett made this chapter worth it. I'm a little upset that we didn't get to see Rhett react to Scarlett the first time...did he realize they'd bet before? I wish you'd update this story! it's been 3 years!
Firth'sDarcy chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
On to story 2 by you...

I'm loving this idea! I never thought of what it'd be like to have them meet at the turning point in Rhett's life. I love, love, love that he's already letting her influence him even after promising himself to not let anyone's desires come before his own. Their interaction was adorable, Scarlett isn't much different from how she is when she's 16. lol! which speaks to her character gloriously. Thank goodness Rhett got a moustache!
Nostalgia10 chapter 3 . 10/1/2011
This story is one of the best written stories about Rhett's background it takes us in a journey of how his character develoPed over the years in a way that is so in character. I loved the confrontation with Ashley . God knows we all wanted it badly and it was smart enough for a reserved character as Rhett butler. I loved Maria so insightful and the kind of woman yoy can see young rhett attracted to. I cant say i was that taken by him meeting 5-year-old scarlet but it was cute nonetheless. I know it has been a Lon time since you updated this story but I just found it and think it is really original thank you for sharing such a great piece
Lienka chapter 3 . 4/22/2011
Loved it! please write more chapters, please!
Li'l Milk Glass Chicky chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
I think this chapter alone is one of my most favorite things I've read in GWTW fanfiction. Fancy that, a chance that Scarlett and Rhett might have actually crossed paths earlier on in their lives and didn't even know it. Of course Scarlett was just as bewitching as a child.

- Rhett marveled at this little creature's moral compass-or lack thereof. - Lol.

Lol at Scarlett pointing out that Rhett was 'still a boy' because he didn't have any facial hair.

Yep, there would be another day when he'd see the child and find out her 'favorite' name, only he wouldn't realize it. Ha.

- Rhett found himself becoming inordinately annoyed at his efforts being brushed off so carelessly. - And all those years later, he'd become frustrated by so many other things she did.

Ah, if he'd only known how this little imp would one day be quite the adventure for him!

A real Georgia peach of a read. )
isolabella chapter 3 . 3/7/2010
I'm obviously very late to the party in reading and reviewing this, but better late than never, right? I love everything you write and this was no exception. It was tremendous in every way possible-very well-written, funny in parts, sad in others. This is a really inadequate review to express how much I enjoyed it, but I hope it suffices to say I just loved it.
Kelly Melly chapter 3 . 2/2/2010
So...I just finished reading all of these lovely little one shots and...I am in love :) I loved your writing...the creativeness of the stories...just really amazing :)

I don't really read GWTW fanfics any more, but this one made me curious and I am so glad it did :) Great work :)