Reviews for Backflips
Stray Sentinel chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
You did a good job of injecting emotion into the moment. I really felt Ty-lee's excitement and Azula's frustration. They both flow naturally. My only nit-pick is that there's not much description of the scenery, but I'm unsure if you could add it without ruining the emotion.
bigger infinities chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
This was a nice little drabble. Azula's drive for perfection is shown well here; no matter what it is, she wants to be perfect. Perfect at firebending, perfect at backflips... it's all the same to her.

And she does it all to please her father, because she thought her mother didn't want her. It was actually quite amazing how much emotion I got from this, even though it was very short... you did a very good job with it. :D

~Icelyn
Thyra-TigerLily chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
Short and sweet.

I like how you explored Azula's character. Especially for a short humer fic. A lot of people tend to let the characters become really OOC, which you didn't.

You're writing style is also good. Nomally when people write in only short sentences I don't like it, but you do it in a way that isn't annoying.

I really liked the last lines, good job!

Thyra-TigerLily.
Ruby-Red Revenge chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
Oh, that's really good! :D
eatpandas.rawr chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
This reminds me of comedic poetry.

Well written and you write the difference and simalarities in the two girls very well.
NeshemaAnneRyoko chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I would really like to read what else you have planned for this story. I am a big fan of Avatar the last air bender
Wildcard999 chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
The first thing I notice about this fic is that your sentences are really short. REALLY short. In fact, it almost reads like a list of events.

Is it Ty Lee or Ty-Lee? You keep switching back and forth.

/She is not fazed by their differences now. This moment solely belongs to her./

You need to connect these sentences to the ones before them to show how they relate. Most people would choose the word 'but'.

/Azula’s arms and legs ache. Dirt decorates her face and hides under her nails. Fury courses through her veins./

I like those two sentences. There's a lot of imagery there. Your other sentences should take a lesson, although these lines still deserve to stand out against them, so I wouldn't add as much to the other sentences. Still, I think you could do with a little more imagery in the rest of this fic.

/Young Azula is in her prime. She’s starting to master the art of firebending; soon, she will move on to the complexities of bending lightning.

…And yet, she cannot do a single back flip./

This is a great finish. Really nice. I like it!

XD This was SO funny! I liked how you compared Azula and Ty Lee in this fic and reversed their roles. Azula really needed to be taken down a peg. ;D

Nice work!
Phantom x Phan chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
Ah, this is a great little one-shot. I love the last few lines!

You did this well! Easy to understand, not too complex, and just a simple, little, funny one-shot!

Amazing.

-Regan.

Of Phantom x Phan

Bethany C. MacKenzie chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
...LOL at that last line. XD

You know what? I don't know how you do this, it's just...amazing. The style you write in-short sentences, but all knives...if you get what I mean [:D]. And it's perfect for a humor story like this; if it drags on too long nothing will be funny anymore. This, though, is just right . I do feel kinda bad for Azula, though. XD

- Beth.
Rising Dusk chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Short and sweet. Like I thought. It wasn't bad, Dani, but you're right. It could use a bit more. :P

Still. It was good.