Reviews for Selfish Pain
CSINYBabyy chapter 3 . 7/26/2009
Sad, but good. Update soon.
Colie04 chapter 3 . 6/2/2009
I absolutely loved this chapter! I loved seeing Lindsay interact with Lucy. I like how you described how she was feeling about going to the funeral & her fears about being a good mother. You showed that even though the man who killed her friends was put away it still affects her from time to time especially when a fellow coworker is killed. She may have been able to move on but it is something she'll never forget.

Now I love reading how Danny interacts with his daughter! I have to say the thought of him putting a dress on his little girl is too adorable for words.

Fantastic job! I just love this story. Looking forward to reading the next chapter!
fatkat chapter 3 . 5/26/2009
Reviewing 2 chapters at once (sorry!) - You've brought me to tears in both of these chapters. I love the relationship Danny and Lindsay each have with their daughter, and with each other. Really liked the D/L conversation on the kitchen floor in the last chapter. That was just perfect! Really appreciate the humor you inject into each chapter as well. Just enough to smile through the tears! Chapter 3 - a sexy, masculine husband that puts the bloomers on backward! LOL absolutely love it!
laurzz chapter 3 . 5/25/2009
Wow.

Just - wow.

I really am so obsessed with this story. Yes. Obsessed. I read it this morning and have been wrapped up in it all day.

Really, your characterisations are amazing. You managed to do both Danny AND Lindsay in the same chapter with Lucy in their own little scenario, and do it effortlessly.

But Lindsay with Lucy - wow. Truly - I love that - actually, i'm in awe of it. Truly. I wish I could put something together half as good as this chapter. Despite the simplicity of the content and what not - it spoke volumes. Lindsay bonding with her little girl - Lindsay talking through the issues she's going through.

Danny coming home to his wife naked. Must be his lucky day- he did a good deed today - what did he do? Help an old lady across the road with her shopping?

If only it wasn't under lightly circumstances :( Poor Angell.

I love the realism you've got in here - how Lindsay is finding it hard to cope. I can't get over how fantastic it is!

Bravo! I'm really looking forward to the next update!
JavaJunkie4evr chapter 3 . 5/25/2009
That was amazing! :)

I loved the things Lindsay told Lucy and how she just watched her.

And Danny was absolutely adorable. I loved him dressing Lucy.

The funeral is going to be very emotional. Can't wait to read it.
swfap88 chapter 3 . 5/25/2009
great chapter
afrozenheart412 chapter 3 . 5/25/2009
Darn it! No more crying! But then I hit the part with Lindsay talking about Don and Jess holding Lucy...and the waterworks start flowing. It was a beautiful image you painted with them watching her holding Lucy. I love these lines "It is important to me that I let you get to know me and be honest with you." and "anny didn’t want to blow anything out of proportion but he was going to keep paying attention. He wasn’t going to let things unravel like it had to them in the past." That is good, if he always remembers they won't make the same mistakes. The emotions in this chapter are beautiful with Lindsay pouring her feelings out to Lucy, and Danny watching his family to make sure they are alright. Great job! Also LOVED the little bit of humor you put in with naked Lindsay and Lucy's tights. Tights on a baby, yeah that will work. :D
Elja chapter 3 . 5/25/2009
Great job on this story so far! Really enjoying it :)
gwen24 chapter 3 . 5/25/2009
that was very well done. you dealt with Lindsay's feelings brilliantly.;)

*patiently waits for more*
afrozenheart412 chapter 2 . 5/24/2009
You do not know how much it pleases me to see that Danny wouldn't let her deal with this on her own. He wouldn't let her go.

"Danny I’ve been there. I have watched as people who knew nothing about my friends sob in grief and I have heard people whisper how I ‘used’ what happened to me to get special treatment. I have spent years hiding what happened to me because people react so differently I never know what to expect" These lines are so true, seeing people grieve for kids they didn't even know, and then turning their fingers and blaming Lindsay is so wrong.

But I'm glad she is going to be getting help, and who could be accused of being crazy for marrying Danny? I would say that is a sane and wise decision. Favorite lines "Lindsay heard the sincerity in his voice. She heard the love. She heard hope." and "Nite Linds. I love you too, every crazy inch of you." He was doing so well. First off, I only saw one error and as for the mix up, I think it plays better this way as a second chapter, after they came home and went to bed.
deviousnsinning chapter 2 . 5/17/2009
I was so glad when I saw a new story from you this morning and I'm even happier to learn it's going to be a multi-chaptered fic. :)

I love what you've got so far and you're doing a great job of conveying their emotions, especially Lindsay's. I noticed her reaction in the episode when she saw the blood on the floor of the diner and her explanation to Danny about how similar it was to what had happened to her back in Montana was so nicely done.

I can't wait to read more of this!
gwen24 chapter 2 . 5/17/2009
this was really great. you portrayed their emotions really well. it was all realistic and you reminded of what i thought when i watched the episode, there was this look from Lindsay when she saw the blood.

very good job.;)
southerngurl1227 chapter 2 . 5/17/2009
Whoa. I don't check the site for awhile and I come back to see you've got what? ... A multi-chapter story?

No, my eyes did not deceive and your words did not disappoint!

You did a great job voicing fears and plain old feelings - seemlingly some of the hardest things to do in our lives when it comes down to it. And I secretly love when Danny turns into a bit of a mushball when it comes to his girls. That fiercely protective and more than sweetly loyal side is something I'd like to see more often! He was a bit sigh worthy in this one.

Fantastic as always, and I assume we get more? :)

Paula :)
FoxPhile chapter 2 . 5/17/2009
This is simply phenomenal. You may not have intended the two chapters to go together, but they fit. And the first gives so much more meaning to the second that it would be a shame to separate them.

I love how you handled Danny & Lindsay talking. I wondered about Lindsay's reaction to the blood in the diner, and I'm sorry to admit I never made the connection. (Bad fan! Bad, bad fan!) Thanks for doing that for me!

Any chance you could be talked into continuing this? I'd love to see more.
laurzz chapter 2 . 5/17/2009
You know, you could have totally turned that round - not mentioned a thing, and people would have thought it was simply a twoshot. I know I did - and still didn't realise what you meant till your review reply! LOL - i was just quite happily reading another post from you. You honestly finished the last chapter in a place that made complete sense as to why you ended it there, (at least I think so) and it gave this chapter a perfect emphasis on Danny being there for Lindsay.

Honestly, I genuinely believe you were supposed to do it like that because the first half of the chapter would have taken away from this absolutely fantastic ending. I swear. And I'm not just being nice. I think it was just simply perfect.

Really? What is it going to take for me to convince you that these stories you're posting are nothing short of amazing. You should go and read some of my first stories - they were horrific. If this is your first time writing, I'm jealous - I literally squee when I see something from you. I just hope you gain some confidence soon! You really are a fantastic writer.

I think the talk that Danny and Lindsay had was so powerful I can't really muster up anything to say. The idea and image of her wrapped in his arms and him keeping her safe is incredible. And probably exactly what she needed.

I loved the honesty and realism you portrayed in this - not everything is sunshine and rainbows, (sometimes like how I write them) and this was fantastic! He's her husband and they're both new at this and I think you wrote them dealing with their marriage perfectly. Yeah they're shits to each other, but also, they can deal with it and reign the other in and support them when they need to be supported.

And you showed all of this and you didn't even know whether you liked it?

I refuse to believe that. Have a little faith in yourself! These stories of yours are fantastic, and even if you don't think so - you can only get better.

Give it time - it will come. And keep writing. I need a fix!