Reviews for The Best Laid Plans
Jennifer C chapter 1 . 12/20/2020
That was nice and funny, thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/1/2019
Wow. Great surprise twist at the end. Worthy of the author O. Henry, who became world famous for twists in short stories. Bravo. By the way, you also have an unusual ability to write pre-school age characters well. I am impressed.
Mary Potter chapter 1 . 9/23/2018
Poor Andromeda.
Ellaria Vale chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
Absolutely loved it; you got me at the end! I was upset that Andromeda would end up being such a little Muggle hater, so I love that you turned it onto Narcissa. BEAUTIFUL piece of SSHG!
OspreyEmblem chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
oooooh! Twisty!
Roberly chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
I very much enjoyed the references to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Absolutely fantastic. And the twist at the end was delightful, although it makes me worry about the health of other people in the future.
Seyfert chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Loved it!

I suspected Narcissa from the beginning, and was surprised when everything pointed out to Tonks... I'm glad my suspicions weren't so off in the end ;)

I'm surprised this story doesn't have more reviews, it has all the right ingredients (flying spaghetti monster included) and a brilliant execution... In any case, I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Hit the ground running chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
I LOVED this. When the first guy died, I assumed it was his muggle bit-of-skirt, what with the very crude method of his death. I realised I was wrong after Kingsley's second in command got taken out (in a rather funny way, I might add). I was really shocked when it appeared to be Andromeda, and actually gasped when it turned out to be Narcissa. On top of that, she got away scot free! I am starting to question J K Rowling's method of name choosing. Do all the members of the house of Black have to have ridiculous names? But enough incessant rambling, I really enjoyed this story, and it was quite refreshing from the other fanfictions that throw Snape -and quite often Hermione- out of character. Good Job!
Chris chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Brilliant! I'm surprised that you didn't get dozens of gushing reviews because the story warrants them. As far as concrit goes I noticed some excess verbiage, "meticulousness" for example is a little heterodox imho, but I loved your story, it was extremely clever and very funny. Cheers!
anne-writes chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
this was fantastic!

two comments: the part where he's just stepped out of the shower is tricky because she never seems to take her clothes off, and in addition it's unclear how they wind up in her bed. and also, i wish we could have seen severus' reaction when she comes back; as-is, it's a bit unsatisfying.

but this is very well-written, well done.
Callisti chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Creepy... but GOOD.
Witchy-grrl chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
LOL I was hoping that was the twist! After all, if Andromeda married a Muggleborn, it SHOULD be a bit suspicious that she would target these people, Black!madness or not.

::shakes head:: But anyway, I LOVE your style of writing. Absolutely adore it! The tongue-in-cheek storytelling combined with a brilliantly laid-out plot and a twist to characters we love and adore it's genius, really. :P Definitely adding you to my Fav Authors list! :D
mo112 chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Highly entertaining. I like the way your style changes with the setting, from the long, winding sentences like decorative garlands in describing the social event at Malfoy Manor to to the brisk, matter-of-fact language in the Auror department and perhaps another change when the story shfts to Hermione's flat.

Well done, thank you!

Are you planning to write something longer? I would very much like to read.
pstibbons chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
Whoever thought a murder story could be funny? (Other than anyone who reads detective stories, but never mind that.)

Best lines:

“Fuck,” said the Minister, whose reputation for concision was well-deserved.

He thus took her hand, if not in matrimony, at least in the kind of unholy fondling that usually follows the aforementioned ceremony.

from his experience, children were not unlike plants in that they needed a lot of tender nurturing for a longish period of time before they were fit to be cut off, shredded, and turned into potions ingredients.

He could remember a few anecdotes from their Order years. Unless he was grossly mistaken, and he seldom was, this was the perfect opportunity to reminisce… his voice drifted on, and Teddy listened without a noise, mouth half-open, fascinated by the tales of his heroic mother and by the strangely clad, oddly reassuring wizard that retold it all for his benefit.

It was a perfect opportunity, Mistress’s blood traitor of a sister could be Imperio’ed into confessing that one too.
Tess chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
I loved reading this story, you have a great way with words. The introduction reminded me of the style of writing of Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy), great!