Reviews for Lullaby
Angelique Jane chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
Why is it so much fun whumping McKay...

I loved this story! It was very realistic, and definitely captured the reader's attention. The ending is especially great.

Thank you for posting this!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
Please continue :)
Alerix Slynn chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
I'm totally jealous...in a good way :) I love all of your stories, they're just so perfectly written.
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
The turn around in this story is terrific. The beauty at the end as well is stunning. Just realised I could visualise it all perfectly as I read! Nothing like being totally swept away by a story. :-)
michelel72 chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Og. Bugs under the skin? As (part of) a *reward*? eyyaarrggh! To be honest, I hope he flays them alive with condemnation when he wakes ... but then, I grew up around folk who got nonsensical "insight" from drugs and have trouble respecting anyone who would pressure anyone else into such an experience - especially one that starts so painfully and disorientingly! Regardless, your descriptions are remarkably powerful.
Kaizoku-Taii chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Wow, pretty spectacular... Would have liked too "see" the insect (as in, had it explained more), just summit constructive rather than useless compliments ]
Gypsy Lupin-Black chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
AHH! Bugs totally squick me! But I couldnt stop reading. Sucked me in and chewed me up and left me as wrung out and McKay, here. Good job!
JeannieWood chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Eww! Very cool though, and I would love to see a second chapter. :D
angw chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
A very interesting story. I like how you interwove his memories of the others with this experience. And what a different custom to get his gift...really good.
gabumon chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
has to be on of the weridest stories i've read but good!
lily moonlight chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Strange is good! Never apologise for strange XD Or for character damage too of course... A sensible and serious review here. Promise. I am happy with your updates :P Poor Rodney! What has this poor guy done to face your pen of peril? You really have to do an SGA / CSI NY crossover, if nothing else for the sheer quantity of capital letters involved. sorry, rambling. Serious review. This is not any reflection on your writing, which is fantastic as always. i love how you write dark and sinister, and mysterious. Beautiful descriptions as always too, and I'm engaging with the characters. These lines really stood out for me, 'All his thoughts were laid out before him, meshed irrevocably together, allowing him to pick out patterns which had previously never occurred to him. Ideas buzzed in his head – ones which he would never have considered normally, but now seemed so simple and obvious, when looked at in the right way.'

I really like the style; it's different, but unique and very effective. The italics are great, give a sense of distance and deteachment, and i could kind of imagine the others around him. i was feeling a sort of dizziness too reading about the poison and the stars spinning at 'sickening speeds', love the alliteration. and also his trains of thought deraling. Great sense of movement and things going wrong. It sounds wrong too, but it's quite enjoyable seeing this poor guy being tormented XD I do feel sorry for him though - so much peril in these few stories! Excellent writing, well done!
Shelly chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
I thought it was excellent. Different yes I guess but not so different. Interesting, definately. Loved the end especially and Rodney's realization of what was really happening. Some good whump up to that point too. Thanks for sharing the story. A very nice read.
RodneyIsGodney chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
OH WOW! Blue, this is, this is... AMAZING!

I faved you and this fic as well as put ya on alert.;-)
ElisaD263 chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
Good or bad you asked? GREAT!

You did a great job with descriping what Rodney was seeing and thinking! I enjoyed how he kept seeing and hearing his team mates encourging him to get up and keep going and just keeping him grounded.

And the last bit, wow! Never really thought it was real...EEK! But, EEK in a good way!_

Would really like to see a follow up story on this, but if the muse is not interested..that's just fine with me! Again, great job! Thanks! Looking forward to your next story! :-)
Korilian chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
EW! Okay seriously Ew. And I mean that in the best way possible. I liked the sudden twist at the end. I wonder how the rest will react.