Reviews for Of Cabbages and Kings
G.E Waldo chapter 8 . 6/9/2009
This story is outrageously cool and sexy (if for no other reason than House is in it - that automatically makes it sexy).

You have wonderful insight into portraying a tortured mind. Bravo.
LegendaryHighFive chapter 8 . 6/9/2009
Keep goin! poor house...
Spot and Punk chapter 8 . 6/9/2009
Gosh, this is terrifying. Great stuff!
maineac chapter 8 . 6/9/2009
I'm truly loving this.

I have one small suggestion: your dialogue is often confusing as to who is doing the speaking.

Other than that: brilliant.
NiteJasmine chapter 8 . 6/9/2009
O. Scary good. They can't put House in restraints - in a hospital bed? OMG he would completely FREAK. Poor guy is really going through the ringer... Can't wait for the next chapter!
Visitkarte chapter 8 . 6/9/2009
God, this is starting bad!

What we do in the hospital sometimes is start an IV on a leg and 'only' restrain the leg (loose) and the rump, so the patient can't reach the IV sticking in the leg. And it's never a needle in the vein, only the plastic tube. That way the patient won't feel so restrained and helpless, and he can still scratch an itch... They'd have to use his left lag, of course...
WelcomeToTheAsylum chapter 4 . 6/4/2009
Damn this, it's too absorbing. I'm going to be late for class now.
NiteJasmine chapter 7 . 6/2/2009
Hey! I am completely hooked on this story vein... You have done an expert job of writing it and maintaining the intensity and suspense level... Love it!

The only thing I raise an eyebrow at is that perhaps Cuddy (especially in the situation of this specific chapter) would possibly be a bit more thick-skinned, despite her inner, deeper feelings for House. Considering her tough position as Dean of Medicine at a top-notch hospital, she would be able to handle this very difficult challenge being asked of her. Knowing that by House calling specifically on her to be the one to help him through this awful hellish event, that he would be counting heavily on her strength, knowing that he would be weak, and depending on her ability to stay focused and not cave in to him or to his circumstances... Maybe he wanted her because she is the only one who has the capability to 'control' him, or have the ability to say 'NO' to him... maybe he knows that he needs that now... I think that she would probably not crumble so easily...

Anyway, that being said, I am absolutely enjoying this ride... Can't wait for more!
Visitkarte chapter 7 . 6/1/2009
Difficult task for Cuddy, knowing how she acted in his delusion and still staying on his side during his real detox. I wish she could do it 'for real', but I'm afraid DS won't allow that much solace for House... He'll have to suffer alone, I fear.

Amber was as spooky as in House Divided, really, even if she showed 'just short', it still made me ache for him...
Alex chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
I love this, its so gorgeous.

I can picture all of this happening so vividly; you have a real talent for capturing House's emotions based on what we are able to observe. House's desperation, his panic,his pain, even his delusions seem so in character, so realistic based on what we are able to see in canon.

Im so happy you are writing more fanfiction in addition to your column on blogcritics

great job and please continue

(i also love the title/chapter headings you chose-for some reason that poem always gives me chills-to me it often seems as if it has a sort of creepy undertone to it)
Ladyluck523 chapter 7 . 6/1/2009

I feel exhausted just reading that. I can't imagine the stress House and Cuddy are going through. It's good to see Cuddy sticking by House though. I hope House can appreciate it. Thanks for the regular updates!
HuntingPeace chapter 7 . 5/31/2009
This was really great. I'm so glad that Cuddy is there by his bedside. Please update asap.
misfiredcanon chapter 7 . 5/31/2009
Very affecting. Please to continue.
Katheryn Mae chapter 7 . 5/31/2009
Wow, this is really, really amazing! It's all like ... in character, unlike mine. Keep up the great work!

~Katheryn Mae
lhoma320 chapter 7 . 5/31/2009
OMG! Another fantastic update. Loved every single word. House frenzied jumping out of bed, finding comfort on the cool linoleum, and Cuddy being there for him. I loved House questioning whether Cuddy was really there and then if Pauline was really there. It's true? How can he really ever know? Croft telling House to take Cuddy with him and Cuddy massaging his leg. Loved this update. The only downside to your chapters is it's never ever enough. LOL

Had a House dream last night. I dreamed he was in the institute with a full beard and had requested his leg be amputated. Then just as they are about to take him in for the procedure, he decides he doesn't want it but they think he's out of it so they don't listen. Fortunately, Wilson got wind of it and managed to stop it. It was the scene from the termite episode where House walked into the OR and stops them from giving the kid a liver because he sneezes and spits on the instruments only it was Wilson. LOL I woke up after that. Oh yeah, I'm not obsessed over this show. LOL
145 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »