Reviews for Kisses
368235 chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
I love it, very beautiful! You're very talented.
estelle.evenstar72 chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
So cute, don't tell me you are retiring! I haven't visited my beloved Alexander area of fanfiction in a while, and it was a lovely welcome back to see this up. So, so adorable. 'I've got a problem' haha :)
Grecian1 chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Hi,

Great to see another story from you. I like young Alexander and Hephaistion stories where you can see elements of what they will become and yet there is still an innocence about them.

Liked Hephaistion worrying about what Alexander would think of him for wanting to kiss. Also Alexander slightly put out that Hephaistion had not been listening to him with his full attention when he'd been talking. (I'm sure that wasn't the first or the last time!).

It was also fun to see that they had not yet made the link between love and sex until they tried the kissing (typical adolescents I guess).

Thanks for posting.
Songnatasha chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
It is so beautifully written, always love your stories and your writing style, wish to read more of them in the future.
Norrsken chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
Dear Kizzycat,

So nice seeing another story from you. Your Kisses holds such vivid imagery from the beautiful Mieza garden. You make me almost feel the sunshine, hear the buzzing of bees and wasps and smell the flowers and apples. Our Dear Ones are having a tender, private moment, exploring the depth and true nature of their fond feelings for one another. Natural, fast flowing dialog, enhancing the deep emotions involved.

All the best wishes and many thanks for sharing,

/ NorthernLight
evave chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
I LOVE this story. It is just so spot-on.

There WOULD be a difference between "sex" between men and "kisses" between men because ONE was in response to physical need (and the societal need to build cohesive military units - cripes that sounds academic - I mean, as you explained it, sex was an itch that needed scratching and nothing more) and OTHER was about actual romantic affection.

So the boys had been having SEX but they hadn't yet MADE LOVE the way we would understand it.

It was "okay" for Alexander to choose a close "companion" and to hang out and "goof around" but actually being 'in love' was NOT "okay." I remember reading that there was a series of "letters from the dead" about this time which had a remonstrance fron Phillip to Alexander because of his "excessive love" for Hephaistion. And this story really illustrates what this is all about: Phillip banged everybody who set still long enough, boys-girls-women (not MEN - because that would be showing affection and not just the need to get his itch scratched) and it was just a king's right, perfectly acceptable in Macedonian mores.

Alexander really did NOT seem to have much variety in his lovers (we can only be sure - historically speaking - of Roxanne; Bagoas was mentioned because nobody could believe he took the fellow's advice because he was smart and could deal with various court interests; Hephaistion COULD have been a slur from various Greek interests like Diogenes and his "love for Hephaistion's thighs" and Demosthenes and HIS rants and thus not really a lover but the way it was discussed at the time it makes me think that everybody really really REALLY thought the two were playing bang-a-gong) and THAT was the more notable fact about his personal life.

What WAS going on with him that he didn't have the kind of love-life his dad had? Maybe he thought that his lovelife was got Phillip killed? Maybe ANYTHING. We don't KNOW. But this story is just the sweetest surmise - nobody thought anything of the King and his Buddy but they were nonplussed about the King and his Beloved.

Just a terrific story. Thanks a lot Kizzy.

Eva