Reviews for Flaws and All
FlyingHampsterOfDoom chapter 11 . 5/20/2013
I love the relationship her and Bones have, thank you for not cutting him out of her life just because her and Kirk might have a thing. I'm also completely loving Chapel's character development, it's my favorite thing ever to read characters that change over the course of a story. I'm also very happy with how you've (mostly) stuck to the movie's story line without just rehashing scenes to have Chapel in them. I've only got a couple chapters left before I've finished this story, and so I'm looking forward to seeing the resolution.
Shaybo27 chapter 15 . 6/23/2012
Very good story. I like the thought of Jim being sweet on Nurse Chapel, or Christine. It brings a smile to my face :) Great story!
liferscove2118 chapter 15 . 9/17/2011
This was a piece of fantastic.
Spake2121 chapter 15 . 8/16/2010
What a sweet, lovely story. I love Nurse Chapel stories and this is one of the best I've read. She and Kirk have a real report (smoking hot...yeaooouch!) and I love the way you fit her into sort of 'scenes between scenes' in the movie...very clever! Chapel is very cute too, though my only critique is that she seems a teensy bit static (also that she doesn't get down to the good stuff with Kirk in the story is a bit of a tease). I also enjoyed the question you pose: where does Kirk draw the line between business and pleasure and does that leave space for more than a one-night stand? It's an interesting idea and you develop it well.

Keep up the good work

!
kittiekat10105 chapter 15 . 6/24/2010
I just read through all fifteen chapters! WOOT! I'm glad I'm not the only Christine/Jim fan out there! I have plans for one myself, only with a very different dynamic between those two.

Well, enough about my ideas. This was AWESOME! I loved watching Christine grow and change. And I'm just a total sucker for Jim;s soft side. I'm even less of a Roger fan than I was originally (I assume he's the fiancée from this one TOS episode that I can't think of the name of right now).

The jerk breaking her heart like that...Also, the mentions of Spock and Nyota warmed my heart. I just love those two.

Well, that's my review! I would make it longer, but it's 1:15 AM, and I'm very very tired. Goodnight, and PLEASE write a sequel!
fdksn chapter 15 . 5/2/2010
I loved it. This story was amazing and beautifully written. :D
Lord Admiral Ky chapter 15 . 3/30/2010
Awesome story. Keep up the good work!
Goomba chapter 4 . 3/9/2010
I'm bored. *Sigh* I like your story and it is written well with few errors, but I am not excited by it anymore. So far it's been a slow replay of the movie; and though I have enjoyed your 'other-point-of-view' (specifically Chapel's descriptions of Kirk and how she responds to him) I find myself not interested to see how much more conflicted and pathetic she is likely to become. I am interested to see what new point of view you will create throughout the rest of your story but not interested enough to follow through. (Darn internal conflict; see I want to know but I don't want to force myself through it, which I believe would become the case if I press futher into the story.) So, as you can tell I am enjoying the idea of your story and your writting - just not this story - shame.

Goomba chapter 2 . 3/9/2010
Not bad, good set-up and lead into future dealings and I am excited for a little bit more action and some direct Kirk and crew and Chapel interaction. (In truth, it's a bit boring right now.) But I am eager to get on with it and see where you're taking us.

Small areas of concern: "...and it swung open, opening up her room to her." A little redundant. "...the room was still fairly Spartan." I think maybe you mean sparse (as in bare or empty. Spartan is a type of ancient people I believe.)

Goomba chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Well, I certainly like where you are going with this (even if both girls seem rather young in their choice of words at times. I would explain but I am running late and just had to leave a review.) So, I am liking it and I am interested to see how this gets developped.

HalandLeg4ever chapter 15 . 3/7/2010
Loved this story! The chemistry between Jim and Christine was perfect and so believable. Great fic :) Thanks for sharing it with us.
ShiroKitaHoshi chapter 4 . 2/8/2010
I love your story, actually this is my second time reading it.

I just wanted to correct something about the vaccine plotline.

A vaccine is a "weak" version of an illness. Doctor's actually inject a tiny amount of a dying disease into your body.

Your body can easily fight it off - and antibodies are produced by your immune system. This is how a vaccine protects against infection.

In the movie, Kirk got symptoms from the vaccine. They were supposed to be short term. This is what McCoy was aiming for, short symptoms to get Kirk aboard.

The inflammation was a result of an allergic reaction to the vaccine. The disease injected didn't cause inflammation. It's likely that McCoy gave Kirk a contaminated vaccine without realizing it.

Injecting Kirk with another vaccine wouldn't help him.

That's why McCoy kept giving him injection of cortizone until his body had recovered from it's allergic reaction.

Again, love the story! I just wanted to help correct some of the medical terminology in your story. Thanks for posting your stories!
Texascutie75103 chapter 14 . 11/11/2009
As much as I loved the story at first, by the end, I couldn't stand Christine. Her constant self doubt and inablity to express herself drove me insane. By the last few chapters, I was so fed up with her that I no longer wanted a happy ending for her and Kirk.
brodie-wan chapter 8 . 8/6/2009
Another stellar, emotionally captivating chapter, Reese.

Christine is already emotionally devasted from the triage that was sickbay and now, when supposed to be resting, she has to relive the break up with Roger.

Roger: What an ass! You wrote the break up scene well, though I wondered how old Roger was compared to Chrstine. she was appropriarely devasted and he was, like all college professors breaking it off with their assitants, quite a bastard. :-P

She was so strong, only moments before he came home. Then, WHAM!

After the memory, I was very drawn into her pain and indecision and general sadness. When Kirk arrived, it was a perfectly pleasant surprise. I thought it was Nyota. Very well played. I can't wait for the next chapter. Good thing I don;t have to.
Jac Danvers chapter 15 . 8/3/2009
This story was really great. I was so disappointed when Chapel was left out of the new movie, and you did a lovely job of creating her a story line. It fit in very well with the movie. Great story!