Reviews for Before I Sleep
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
Great story. Please keep up the great work.
TheKritty chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Aww - this was cute! I liked how you described the scene, the atmosphere and you captured the boys pretty well! I also loved the hurt!Dean and how Sam cared for him *sighs*

Enjoyed it, thank you very much!

Greetings from Germany!

Kritty
nwspaprtaxis chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
Aw. I just finished S1 and this totally fits in there... Not sure /when/ I'd place this fic but their chemistry is a lot like it is around the time of "The Benders" - like they still haven't found Dad yet, and are just killing evil things and basically trying not to die. I've been on a Hurt!Dean Kick (basically discovered I love that boy... while Sam doesn't really do much for me in S1 for some reason. I mean, I like Sam, he's a good character, but he doesn't have that added layer that makes Dean so appealing for me to watch) and just rediscovered you wrote Supernatural fics...

Love this - love the smell of iron and how Sam is the one who keeps watch and takes care of his brother - who is basically hurt because of his twisted code of "Protect Sammy". Love Dean forcing Sam to take his jacket - totally in-character! And their voices are spot on. Loved the details!
Merisha chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
Aw, that was fantabulous :D - I love how sweet Sammy is here, looking after his injured big brother. Wonderful hurt!comfort, just wish it were longer LOL XD - thanks for making my day!

Hugs and luv

Mish :D
Mad Server chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
Hands on Dean's forehead make me happy.
Landwing chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
Ugh. Camping the hard way. Only did that once, and I've prayed ever since not to have to do it again. Not that I was ever in a Winchester kind of situation, but nonetheless, don't wanna do it again. Very good.
Farrahmack chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Love the brotherly love miss it this season...Great!
Holly Lukeman chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Yay! Another story! It's nice - I seem to find your new posts right when I'm at the height of my boredom...and procrastination. Anyway, this is really cool story. I love the atmosphere here - it's simultaneously a wee bit creepy, subdued, and hopeful (with the brotherly element). Very nice.

The bond with the guys is very clear in this story, and the way you illustrate it is both thought-provoking and entertaining. I like how you show Sam as not minding some of the more unpleasant aspects of their life so long as he has his family with him, and I do believe Sam is as much a family man as is Dean, though in a slightly different way.

Sam taking care of Dean was very sweet, especially with the jacket.

"Sam pulls his knees up to his chest and wraps his arms around his legs to try and keep in some warmth. His body is screaming at him to sleep, but he keeps his eyes wide as he gazes out into the fog-shrouded pine trees. The .45 loaded with silver bullets rests at his side, and the duffel full of weapons lies at in easy reach at Dean’s feet. The werewolf they were hunting may be dead, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t other threats in these woods."

That paragraph gave me a very clear mental image, which is just fantastic. You do really well with description - not too much and not too little. It was also a nice image of Sam protecting Dean, something of which I think he feels he doesn't do enough. Dean isn't the best at letting people take care of him. Not that Sam's a picnic, either. :)

Really liked the the story! Plus, reduced boredom for me!

Holly
Sofi Stree chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
The story throws me back to the first season and how simple everything was back then. I mean, all they had to do was kill evil things, not die, and find Dad. Now... I have no idea what they're doing now, but I still love it. :D

This is a great story. I love all the introspection from Sam (while he's merrily freezing away), especially concerning Dean. I think you had some very interesting insights into the whole dynamic with those two.

"It may be selfish, since Sam knows Dean will go on a guilt-trip for letting his little brother get sick, and Sam does feel bad about that, but it’s still worth it." I thought this was interesting because it highlights how they're trying to help each other, but part of that is keeping themselves safe so the other doesn't go nuts. It's a hard balance of keeping themselves safe and sacrificing themselves in the name of brotherhood and family. Convoluted statement I have there...

It's great how you showed that even while Sam was less than fond of camping, he disliked it way less with his family with him. You know, that makes me think of paradoxical their family-centric, self-destructive lifestyle is. If that makes sense. Ya know, sacrifice self, hurt family.

Ha ha ha! The conversation with Dean wanting to know what happened to Sam's coat more than he wondered about the injuries on his body was funny...and a bit sad.

Great story about brothers, camping, and creatures that rip you to shreds in the night! I enjoyed it a lot.
friendly chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
good job.. nice story.. would like to see more maybe when dean finds out that sam hurt his ankle...
dcp8 chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
great story, it's really good to read about the boys taking care of each other, specially with all the way things have been lately between them.

I think you should write a second chapter for it!
QuierdoMusic chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
very cute...

Liked it.
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
That was a great read. wonderful detail and love the brotherly moments.