Reviews for Promises To Keep
The terror, angst, sacrifice, determination, understanding and family was well portrayed by all of the characters in your story. And, the ending had me all smiling and there were a couple of tears too. Great job.
S4binst chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
Wow! Another great story! I am so excited about the quality of stories at this site. Great plot. Fantastic pacing. And I love that the main focus was the DeSoto children and Johnny. Some very deep conversations, too. Wonderful writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
Really good story. Tender moments, and funny ones (loved the Barbie scenes). These are all my favorite characters, and I always enjoy reading their exploits. Thanks for a great read.
Mary Lou chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
I come back to this story every once in a while and read it again. I enjoy it just as much now as I did the first time I read it.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
I hope Gina L. knows her "soul sister" wrote a great story. I enjoyed every word of it. And loved the way Johnny talked with, not to, Christopher. Helped him understand his feelings, and explained they were perfectly normal feelings. And admitted to him that he himself was scared of what they may do to him. Or rather what they promised to do to him if he pulled a fast one on them again.
MGroggins chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Just read this 2-19-13
Made me laugh and cry. Great writing style. Loved the "connection" between Johnny and the children. Loved the Barbie doll scene!
Thanks
Emzieluvsbooks chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Oh my gosh! This story is amazing. I'm relatively new to fan fiction, but I can tell you this is one of the best stories on here. This is the first story I read when I started reading fan fiction and it got me hooked. I had to come back and comment on it. I love how you really showed Johny and Roy's friendship, and how exiting it is, and how you made it both funny and serious, and... well I just love everything about it!

Hope you keep writing!
starlight guardian chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Beautifully done with a potentially nasty subject. Liked the way you handled this story, especially how the children take care of Johnny and the final conversation with Chris.
Rowdy Tanner chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
Tense and nicely written. I have read this more than once and I still find one part sad. Well done!
Ninjapirate101 chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
This was absolutely wonderful! It made me cry! Im glad everyone made it out okay!
Nobody-at-all chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
I have to say, this is one of my favorite Emergency! stories. They say the best stories are the ones that make you laugh and cry. Well, this one is one of those, and I really agree with them (whoever the people who say that are). Poor Chris. And Jennifer. And Johhny. And Roy. POOR EVERYONE! :(

Good job

Nobody-at-all
Neemps chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Terrific story! Really well done. A
keemew2 chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Oh, man! I can't believe I never favorited this thing! It took me forever to find it again! I am so gla dfI did, too! This is story is just amazing! I love it! The intensity is deep and the the writing is wonderful. I love how fluid the story is and hiow well in character every9one is. You did good on Johnny's thoughts as he annylizes his situation and keeps track of his problems. It really goes into the relationship that He adn Ropy have together. They are family, through and through. HHJohnny loves those kids like they were his own and he's every bit their uncle.

Again, like I siad before, good job on this story. I really love it.
Desert Red chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Great story, though it would have been better if it had chapters. I would like to see more.
crokettsgirl chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
I know you wrote this awhile ago. I was an Emergency fan when it first came out and now with the DVD's I realize I'm still a fan. I love the team, that the partnership with Gage and Desoto. But my first love was always and still is Johnny.

I enjoyed the story so very much. They never showed Johnny over Roy's or how they were as friends and John with JoAnn and the kids. I thought this was a powerful story of protectiveness and love of children and friends. And how John got the kids to go to safty and then Johnny at the Desoto's home was my favorite parts. The talk John had with Chris was so sweet and you see on the show how John can be so vulnerable and sweet, yet a bit off the wall at times..lol...I think you wrote an excellent story, thank you for writing it. Sue