Reviews for Sweeter than Honey
Salty.Pretzel chapter 3 . 5/16/2012
I am drop dead speechless. You are a beautiful writer, honestly. Through the entire three chapters, I've been kept at the edge of my seat. Few stories have had such an effect upon me. I have no idea what to write at the moment, only for the simple fact that I wish to get your attention. I'd really like to thank you for giving me such a wonderful reading. This has been close to perfection, if not exactly that. Everyone was in character, your writing never fails to surprise me (I think you're the author whose stories I read the most), the suspense was amazing. And what counts to me most importantly is a great ending.

Thank you so much for this! It put a smile on my face and made me pursue my wish to become a writer.
Airabelle chapter 3 . 1/1/2011
Omgosh, that fic was so cute, loved how Cameron was always eavesdropping even if by accident and yet House always knew. It was way cute!
CarineM chapter 3 . 4/19/2010
loved it!
jeffhawke chapter 3 . 10/3/2009
Nice writing, as usual :D

And very sweet indeed, well in character with both Cameron, House and Wilson.

I liked how she never really thought he could be accepting a relationship. At least not immediately :grin:

I'd like to see things develop from here, read House's opinion of the night...

Thanks and bye.
emeliec chapter 3 . 8/10/2009
chapter one made me laugh, chapter two made me grin, chapter three, that was just hot!

please write more! :D
luvhouse5 chapter 3 . 6/7/2009
I just found this and it was WONDERFUL!

The way you wove Cameron's thoughts into the Honey story was masterful- perfectly chosen words in her inebriated state. You used the perfect flashbacks, including "People don't change," and the lie he told about the tea.
Tortall101 chapter 3 . 5/21/2009
haha - aww - such a sweet ending and it made me laugh - loved the reference to Cmaeron's sex speech :)
ShipperCrazed - FanFicCrazy chapter 3 . 5/18/2009
Just found this fic. The last two sentences were absolutely priceless. Very, very cute. (and hot!) Thank you for supporting the Hameron fandom! Fanfiction is all we have at the moment!
lucindadixon chapter 3 . 5/18/2009
Oh yay, you posted it here! Now I can favourite it.
AllyCameron chapter 3 . 5/18/2009
Awesome! It's not possible to put a better tag on this story than BRILLIANT!
0melting.snow0 chapter 3 . 5/18/2009
The title says it all. Sweeter than Honey. )
Limaccia chapter 3 . 5/17/2009
Last, but certainly not least, favorites for your last chapter:

"But mom, I swear I was at the library studying last night."

* * * *

“Ah, but you don't deny that you got some. C'mon, who was it? Hooker?"

"Not a hooker. And I didn't ask her name," House answered, selectively leaving out the pertinent detail that it was someone whose name he already knew.

That’s so clever!

AND then the big finish, again, tying up the whole story so nice and neatly:

Leaning over the counter, House winked at her before answering.

"Oh yeah. Sweeter than honey."

It’s just so wonderful to read something from someone who’s a real, honest-to-God "author" - The clever writing, the structure of the story, the vocabulary, the use of proper grammar, so many things, many of which I’ve forgotten and will probably kick myself later for not saying.

(only thing I saw was in Ch.1 the use of “affect” when it should be “effect”: “the beer that was beginning to take affect.”) (oh, & I thought the smut was just fine)

I look forward to your future work.
Limaccia chapter 2 . 5/17/2009
Favorite parts:

"So, she sounds like a sure thing. You take her home?"

Cameron's marching band detoured to her stomach,

stopping briefly to stomp on her heart. . . .

What a great turn of phrase!

Then great line & sum-up of everything in the story so far:

"Nope," House answered without hesitation and it was like a shot of morphine to Cameron, relief so sweet and instantaneous, she had to stifle a happy laugh.

"She wasn't my cup of tea."
Limaccia chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
Interesting concept – Cameron there at the bar eavesdropping on that date. Liked the bit:

"Only House could rattle off a list of vices and still be charming. But then she heard his next words and they wrapped around her heart and squeezed until she felt she couldn't breathe, felt that surely the blood had stopped pulsing through her veins."

"And ... I'm not always faithful to the women I date."

I’ve always wondered what that meant. I’ve always wondered why the writers put that in. They use it as if it’s just a throw-away line, but I don’t think there is such a thing on House. One would have to think, just for starters, it meant he cheated on Stacy when they were together - not that any of us would lose any sleep over that. But Cameron’s reaction is one I think all of us WOULD agree with:

“Maybe she was as naive and pathetic as everyone thought her to be, because she never imagined him as a cheater. Never imagined that if they finally came together he might not be true to her. Of all his vices, this was the one she could never accept.”

Just one criticism - “maybe even younger than Cameron herself”? Only by about 15 years or so. It takes a hell of a long time to become not just a doctor but a board-certified specialist.