Reviews for Not So Drunk as You Think I Am
sylia91 chapter 17 . 11/9/2009
I always love motherhen Sam and placating Dean. They have it down so well and I had been missing it last season.
Micaiah chapter 17 . 11/9/2009
Good chapter. I'm behind also on reading and reviewing other people's work. Not enough hours in the day! 50,0 words in thirty days? Wow! I'll try to keep checking on that one! Good luck!
L5472 chapter 17 . 11/9/2009
Oh dont you just hate it when Dean pawns things off as being "fine"? I hate that word! No you're not fine! :(

But at least in the end he was able to understand Sam's worry..
pandora jazz chapter 17 . 11/8/2009
What a nice scene between the brothers.

Good luck with your other challenge.

Thanks for the update.
Twinchy chapter 17 . 11/8/2009
Oh, I so can understand Sam's being all worked up over this and particularly at Dean's usual dismissive behaviour.
SophieSaulie chapter 17 . 11/8/2009
Great chapter! At the risk of repeating myself, I delight in these brotherly angst moments and even more so the Sam angst, the need to take care of Dean and reassure himself that he's okay. I just lap all that stuff up!

Fave Parts:

Sam eyed his brother critically. “You look like crap,” he assessed

-as only a Winchester can assess the injuries. It's almost reassuring.

Ignoring Dean’s attempt to swat away helping hands, he herded his brother back to bed, hovering as Dean gingerly settled himself, trying not to jostle ribs Sam had just re-wrapped. “You need to take it easy,” Sam admonished, “not do too much too soon.” Getting Dean to take his own injuries seriously? Like pryin’ hen’s teeth, as Bobby would say…impossible.

-LOVED Sam's mother henning of Dean. It's heart warming.

“Dude, chill. I’ve had worse.” Dean’s accompanying eye roll ignited a fuse.

-typical Dean trying to reassure Sam in his own macho way that he's okay. Hard to break the big brother instinct.

“Forgive me if I’m a little freaked out here, Dean. You nearly died yesterday! Heaven forbid I show some concern,” Sam snapped. “You were missing,” his voice cracked, “and I couldn’t find you, and you could’ve—” Anguish. Terror.

-Fantastic emotional outburst and totally justified. I LOVE the truth it revealed.

“Okay, Sammy. Okay.” Dean held up a hand, placating. He remembered when the Benders had taken Sam—the frantic fear, the desperation he’d felt. “I’ll take it easy. Just calm down, man. I’m fine, nothing happened to me. I made it out.” He leaned into Sam’s sightline, green eyes holding hazel. “I’m fine.”

-*sigh. I love how you connected the experiences between them and the panic and worry they both felt when the other went missing. Wonderful!

Sam took a calming breath, forced painkillers on Dean and glared until he swallowed them, then settled into his chair by the bed, keeping watch.

-so can see this. Beautiful moment!

Great! You captured every brotherly moment perfectly.
cravingcaffeine chapter 17 . 11/8/2009
Aw, I just adore protective Sam! I'm sure he's going to watch over Dean the entire time he's sleeping. What an awesome brother he is. :)
Ani-maniac494 chapter 17 . 11/8/2009
"“Dude, chill. I’ve had worse.” Dean’s accompanying eye roll ignited a fuse."

I love this line! I can so picture Dean's expression here. And I love how Sam reacts, how, for him, the fact that Dean's had worse only makes him worry more. I also love the way Dean then rushes to reassure him.

Good luck with NaNoWriMo! I have no doubt that whatever you write will be fantastic! *hugs*

Wonderful work as always!

Ani-maniac494
Nana56 chapter 17 . 11/8/2009
Aw. Poor Sam! Yeah, Sam's the one I feel sorry for here. He thought he'd lost his brother! Gah!

Really good. :)

Oh, and GOOD LUCK!
clair beaubien chapter 17 . 11/8/2009
What I love most about this chapter is when Dean leans into Sam's line of sight to convince him that he's OK. Eye contact is an important part of Dean's communication style, especially with Sam. So that's a nice detail in this chapter.

CB
Swellison chapter 17 . 11/8/2009
Hi Beth,

Dean's definition of 'fine' has always been a lot different than the dictionary's one. I like how Dean gets Sam's mood after he remembers when Sam was kidnapped by the Benders, and that Sam kept glaring until Dean swallowed the pills.

Sue
TraSan chapter 17 . 11/8/2009
Excellent installment!

Good luck on your NaNoWriMo! It does have an impressive word count requirement.
Realhuntress chapter 17 . 11/8/2009
Aww.. poor sam having after-the-fact freak out. I soo know how that feels. Can't wait to see how they deal with the lumberjacks.

Great update! brotherly moment without being too mushy. perfect!
Tribble Master chapter 17 . 11/8/2009
yeah for carring sam! _ cute update.

and now i'll add on this weeks word: dean wants sam to give him some space. ;D

write on!