Reviews for Half Magic
Rosmerta chapter 8 . 8/5/2021
I really enjoyed this story! I hope you get back to writing more HG/SS someday. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!
feedthesquirrel chapter 8 . 7/9/2021
Such a fun little story!
Rosmerta chapter 8 . 2/18/2021
This is a lovely story! It definitely needs a followup with Hagrid befriending the new creature and teaming with Severus and Hermione to learn more about it... but I will understand if you don’t care to pursue that avenue! ;-) And your writing is excellent. You even know where to put the comma in “God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen.” I am in awe :-D
Jennifer C chapter 8 . 1/30/2021
Looks like Hermione grew up a bit by the end.
It was a nice story and a good original plot. I like that Hermione didn't simply cheat on Ron and that they were already nowhere by the time she has fallen for Snape.
Jennifer C chapter 5 . 1/30/2021
Let me start by saying that it is interesting and original so far, and I enjoy reading it.
There are a few things that bother me a little, but just because I talk about them, please don't think that they overweight the good part.
Hermione's character bugs me a little as she behaves slightly entitled. She reacts to every Snape's intonation as if it were a personal insult, although here it looks that it's more his way of speaking (not always pleasant, true, but not 'set to kill' either). And she's not a student anymore, she is free to react however she wants, to answer in kind or ignore it. And still she continues to judge every single little thing. Her indignation about the library and the fact that she attacks strict discipline show that she is unable to look at things from other people's perspective. No one is obliged to provide her with every book. She doesn't have an inherent right to get every piece of knowledge around. Not to mention the library in such a school would be too big for her to know every single book, it makes it sound like small town school library, not a hundreds years old institution. Her anger about Snape saying that elves might have lied is off the base too, she is essentially right, but it would be a mistake not to consider the possibility. If they skim over things they risk missing something important.
Aki chapter 8 . 1/2/2019
Short and sweet. You have a great way of voicing each person's thoughts.
wine witch chapter 8 . 11/16/2016
Sweet story, thank you!
Al chapter 8 . 10/1/2016
Excellent story! You are really good at getting inside people's heads.
koshina chapter 3 . 7/13/2016
They just arrived last evening how can he know about last week food.
hayamprince chapter 8 . 3/9/2016
Liked it very much, thank you!
Jessie Deal chapter 8 . 3/6/2016
Interesting idea. Thank you for this cute story
Jessie Deal chapter 3 . 3/4/2016
a small mistake: Snape could have only had one dinner at Hogwarts at this stage, if any (he arrived yesterday)
hanna chapter 8 . 11/4/2015
lovely
only thing i have to critizise is - phineas surename is black
so it has to be headmaster black and not nigulus (that is just his second name :))
Smithback chapter 8 . 4/27/2014
excellent! interesting and misterious
mysinger chapter 8 . 3/7/2013
Great story! A unique premise, well-written and so enjoyable that I was sorry to see it end. Thank you.